Justin Kluivert on his way to Roma for 25 million euros

GranvillusClutterbuckus

Has cut short his holiday in Spain to get this completed. 1 year left on his contract at Ajax and 19 years old...

If it's anything like was being discussed before, the contract will include money for him and his agent regards LEAVING Ajax and sell on fees for agent and player for any transfer after Roma. Ajax still get a part of any sell on fee as well.

Very good player, but still completely mental.

Footballers should pay the agents fee not the clubs
Defo. Previously when they were in negotiations with Ajax for an extension his agent, Mino Raiola, was shouting that he wanted Kluivert to have 1.5 millions salary, and each of them to get 20% of any future sale of the player.

Thing is that the sale to Roma will be even more money in the bank with Ajax, but they've a strict wage and transfer structure they refuse to break, so it will be sitting there with the rest of the wad not being touched.

That’s a very good move for him.

He’ll probably end up in Barcelona or Madrid within 2-3 years.

Defo. Previously when they were in negotiations with Ajax for an extension his agent, Mino Raiola, was shouting that he wanted Kluivert to have 1.5 millions salary, and each of them to get 20% of any future sale of the player.

Thing is that the sale to Roma will be even more money in the bank with Ajax, but they've a strict wage and transfer structure they refuse to break, so it will be sitting there with the rest of the wad not being touched.

They do buy the best players from their league with the funds they receive

I've never thought about this until now...

How do you qualify to become a football agent?

"Letchery"
"Greed"

Yeah, I get that. But seriously. What, if anything, do you have to study and graduate in? How do you get your foot in the door?

He’s decent, hard to judge price with how crazy cash in football is now.

Frenkie de Jong is some talent at Ajax, wouldn’t be surprised if he goes for much more than that price for Kluivert.

Once again Ajax cash in :rolleyes: . If the money isn`t put back into the team this time then fans are going to become extremely restless.

No point in having all that cash in the bank while not winning the league and going out of Europe in early rounds

I've never thought about this until now...

How do you qualify to become a football agent?

"Letchery"
"Greed"

Yeah, I get that. But seriously. What, if anything, do you have to study and graduate in? How do you get your foot in the door?

There was an agent who was a post grad in my course at uni.

Said much of the time is spent watching youths and low league with hope of getting someone a deal who turns out to be a star and win a big move.

If memory serves me right, i think he had been the agent for Hugo Rodallega at some point.

Wasn't the brightest guy academically though

Once again Ajax cash in :rolleyes: . If the money isn`t put back into the team this time then fans are going to become extremely restless.

No point in having all that cash in the bank while not winning the league and going out of Europe in early rounds

Think Ajax have just spent €9.5m on Lisandro Magallan a centre back from Boca - not sure if the deal has been completed yet. Must admit, I'm surprised at the fee as I don't think he is that good, especially when German Conti was available at $3.5m from Colon. He's just signed for Benfica.

Edit: And if Ajax have money to spend then they should be trying to sign Pussetto from Huracan. Cracking wide player with loads of pace who is available for $8m(ish). They would easily make that back and more in a few years.

Last edited:
Lovely wee player.

The next big money mover from Ajax could be Hakim Ziyech if the boy has a decent WC with Morocco, he’s an absolute assist machine.

This thread got me to thinking, who are the best clubs in the world for consistently churning out top class players ...?

From what i have seen of him (Which isn't a ton but still a decent amount) he's good but not close to ready enough for a team like Roma.

Another case of a player wanting it all right away and having a powerful agent who can get him it (and no doubt be assuring him its the right move because that puts more oney in both their pockets) instead of giving himself time to mature. Memphis Depay might have failed at United but he was undoubtedly ready to leave Holland. Kluivert has had a season and a half

It's just annoying how quickly some of these young players will bolt if you're not in one of the top 4 leagues the second they're given the chance to.

When was the last time the sprog of a top player was really any good? My first thought is Kasper Schmeichel. Please, naebody suggest young Josh.

He's supposed to be quite some prospect. A years loan at a massive club finding it's way back would do him the world of good.

When was the last time the sprog of a top player was really any good? My first thought is Kasper Schmeichel. Please, naebody suggest young Josh.

Giovanni Simeone, Diego’s son, is doing brilliantly at Fiorentina alongside Federico Chiesa, son of Enrico.

George Weah’s son made his debut for the the USA as wel last month as well, having been born in New York.

Back