Kent

He's an enigma. Everyone thought he would be outstanding today and yet wasn't then other times when least expect it he's nuclear.

Kent is a good player and on his day an excellent one,but he's not a 7 million pound player.

Said it time and again and got stick for it,but the proof is in the pudding.
Skov Olsen went for 5.5 million and he's a much better player.

Reactions: dmg
I think he is a great player who had an ok game. We were brilliant today, but their keeper was better

Kent is a winger - this free role or through the middle doesn't work. He is effective when he plays on the left but not generally when he's roaming about. Gerrard needs to tell him to stick to a position - he isn't the kind of player that can dominate with a free role.

Playing inexplicably at centre midfield when everyone else was ahead of him trying to score.
that shot he has was simply woeful as well.

I like Kent better when he stays out wide. In the last couple of games he is playing inside a lot. I presume the intention is to support Morelos and allow the full back to overlap him. This isn't working for me. Kent didn't hide and was trying but he wasn't great. I'm not criticising the Gaffer but I'd have Kent predominantly out wide.

Cracking player but he was dreadful today, think he’s lucky he’s got Morelos to take the heat because for £7m I’d expect a lot more. He jus wasn’t involved and didn’t drive at them.
Dreadful. He wasn't at all. Your expectations are what defines your disappointment. Compare him to Christie (a very good player) for example. Sometimes teams get beat. It happens. He's a talented, game changing player. One who will won us the league.

Dreadful. He wasn't at all. Your expectations are what defines your disappointment. Compare him to Christie (a very good player) for example. Sometimes teams get beat. It happens. He's a talented, game changing player. One who will won us the league.

No, he was crap. He didn’t drive at them, caused them no real problems at all and had one effort that he sliced about 10 yards wide.

By the way, he’s played really well against Celtic a few times previously and we forked out £7m for him, am I wrong to have high expectations?

Was disappointing today was Ryan sadly.
I'm sure he will know that himself.
Hopefully he will turn his form around soon.
I think he is a good player when on his game.

Thought him and Alfie had an off day (Alfredo more so as Kent showed flashes of his usual self) but these things happen.

We need to work the ball into a good position for Kent to cause damage. You can't expect him to take on 3 or 4 players and come out on top every time. If we can get him into a position where he's 1 on 1 with a defender then I'd fancy him to create something 9 times out of 10.

I can't believe the shite I'm reading on here tonight. We completely dominated them and without a dodgy (perhaps cheating) linesman they couldn't have won because they didn't manage a single shot on target. We played well, we lost, let's not start making out the players were all crap.

Think he suffered most from Davis missing. Seemed to have to come deep to get the ball. He does his best work coming in from the wing. At least he looked as if he wanted it. Thought Aribo and Kamara were too quiet.

Think he suffered most from Davis missing. Seemed to have to come deep to get the ball. He does his best work coming in from the wing. At least he looked as if he wanted it. Thought Aribo and Kamara were too quiet.
As you say the lad was always on the lookout for the ball. Overall I thought we worked well as a unit today, don't think we can dig anyone out

I don't think we can expect to win a cup against a team with a significantly bigger budget if our two "big game" attacking players are somewhat off the boil.

For all our endeavour, and despite Forster's saves, we lacked quality in the final third today.

I thought he was our worst performer today was just Waiting for him to burst into life but it just never happened for him

The chance right at the death I thought he was going to pick a pass out. Not his best game but we know what he can do

Not a popular opinion but I think he is very inconsistent. He can beat 2 or 3 players but either takes on one too many or his final ball is not good enough. The money we paid for him we should expect better.

Didn't hide, went looking for the ball but in the main was ineffective. At £7m it is only right that we expect and demand more from our big game player in our big games.

Cracking player but he was dreadful today, think he’s lucky he’s got Morelos to take the heat because for £7m I’d expect a lot more. He jus wasn’t involved and didn’t drive at them.
Exactly. An anonymous but hardworking performance.

I don’t think you’re allowed to criticise him on here though.

Exactly. An anonymous but hardworking performance.

I don’t think you’re allowed to criticise him on here though.

There’s a sizeable group of fans on here who don’t want you criticising any player or suggesting that we may have an issue with mentality in these games. They’re in full on 90’s tim mode where you pretend everything’s dandy and the all the signs are a coincidence and it’ll all work out.

Just not delivering. Doesn’t appear physically strong enough to hold off challenges when stepping inside. Think he is becoming too easy to read..
He didn't perform today but you can't say he's just not delivering on one game when he's scored 3 goals recently and generally given us another dimension to our play that was lacking, I say that as someone who was as frustrated as most of us probably were today,if he was on his game today with the level of possession and dominance we had today he would most likely have been the deciding factor for us. You could see he struggled to play his normal game due to how wet the pitch was, he makes his quick footed close control look so easy usually when it's not really

Apart from getting beat, he was my biggest frustration today.
He didnt hide and worked hard, but those moments of excellence we expect from him just didnt happen.
I felt he was always just on the fringes of the game unfortunately.

But, he will be vitally important for us as we move forward.

Back