Left side for saturday

WalterSmith72

I know we have a game first tomorrow but I would like to think we have enough to beat thistle with our squad, but with Wallace, John doubtful and Windass probably out who do you go for ? I would put Dorrans on the left with Rossiter and Jack in the middle, not ideal but Kranjcar aint got the legs for it

Should be Dorrans. With Rossiter going in next to Jack. Dorrans is the most suitable player on our books to play left mid. It's clear Pedro knows nothing about him the way he uses him. A real shame as he has potential to be a cracking Rangers player.

Rossiter hasn't been near the 18 in recent weeks so highly doubt he'll be involved tomorrow.

With Beerman also injured Hodson is our only option at LB. I can see us switching to 3 at the back with Wilson playing on the left.

I know we have a game first tomorrow but I would like to think we have enough to beat thistle with our squad, but with Wallace, John doubtful and Windass probably out who do you go for ? I would put Dorrans on the left with Rossiter and Jack in the middle, not ideal but Kranjcar aint got the legs for it

It is ideal. It's the common sense obvious decision to make. Dorrans wide with J and R central. Kranjcar or Pena behind Buffalo.

Rossiter and Jack are good at what they do.. but having them 2 in the middle alone? My worry is the lack of creativity and pace. Dorrans has to be in there.

We no how good Tav is at going forward and he played brilliant at parkhead last season.. I would keep the same shape... Tav Right wing , Candeias left wing. Pai s me to say but Hodson RB and hopefully Wallace is fit for LB.

I would consider switching Candeias. Moving Tav forward one and putting a more defensive minded at RB.

Fu(k me, Miller on the left in front of John is a shite idea.

We'll get horsed down that side.

It pains me to say it, I'd go Hodson at LB with John in front as part of a 5 man midfield.

John and Candeias feeding Morelos.

I'd like to see Rossiter in a 3 with RJ and GD. However, push comes to shove, think we might get Holt in there instead. Keep it tight, energetic and get about Brown and Armstrong.

My fear is that Krancjar plays there, it really is. But having said that, our options aren't brilliant. Pena maybe out there? Not that I am happy with that either. Dalcio is a winger but is so far out the picture, I have more chance of playing! Realistically the way things are going, Miller is probably favourite to play out there.

Reading the posts about Miller makes me shudder but I fear it could be right, Candeias to the left and tav further up on the right with a back 3 could be a shout, could look like this

Fod
Cardoso Alves Wilson
Tav Jack Rossiter Dorrans Candeias
Pena/Miller
Morelos

If John isn't fit it'll need to be Hodson or possibly Wilson. Neither fill me with confidence, but I don't think we are in a position to be pulling too many out of position or making huge changes, so I expect Windass to keep his place. Certainly taking Dorrans out of the middle would be crazy imo.

Doesn't look like Rossiter is anywhere near ready either so I'm not even counting him at this point.

With what we have, I'd go:

...........................Wes..............
Tav Cardoso Alves Hodson/Wilson
...................Jack Dorrans.............
Candieas Windass
.................Krancjar/Pena............
....................Morelos..............

Not ideal I know, and Miller is certain to start so also very unlikely.

Pena needs to start on Tuesday imo. Give the guy a run from the start, see what he is about.

Wilson at left back with Miller in front.... :D

Frightening prospect.

Maybe the young lad from City comes in on the left ahead of John and we stick with the 4-4-2.

Tuesday will tell us everything.

Miller needs dropped though, not shifted further back to add to his current woes.

Miller will play.

If we don't attempt any variation of a 5 man midfield v Thistle, we will play 442 v the poets.

It doesn't matter if it's two men sitting, or three central midfielders with two wide players - as long as we bulk up in the middle of the park.

I actually think Pedro has a number of options he could explore - as he did on Friday - and as he does tomorrow.

As much as I don't want it I can see it being this;

----------------Fod---------------

-----Tav-Alves-Cardoso-John---

Candeias-Jack-Dorrans-Krancjar

--------Morelos---Miller--------

As much as I don't want it I can see it being this;

----------------Fod---------------

-----Tav-Alves-Cardoso-John---

Candeias-Jack-Dorrans-Krancjar

--------Morelos---Miller--------
Really hope not mate. That's a team no where mobile enough. Krancjar shouldn't be anywhere near the first 11 imo.

I agree.
Not a natural position for Dorrans but he'd cope. However we need three in central midfield too. So that would neccessitate either Pena or Holt coming in beside Jack and Rossiter,neither of whom are ideal.

In light of recent injury and "resting" confirmations I think Pedro will have us line up as follows on Saturday.

Wes
Tav Cardoso Alves John
Candeias jack Miller Dorrans Windass*
Morelos

Swap John and Windass, and bring in Lee Hodson if Windass finds himself suspended.

I'd go 3 at the back on Saturday now with wingback.

Alves, Cardoso and Danny Wilson with Tav on the right and John, Hodson or Windass on the left.

I'd go 3 / 5 at the back
Wes
Tav Cardoso Alves Wilson John
Candeias Dorrans Jack Windass*
El Buffalo

* if suspended i'd throw in Pena but we know it'll be Miller

I'd go 3 / 5 at the back
Wes
Tav Cardoso Alves Wilson John
Candeias Dorrans Jack Windass*
El Buffalo

* if suspended i'd throw in Pena but we know it'll be Miller

Swap Miller for Windass and i think that will be the lineup on Saturday.

Has to be Wilson at left back, he is the closest thing we have to an actual defender who can play there. Don't fancy Beerman or John lining up against the pikey Messi.

I appear to be in a minority of one here, but I would give Holt a game in playing in front of the left back. I would put Miller on the bench and push Windas into playing behind Morelos. Holt has a bit of pace and can also get up and down the park.

What about the young from Man City on the left?
Actually forgot about this lad and would rather throw him in the deep end vs them rather than Miller or Niko on the left but I think we'll see both Miller and Niko kinda on the left hand side. Niko will be left attacking midfield sorta role and Miller will drop so deep on that left hand side he'll effectively play himself out the game.

Somebody like Miller would be great if he focused on attack and linked up with Morelos, his experience and knack for scoring vs them would be useful.

I'd go with Nemane left wing with Hodson in behind him in a back 5

When you look at our team options in black and white, it sends a shiver.

The truth is that the 11 that take to the field on Saturday are only marginally better than last year's teams.

McKay still walks into this team and Garner would be a better partner for Merelos (if we're going 442).

When you look at our team options in black and white, it sends a shiver.

The truth is that the 11 that take to the field on Saturday are only marginally better than last year's teams.

McKay still walks into this team and Garner would be a better partner for Merelos (if we're going 442).
Wouldn't go as far as saying marginally better as there's 2 centre halves, 2 centre midfielders and a right sided midfielder been improved on. Although I will agree in saying the left hand side of the team is weaker.

I think we'll line up something like this. Had Rossiter been fit he'd have been in for Holt. May go for Pena rather than Holt or Windass. Miller may swap in for Windass.

Fod
Cardoso Alves Wilson
Tav Jack Dorrans Holt John
Windass
Morelos

Has to be Wilson at left back, he is the closest thing we have to an actual defender who can play there. Don't fancy Beerman or John lining up against the pikey Messi.

I assume this is a wind up?

You actually want to play our 3rd choice centre half in a position he's never played before, plus he's barely kicked a ball this season?

Bible may have defensive deficiencies, but at least he's been capped in that position for his country and is familiar with the role.

With Wallace out, the left side is a big concern, but Wilson at LB would be suicidal.

Wes
Tav Cardoso Alves John
Candeias Jack Barjonas Windass
Dorrans
Morelos
The left is a concern,possibly go a 3-5-2 but I don't think PC will change formation unless he trials it tonight?

With Rossiter out and Windass confirmed,I'd bring in Barjonas and play Dorran in a supporting role to Morelos,when we don't have the ball it's a 4-5-1

This thing with playing Dorrans on the left, seems a bit mental. He's not as mobile as he once was, would be suicide putting him out there.

Any two from Wilson, Hodson, Windass and John. Tempted to go John left midfield and Hodson left back, as he's better there than he is at right back.

Back