Left Back vs the tims

I wouldn't assume Barisic.

He looks suspect defensively at times, especially in Villarreal. As things stand, I'd expect Gerrard would choose Flanagan or Halliday tbh.

BB is at his most effective going forward. Much like Tavernier. Cant have that on both flanks.
He has the pace to get back at players that Flanagan just doesn’t.

You also can play both as long as they don’t both overcommit at the same time. It’s about being discliplined.

Just go into Motherwell Mode and have three or four players take it in turns to blooter the wee lady's front bottom into the enclosure every chance they get. After a few decent digs the problem will be solved.

There's 10 matches between now and then. Let's not worry about Forrest until then.

Exactly mate.

You can be sure Gerrard won't be thinking about December 29th at the moment and neither should we.

%^*& Forrest the little sex pest lady's front bottom.

Hopefully come the end of December Grezda and Barisic have built up the relationship they had at Osijek and are both flying.

Give them something to worry about rather than us worrying about them

When was the last time Wallace looked clever defensively ?

Division 1 ?
Ever?

Much like Tav his best qualities were offensive although he isn't in Tav's class

As for LB on the 29th , if Barasic gets a run in December it will be him

If not its a tough call , Flannigan cant pass and Halliday will need to watch his positional play

When was the last time Wallace looked clever defensively ?

Division 1 ?
Ever?

Much like Tav his best qualities were offensive although he isn't in Tav's class

As for LB on the 29th , if Barasic gets a run in December it will be him

If not its a tough call , Flannigan cant pass and Halliday will need to watch his positional play

That's not true mate.

Watch footage of Wallace up against Forrest and you'll see Wallace always played him well.

Barisic if fit will be our left back come the 29th.

I would hope that we will be pounding them so much, that their forward line won’t be worth thinking about too much.

Bit of perspective needed. Forrest had two good games against two appalling teams. One of which was down to ten men for most of the game and the other who played a 3 at the back, suiting him down to the ground.

His crossing against Israel was abysmal at times.

Bit of perspective needed. Forrest had two good games against two appalling teams. One of which was down to ten men for most of the game and the other who played a 3 at the back, suiting him down to the ground.

His crossing against Israel was abysmal at times.

Tbf mate he absolutely destroyed the Leipzig full back a couple of weeks ago and is in decent form.

Him, McGregor, Rogic and Tierney are the 4 I wouldn't mind copping a wee "cruciate" before the 29th.

They're the 4 they can't replace.

Remember when the media was talking up McGeady as if he was the next coming of Jimmy Johnstone and Kirk Broadfoot had a handle on him everytime. I see this as a similar situation and Barisic is a far superior full back than Broadfoot was.
Alan Hutton could handle Map of Ireland faced Mcgeady don’t know about Broadfoot ?

If he's shown the outside and matched for pace he should be kept fairly quiet, that does mean using a left foot (for a left back..who'd have thought it?) as has been said earlier his crossing isn't brilliant. I think this counts out Flanagan. If allowed to cut inside, he can be a threat.

Given the form that nae neck is in, its a bit of a worry about left back given than none of them have looked that clever defensively. I really wish lee wallace was fit and available, because he would be ideal for that game
he is that much on fire he was substituted at Livingston last league game

Inside left is important as well, as The Lost Neck Monster tends to cut inside a lot - primarily because his final ball is utter pish. Rather than hit the byline, he favours heading infield through the middle, switching feet and either taking on the shot, or laying it off to Tierney / Sinclair. McGayday was a similar type of attacker, but he was a one trick pony who could easily be snuffed out of the game, simply by doubling up on him. TLNM isn't so easy to snuff out.

I would prefer to see Christie in the side rather than Brown. Christie could be easily bullied as he looks light weight

Given the form that nae neck is in, its a bit of a worry about left back given than none of them have looked that clever defensively. I really wish lee wallace was fit and available, because he would be ideal for that game
He’s playing well, only an idiot wouldn’t admit it but, we can’t be building our tactical game around James Forrest.
For me, playing Flanagan only invites the septic player forward.
Play Barisic and Forrest should be doing most of his work defending.

I dont ever remember Forrest really standing out against us. It took him until the last game of last season for him to score against us at a time when they were queuing up to score against us.

Aye hes in decent form just now but let him worry about chasing back after Barasic if he is fit by then.
Going by recent threads, maybe he isn’t as motivated as other septic players against Rangers.

If we've got Barisic and A.N.Other battering forward on the left the wee pervert won't have a chance to do any damage cause he'll have to be glued to that other wrong 'un Lustig. If we can nullify him going forward, we're absolutely laughing, cause lord knows he's absolutely atrocious in terms of tracking back. If we can stay injury free, I think we'll take them comfortably at Ibrox. There's no way either team will sit back, it'll be hell for leather from both sides from the first whistle. I can genuinely see a 5-3 scoreline or similar

Barasics left peg alone is worth 25m in today’s English market. What a player we have on our hands here, mark my words.

He is our number 1 left back.

I’ve also got massive hopes for Grezda and him linking up on the left to great effect.

I dont ever remember Forrest really standing out against us. It took him until the last game of last season for him to score against us at a time when they were queuing up to score against us.

Aye hes in decent form just now but let him worry about chasing back after Barasic if he is fit by then.
He was their best player in September.

I never want to see Halliday in that position against Forrest ever again after the skinning he got at the Piggery in April!

Can't wait for Wallace to leave so that people will stop mentioning him as an option when its clearly been agreed that he's not got a future with us.

That's not meant to come across harsh on Wallace as he's got my total respect for what he's done for the club over the years.

If Barisic isn't fit then Wallace should be getting games. For reasons that aren't transparent he appears to have been forced from the team possibly never to return.

It has never made sense to me that we let John go if we had no intention of playing Wallace. Crazy in fact and cost us in Moscow.

I would prefer to see Christie in the side rather than Brown. Christie could be easily bullied as he looks light weight
I'd rather Christie didn't play against us. He's a diving little bastard, and if he goes down in our box no doubt the ref will buy it.

Back