League Fixtures

If we are away first game of the season (which is most likely) I'll miss it if it's the Sunday which is a right kick to the stones
:(

Sheep or Hivs away first game is a stick on. Bring it on. #LetsGo

Catch 22 for me for first home league match. I'm in the strange position of hoping I miss it. We're away to a log cabin thing on the Sunday when the game will be played if we're still in Europe. Obviously I hope we're still in and the silver lining is I get to the euro match.

I reckon we will get St Mirren away.

They will get a home game for winning the league so why not send Rangers there to make it even bigger for them.
The way the fixtures work, we won't get them. See my post above, those are the teams we are due to play away first.

So our first five home games will be against;
Motherwell, Livi, Hamilton, St Johnstone, St Mirren?
Hardly inspiring, plus we away to 5 of last seasons top 6.

If the SPFL had a brain they would mix up this cycle that we are on as it is going to cause issues every year when the split happens.

If you reverse last seasons fixtures we are due to play the tims, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Kilmarnock twice away.

The teams, on paper at least, that are most likely to make up the top 6 again next season which would cause issues again come split time as we would be due to play all of them at home.

Plus from purely our point of view it simply isn't fair that we have to play 5 of last seasons top 6 away twice before next seasons split.

No other team will have that disadvantage.

Are we accusing the random fixture calculator of having an anti Rangers bias?

Back