Lee McCulloch

Novo05

Seen he has just posted a video on social media offering help to a youngster that was bullied, what a gentleman and role model for some fellow pros. He was a fantastic servant to our club, winning trophies and being a part of the run to Manchester. Would love to see him back at the club in a coaching capacity, thoughts?

Don't want him back, solid pro. Over stayed his Welcome which was as much Allys doing than actually his.
It was brutal to watch at the end and thought he added next to nothing developing any of the young boys around him
His coaching credentials are a failed stint at Kilmarnock. When you look at the coaching credentials of Beale and McAllister in comparison, being a Rangers man shouldn't be enough in any role

Some of the stuff the man got when he was here was ridiculous and at a time some were singing No Surrender Ian Black ffs.

He wasn't the most talented of players, but he was nowhere near shite either, with his career you can't be.

He also epitomised a Rangers captain in his conduct off the pitch, for those who have met or know him will know his love for the club and what it meant to be captain.

This doesn't surprise me one bit.

Some of the stuff the man got when he was here was ridiculous and at a time some were singing No Surrender Ian Black ffs.

He wasn't the most talented of players, but he was nowhere near shite either, with his career you can't be.

He also epitomised a Rangers captain in his conduct off the pitch, for those who have met or know him will know his love for the club and what it meant to be captain.

Exaxtly. Have you seen his interview on Si Ferry. The man was in tears when he was handed the captaincy

Yep met him once and he was an absolute gentleman and couldn’t do enough for the fans.

"Novo05, post: 2581041, member: 10673" Would love to see him back at the club in a coaching capacity, thoughts?

My thoughts are he's a good Rangers Man but only back at Ibrox as a fan or part of the match day experience as an ambassador

People say not as a coach . Just because never lasted a Kilmarock doesn’t make a bad coach. Guys like him be great with the youth , they will Know what it like 5o play for the Rangers.

Seen he has just posted a video on social media offering help to a youngster that was bullied, what a gentleman and role model for some fellow pros. He was a fantastic servant to our club, winning trophies and being a part of the run to Manchester. Would love to see him back at the club in a coaching capacity, thoughts?
Well done big man!

People say not as a coach . Just because never lasted a Kilmarock doesn’t make a bad coach. Guys like him be great with the youth , they will Know what it like 5o play for the Rangers.

I’m not one for just bringing back ex players however I’ll say this, mentally he will be able to teach the youngsters what it means to play for us, instead they have the loser and weak minded coward that is Murty filling there heads with god knows, but it won’t be a steely resilience or will to win that’s for sure.

There was an opportunity for him to come back as a coach a few years ago but that was blocked by a board member.
I think he's happy with his media work and university course at the moment.
He knocked back the chance to coach in America with Paul Dalglish as well.

A player I could never take to, very ordinary and very lucky to have ever worn the Rangers jersey. Couldn't believe the money we paid for him. Maybe if he had played in his wide left attacking position all the time I wouldn't be so down on him but the shoehorning into midfield and then centre half was terrible.

Fair play to him, he lived the dream as they say, obviously a big blue nose and decent guy. As for the coaching role it's a no for me.

Big Jig is a Rangers legend. His actions in 2012 will see his place in history assured.

And before folk start with made up nonsense, he had several offers to go elsewhere as I knew him in a work capacity at the time.

And often from the same types who are more than happy to welcome back the TUPE walkouts with open arms.

He is a lovely guy and has scored against the pigs at their sty so he has lived our dream. I have a lot of time for Jig.

A player I could never take to, very ordinary and very lucky to have ever worn the Rangers jersey. Couldn't believe the money we paid for him. Maybe if he had played in his wide left attacking position all the time I wouldn't be so down on him but the shoehorning into midfield and then centre half was terrible.

Fair play to him, he lived the dream as they say, obviously a big blue nose and decent guy. As for the coaching role it's a no for me.
We have paid a lot more and got a lot less on many occassions for players.
Where will we start?

Don't want him back, solid pro. Over stayed his Welcome which was as much Allys doing than actually his.
It was brutal to watch at the end and thought he added next to nothing developing any of the young boys around him
His coaching credentials are a failed stint at Kilmarnock. When you look at the coaching credentials of Beale and McAllister in comparison, being a Rangers man shouldn't be enough in any role
Throw in coming off at halftime losing to them in a cup semi and he's laughing away and it's spot on.

Well done to Jig for offering to help the young lad, very commendable indeed.
He was never one of my favourite players but he ‘lived the dream’ and scored some great and vital goals for us.
I was very disappointed though at his behaviour in 2013, when after being one of the first players to accept the Narsa invitation to the 2013 Convention in San Francisco, he withdrew at short notice after taking the huff because Narsa refused his request for to pay for the flights and accommodation for a brother of Jig’s. Disappointing behaviour for a Captain of Rangers!
Good luck to him though wherever he coaches/manages in the future, hopefully he’ll have a successful career!

He should’ve done a press conference saying we were a new club, then people would be screaming for him back.

I'm not surprised in the least by that gesture.
Big Jig is a Rangers man through and through and has always carried himself with dignity and decorum.
He may not have been one of our most skilful players but he never gave anything less than 100% every time he pulled on the blue jersey.
Well done Big Fella!

I’ve always liked Jig, a fine servant to the club and his only mistake was playing for a season too long but it wasn’t his fault he kept getting picked, some of the abuse he got on here from the halfwits was disgusting.

That said we can’t do sentimentality, he hasn’t shown much as a coach so far so I don’t think he should come back in a coaching capacity. He should however be welcomed back to watch from the posh seats anytime he likes.

Last edited:
Throw in coming off at halftime losing to them in a cup semi and he's laughing away and it's spot on.
Absolutely and I think this was realised at board level also. I am certain it is common knowledge Weir and Warburton were pushing for a coaching role but it was rebuffed due to supporters opinion and King wanting the shitebags punted who served up the Motherwell capitulation, unfortunately they were replaced with equally inept shitebags

Big jig has had his turn at Rangers

But credit to him for that video , well done Lee

Jig was solid. Average, but consistently average.

He was never going to look amazing in the lower leagues but he could be used nearly anywhere in Walter's team.

A very important squad player for us.

Jig was solid. Average, but consistently average.

He was never going to look amazing in the lower leagues but he could be used nearly anywhere in Walter's team.

A very important squad player for us.
Absolutely, never a star but he never pretended to be. He also managed to hold his own in the EPL and be one of Wigan’s better players in the Championship so he was far from a bad player.
Then he managed to live the dream by playing for us for years, he admitted himself he was embarrassed by the fee but that was absolutely nothing to do with him.

I mean, good on him for helping the kid, very commendable.

However how the %^*& does that qualify him to coach at us

Got a ridiculously hard time when sticking with us....
Thanks Lee and good luck

Back