League suspension - pitch?

GeckoBear29

Proud Bronze MyGers Member
Official Ticketer
With the league being on hold for (expected 3 weeks minimum) can anything be done to get the pitch back into a decent state for (if) we return?

Be interesting to know whether the sun lamps are still being turned on every night, as they have done for the past few weeks.

If this damn rain doesnt ease up I dont see a great deal of improvement happening (not that I'm an expert)

Regardless, I will be astonished if the season continues.

Haha. Don't mean any offence to the OP but it boggles my mind that people are still concerned about something as trivial as the Ibrox pitch right now.

There's not the slightest chance we will have to play on it within the next few months at least.

Well I’m sure the grounds staff will be doing what they can, as they always do. But you can’t tear up the pitch and re-lay it until the season is officially scrapped. Not exactly the time of year for it anyway.

Think it’s suppose to dry up later next week so that should help. But don’t see us playing on it anytime soon :(

That is probably the only plus to the present situation. If the season resumes it will not be for a while. I expect the ground staff team will be working their socks off to improve it.

Haha. Don't mean any offence to the OP but it boggles my mind that people are still concerned about something as trivial as the Ibrox pitch right now.

There's not the slightest chance we will have to play on it within the next few months at least.
It’s just a discussion point.
We need something to f*#%ing talk about!

Aside from the pitch how long does the break need to last before we need to go in to mini pre season training mode?

Anymore than 2-3 weeks then players will lose sharpness and fitness.

Plenty of notice would be required in the highly unlikely event the season restarts.

What was the official reason for the state of the pitch? It has survived worse winters than this and due to UV lighting and modern treatments, has looked excellent for many years now. Strange it got so bad, so quickly, especially when we hardly played on it in December

I seem to be one of the few who is not overly agitated at the state of the pitch. It doesn’t look great, but given the wet weather I thought it played ok on Thursday. Mind you the previous game I had to compare it to was Darvel

I seem to be one of the few who is not overly agitated at the state of the pitch. It doesn’t look great, but given the wet weather I thought it played ok on Thursday. Mind you the previous game I had to compare it to was Darvel

I posted on another thread that it's not easy on the eye like the English pitches but the ball moves just fine as Braga and Leverkusen showed.

Without a fixture list it gives the groundsmen every opportunity to improve the pitch, no wear and tear and much more opportunity to get the UV lights out and carry out renovative work unhindered.
A bit premature and circumstantial but if a new hybrid pitch is to be laid it would give it much more time for turf roots to establish.

On 17th May the day after the normal season has ended I would instruct a contractor to relay our pitch

A new pitch takes several weeks (6-10weeks) to bed in and we cannot play games during this period

It would save the club trying to organise a fictitious trip to Japan

I didn’t think the pitch looked too bad on Thursday.

The touch line was horrendous though.

I doubt we will play at Ibrox again until August at the very earliest so I imagine the work on the pitch should be completed by then.

The Tranmere Chairman was on BBC earlier and should have seen the nick of their pitch. Large parts of it were bald. Made ours look good!

Back