Lee Wallace banner

He is in, was inducted in 2014 apparently. Why do you strongly disagree? Ricksen was a treble winning captain, I think he’s there on merit.
Treble?

I just don't think he was a good enough player for Rangers to even be slightly considered, save for one decent season in midfield.

He also caused a lot of bother with being chucked off planes, throwing chairmen into swimming pools and countless other daft things.

Not for me.

This is the apparent criteria;

1. Service to the club
2. Number of games
3. Honours won with Rangers
4. International caps won while at Rangers
5. Exceptional abilities

Lee Wallace should be inducted based on point number one.
There is also an argument he qualifies for no.5 as well from a character and moral point of view.

He absolutely should be in there.

Fair play UB but I’ve no recollection of the club issuing good luck messages to ex players who’ve retired ?
Typical hysterical nonsense and for the record I liked Big Lee, he was a good Captain And I wish him all the best.

Treble?

I just don't think he was a good enough player for Rangers to even be slightly considered, save for one decent season in midfield.

He also caused a lot of bother with being chucked off planes, throwing chairmen into swimming pools and countless other daft things.

Not for me.
2002-03 treble under McLeish. Yes he was a bit of a nutter too, which of course is why he got kicked out by PLG. Fair enough, all about opinions.

There are a few players in there with blotches on their character mate, let's not go down that road.

On ability alone, Ricksen is nowhere near good enough, neither is his medal haul or appearances.
I feel embarrassed for you if you think Wallace was a better player than Ricksen.

You are saying Ricksen was nowhere near good enough yet Wallace should be in the HoF due to his character and moral point of view. Post #55.
Yes, exactly.

And also service to the club.

I never once said Wallace was a better player than Ricksen, so please don't feel the requirement to feel embarrassed for me.

Yes, exactly.

And also service to the club.

I never once said Wallace was a better player than Ricksen, so please don't feel the requirement to feel embarrassed for me.
I still do for the fact you think Wallace should be a hall of famer in with the likes of Gough, Greig, McCoist and Jardine.

Treble?

Not for me.
Agreed.

The word legend is thrown about cheaply these days.

Good honest player who would have struggled to be a regular in any other era than what he played in.
The guy sacrificed his career both in terms of club and international football to stand by Rangers.

There aren’t many players in the last 10-15 years who deserve to be considered a legend more than Lee Wallace.

The guy sacrificed his career both in terms of club and international football to stand by Rangers.

There aren’t many players in the last 10-15 years who deserve to be considered a legend more than Lee Wallace.

It's a game of opinions. I don't believe for a second if he had a better offer he would have stayed.
I also suggest he was on a decent wage so spare us the hyperbole.

Sacrificed his career? Take a day off mate.
He couldn't lace Tav's boots on any level.

A good honest pro let's not get carried away. I have no issue with the banner but he's not a legend.

A decent player who was paid very well to stay where he was. I’m not knocking the guy but the suggestion of him being a Rangers Legend or Icon is ridiculous.

It’s also bizarre he’s held so highly after trashing the Manager and hardly playing the role of a Captain when the team was a mess. He may well have had legit criticisms to express but the way he went about it was wrong.

Even after the fact and a chance to apologise, if not for what he said/thought at least for the situation itself, he did not. Again hardy the conduct of a Captain not someone who put the Club first.

Quite honestly I found the banner a little odd but it’s their choice as Rangers fans.

We fined him four weeks wages for speaking his mind behind closed doors to Murty after the Celtic debacle. Wallace and Miller took the club to a tribunal and won their case. Dropped from the Europa League squad then ushered out.
I supported Miller and Wallace 100% in that
A disgraceful display against Celtc and we fine our own players

It's a game of opinions. I don't believe for a second if he had a better offer he would have stayed.

A good honest pro let's not get carried away. I have no issue with the banner but he's not a legend.
Like you said game of opinions.

Not for a second have I said he’d play in the team now or anything, in fact I never mentioned his playing ability once.

He could have jumped ship like many other did but he never and that says a lot about his character and he deserves credit for that.

He served us well in a dark time when he didn’t have to.

He made a career sacrifice in the worst days of the club. He wasn't an exceptional footballer, but he was exceptional at that time when the easy option was to leave regardless of circumstance.

If the HoF is based just on ability, then when's Frank deBoer and Aaron Ramsey's induction happening??
It's intangible, but Lee Wallace means a lot more to the current generations support than just stats and medals, and rightly so imo.

He made a career sacrifice in the worst days of the club. He wasn't an exceptional footballer, but he was exceptional at that time when the easy option was to leave regardless of circumstance.

If the HoF is based just on ability, then when's Frank deBoer and Aaron Ramsey's induction happening??
It's intangible, but Lee Wallace means a lot more to the current generations support than just stats and medals, and rightly so imo.

What was this career sacrifice? I'm dying to hear it. Who did he turn down?

I still do for the fact you think Wallace should be a hall of famer in with the likes of Gough, Greig, McCoist and Jardine.

The last 3 entrants to the HOF was McCulloch, Ricksen & Novo and none of them are comparable to the players you mentioned yet ultimately they are alongside them.

I do think that due to his commitment & service to the club Lee Wallace will ultimately end up in hall of fame.

The last 3 entrants to the HOF was McCulloch, Ricksen & Novo and none of them are comparable to the players you mentioned yet ultimately they are alongside them.

I do think that due to his commitment & service to the club Lee Wallace will ultimately end up in hall of fame.
All three of those have left their mark in the club's history.

All three of those won multiple trophies, two were UEFA cup finalists and Ricksen was a league winning captain who won 12 caps for the Netherlands.

Are you seriously suggesting we honour a player with a place in the HoF because he decided to stay, pick up a handsome wage for playing in the 3rd division?

Absolutely laughable.

What was this career sacrifice? I'm dying to hear it. Who did he turn down?

I worry more for the folk throwing the word sacrifice about like he was going to make more money elsewhere.

You've convinced me, he's the biggest rat of them all. At least Naismith and Whittaker had the decency to leave so we wouldn't have to pay them anything. I now see Wallace was actually being really sneaky in staying loyal to us at our lowest ebb.

I worry more for the folk throwing the word sacrifice about like he was going to make more money elsewhere.
If he matched his wage with us he still would have coined it in with a signing on fee, like Whittaker for one. You telling me he couldn’t have got a Championship club to take a punt on him in 2012?
Basically Wallace couldn’t win then, stay or go he was money grabbing either way? I’ll stand with the guy who stood with us.

All three of those have left their mark in the club's history.

All three of those won multiple trophies, two were UEFA cup finalists and Ricksen was a league winning captain who won 12 caps for the Netherlands.

Are you seriously suggesting we honour a player with a place in the HoF because he decided to stay, pick up a handsome wage for playing in the 3rd division?

Absolutely laughable.

Out of the last 3 entrants I would agree on McCulloch being in the HoF.

Though the with the description of won multiple trophies and played in a European final, you could be describing Steven Whittaker or Kirk Broadfoot. Do you believe that both of those players deserve a place in our HoF?

We have players in our HoF that are debatable and especially on what people believes constitutes entrance to it based on the apparent 5 items of criteria. It's clear that you obviously don't think that Wallace deserves a place in the HoF, whilst I & many others do think he should enter the HoF in the future and that adds to the debate of the whole HoF (as it does across many sports that have such things).

To many it's not really laughable that people think he'll be inducted in the future and the section of the induction being based on his decision to stay at the club from the 3rd division back to top league. He had his prime years (age wise) during this period and and he was already a Scottish international, yes he was handsomely paid for it however he could easily have went elsewhere and been handsomely paid too.

Like the others Lee Wallace has also left his mark in the clubs history and one of those marks left by him is that was the club captain when we regained our place back in the top division.

Was a great athletic and decent player if he had more confidence in his abilities he may have went further in the game !

You don't believe he had a better offer than the third division or Scottish football despite the fact he got an English Championship side when he left years later? Right oh.

You've convinced me, he's the biggest rat of them all. At least Naismith and Whittaker had the decency to leave so we wouldn't have to pay them anything. I now see Wallace was actually being really sneaky in staying loyal to us at our lowest ebb.

Aye that's exactly what I said, well done.

i would back that, considering where we were and where we were headed, he certainly stuck with us, probably to the detriment of his own career.
Guys like him and big Jig were so important to the fans, team and the club during the dark days in my view.
If they couldve gotten a move on same wages I doubt they would've stayed , Wallace was out quite a lot so no team was taking a chance on his injury record , McCulloch was never getting a better contract anywhere else so both TUPED over ........ not a popular opinion but I can never remember any clubs being interested in either of them

Ps , but they should be commended for staying

Last edited:
You don't believe he had a better offer than the third division or Scottish football despite the fact he got an English Championship side when he left years later? Right oh.
Yup that's right I don't believe that.

There were two offers apparently turned down for him.
Do you believe clubs were making offers with him having no awareness of the situation?

Back