Kelty Hearts FC - Barry Ferguson

BlueStar50

Fair play to Kelty Hearts who have guaranteed to pay all their players during this crisis. I believe Barry, Bob and the management staff have given their wages back to the club.

Some supporters have started a funding page.

Everytime I see a photo of Bazza he's wearing a wooly hat and a puffer jacket.
Looks Baltic down there.

Kelty Hearts who are top of the Lowland League and were closing in on promotion have a preference that the season null and void with recontruction that will see clubs added to the SPFL and no relegation with teasm at the top promoted.

KELTY HEARTS might be six points clear in the Lowland League with five games to go.
But no way does assistant boss Bob Malcolm want them to be crowned champions by default.
The former Rangers star has urged the authorities NOT to follow the lead of the Highland League, who awarded Brora Rangers the title at the weekend.

Malcolm, whose side will face Brora in a play-off for a possible League Two spot if they are crowned champs, said: “I’m really surprised the Highland League have rushed into this decision.
“Kelty have brought in players to win the league but we want to do it the right way.
"We’re six points clear, but we still have to play Bonnyrigg again, who are just behind us with a game in hand.
Malcolm and his team-mates celebrate a Rangers win in 2005
“You can’t just hand us the league title. If that decision is made you would accept it but it still wouldn’t feel right.
“I’d be delighted for everyone at the club but a part of you would feel it would be a bit tainted.
“I don’t want people looking back at the history books and there is an asterisk beside your achievements.
“If there’s a chance of finishing the season, albeit a small one, then we should try to do that.
“It would stop any bickering about handing out trophies when the competition isn’t finished.
“Under no circumstances do you want fans of other clubs saying you won it by default.
“The simple scenario for us is to win the final five games of the season. If we do that we will be champions by right.”
As a veteran of that dramatic final afternoon in 2005 when Rangers pinched the title from Celtic, Malcolm is aware a sensational late twist can never be ruled out.
He added: “You simply cannot take anything for granted.

"I know because I was on the bench that afternoon at Easter Road on Helicopter Sunday.
“I think every person in the whole country expected Celtic to win the league that season and look what happened?
“Being honest I think even most Rangers players that day expected Celtic to beat Motherwell and win the league.”

Players offered to go unpaid but Club said no. Some very good people running the club and going from strength to strength.

Still very surreal seeing Barry and Bob in the dugout and then the clubhouse afterwards :)

Good to see the Rangers minded opinions getting airing. What’s that, 3 weeks since all this shit kicked off?

Great by the Kelty board, as a club they have been doing a lot of great work over the last few years to really make themselves an important part of the community!

Reactions: o7o
Worked with someone who’s boy was at Clyde when Barry was the manager.

Took the team out regularly for meals an Barry covered it.

Back