Kent

Assist and a goal today so can’t ask for better
Of course we can, he has to offer a lot more imo his passing and decision making at times was woeful.
Hopefully his goal will give him confidence as he is too much of a passenger of late.

Just knew this would be a thread after that. He was absolutely shocking today, looked totally disinterested and lazy. Decent assist, and a goal when the game is already done against 10 men.

Ryan Kent is not suddenly a good player. I'd be delighted if he goes on a run of form from here but he won't. His overall performance was really poor.
Stay off the dragon soup

Of course we can, he has to offer a lot more imo his passing and decision making at times was woeful.
Hopefully his goal will give him confidence as he is too much of a passenger of late.
i was agreeing with this till the confidence part :D

Stay off the dragon soup
Clearly he's going to go on a run of form from here then after that brilliant performance he's just put in. I mean, if you look at the evidence based on his time here that's exactly what's about to happen eh?

I still find it slightly worrying that doesn’t appear to be working particularly hard at times. Previously if he had a shit game he’d still work his bollocks off, I’m not sure that’s the case now.

I’d love that goal to be some sort of turning point, but we’ve done this routine several times before with Kent so I certainly have reservations.

I still find it slightly worrying that doesn’t appear to be working particularly hard at times. Previously if he had a shit game he’d still work his bollocks off, I’m not sure that’s the case now.

I’d love that goal to be some sort of turning point, but we’ve done this routine several times before with Kent so I certainly have reservations.
This, even when nothing went right, he was the hardest grafter in the side.
He usually left nothing on the pitch.
He has so much more to offer, but it is a matter for him.

He gave the ball so often with bad passing and poor decisions, many just through sheer laziness.

For the one Hearts chance they had, he was guilty of jogging back while the full back again was Bombing past Borna for the 2 on 1.

Don’t get me wrong, a goal and assist is nothing to complain about and he gets credit for it but if you watch the game back his laziness is there for all to see

100%. A player that shows flashes of talent. Proven over his almost 5 years here that he is not good enough. He wasn't even good today, if you think he was I don't know what you were watching.

He's not scored since December last year. Absolutely embarrassing the folk on here all of a sudden back in his corner after an assist and a goal by the time the game was over and the hearts players are mentally back in the dressing room.

Barely managed to get by his man today and looks absolutely disinterested for most of the game.
Have a word fs, people have been slating his numbers and he gets an assist and a goal today and still got people like you on his back. Why not say thats more like it and have a positive attitude, we won 4-0 top of the league for a while, have a day off ffs

100%. A player that shows flashes of talent. Proven over his almost 5 years here that he is not good enough. He wasn't even good today, if you think he was I don't know what you were watching.

He's not scored since December last year. Absolutely embarrassing the folk on here all of a sudden back in his corner after an assist and a goal by the time the game was over and the hearts players are mentally back in the dressing room.

Barely managed to get by his man today and looks absolutely disinterested for most of the game.
Not good enough for the SPL! No chance mate, thats just wrong. He will be back, I’ve no doubt.

I would’ve had Kent off well before he scored today and don't get me wrong, I was one of his biggest supporters. This season though, he has offered us very little as an attacking threat and one goal against Hearts doesn't change my mind, for know anyway.

3 goals, 20 assists last season. 1 goal, 4 assists this season.

Can’t really grumble.

Have a word fs, people have been slating his numbers and he gets an assist and a goal today and still got people like you on his back. Why not say thats more like it and have a positive attitude, we won 4-0 top of the league for a while, have a day off ffs
Nah I completely get that, and it is good he got a goal and an assist today. But his overall performance is still way below par and has been for the best part of a year. My issue is with the people coming on here praising him for what was still an obviously poor performance. Reserve it until he actually puts in a string of performances and makes a habit of getting on the score sheet and chipping in with assists.

Fine to praise him in isolation for his assist today. It was a good cross. The goal fair enough, well taken but at the point where the game is done and dusted and the hearts players have checked out. But if you want to ignore the fact that his overall performance was pretty poor, in keeping with how he's been playing for a long time, then I'm going to call out the praise for him that is completely not warranted.

you come onto a football discussion board to shut down discussion of a football match :D

Nah I completely get that, and it is good he got a goal and an assist today. But his overall performance is still way below par and has been for the best part of a year. My issue is with the people coming on here praising him for what was still an obviously poor performance. Reserve it until he actually puts in a string of performances and makes a habit of getting on the score sheet and chipping in with assists.

Fine to praise him in isolation for his assist today. It was a good cross. The goal fair enough, well taken but at the point where the game is done and dusted and the hearts players have checked out. But if you want to ignore the fact that his overall performance was pretty poor, in keeping with how he's been playing for a long time, then I'm going to call out the praise for him that is completely not warranted.
He would be the first to admit hes not been playing well, lets hope he can take confidence and kick on from here

He was abysmal for the majority of the game , 5 minutes in I thought maybe he would have a game , set up with good cross. Then as usual poor all game until the end .
Just admit it, you want him out.
Hope you are eating humble pie major style for the next 6/7 weeks.

you come onto a football discussion board to shut down discussion of a football match :D
Well people have been saying his numbers have been shit, we come back from international break sets up an early goal scores a late 1, im not shutting down anything just pointing out

He would be the first to admit hes not been playing well, lets hope he can take confidence and kick on from here
i might start a drinking game tonight, any thread about kent with a post using the word 'confidence' = drink. I'll be rat arsed in 15mins :D

Well people have been saying his numbers have been shit, we come back from international break sets up an early goal scores a late 1, im not shutting down anything just pointing out
eh

I defiantly don’t subscribe to the theory that he has lost interest, can’t be arsed etc….. that’s not Ryan Kent. I honestly think the manager is trying to let him play through this and get back to form, hopefullyhat assist and goal is a step forward for him.
100% agree with this. He’s looked short in confidence so hopefully today helps. Great assist and goal. Nice to see him smiling again

He's wasted as a winger in GVB"s system where he's relying on others to serve him rather than creating things in and around the box. Was much better as a dual 10/ inside left under Gerrard.

I'd honestly play him as the 10 and just have someone with pace on the left.

Also, a far better player when Alfie is on the park

Just admit it, you want him out.
Hope you are eating humble pie major style for the next 6/7 weeks.
He is going anyways, he's been poor for years and out of contract in the summer.
10 minute cameos in 90 minute games isn't going to paper over the cracks of years of inconsistent poor play.

Mate your coming across gutted.
Every winger in the world strives on confidence why is Ryan Kent any different?
If he was having spells of good, the odd poor, good etc then i'd say he's lacking confidence in the poor spells but he's consistently poor where games like dortmund & goals like today are the exception. The stats in this instance dont lie, he hasnt been offering anywhere near enough for a long time.

If he was having spells of good, the odd poor, good etc then i'd say he's lacking confidence in this poor spells but he's consistently poor where games like dortmund & goals like today are the exception. The stats in this instance dont lie, he hasnt been offering anywhere near enough for a long time.
Ok hopefully this is the turning point then setting up the first on a plate abd scoring a belter

Hard to argue with that. Ive said for ages sakalas numbers are similar to his, but sakala gets slated kent is living off step overs v Dortmund. Abada and jotta are probably similar levels of ability but contribute way, way more to the scum. He needs to be told he needs to earn his place and compete for it. Hes got comfy.
He is going anyways, he's been poor for years and out of contract in the summer.
10 minute cameos in 90 minute games isn't going to paper over the cracks of years of inconsistent poor play.
Years. Seriously, struggling to get to his best but for me I hope he signs his contract and the haters move on to there next target.

i might start a drinking game tonight, any thread about kent with a post using the word 'confidence' = drink. I'll be rat arsed in 15mins :D
You can clearly handle your drink better than me. I did it and couldn't read the screen after 6 minutes!

Anyone got any alka seltzer? :eek:

Back