Lennon Gone, now confirmed, Kennedy Interim Manager.

Much as it’s been a hoot watching the Lurgan bigot’s demise, I’m delighted this ‘blight’ ;)on the Scottish game has gone.

A horrible, bitter little runt.

Good riddance.

You would have to be a desperate basket case to take this job on. If the application has a wee appendix saying

There's not much cash left
You have to downsize immediately
All your loanees are going home
You need to build a whole new structure
Europe looks bleak
Many of the players want to leave
Big child abuse case on the horizon
Hope you like Rugby

Most appealing

Not a chance it will be Clarke. The Scotland job suits him and he generally wants to be out of the limelight.
Agreed. He wouldn't be leaving the Scotland job until after the Euros either if they went for him. They're probably going to need at least a dozen new players so they'll want someone in as soon as possible

Does this mean that he's not been paid off? Gees walked for free?
They would have came to an agreement, Bigot was due 1m if sacked, nothing if he walked, he wasnt going anywhere, they would have been a payment somewhere in the middle, now we will get "I left for the good of my club". "my health". "Death threats", Rhatt left a s(t)inking ship.

One of the benefits of having a corrupt billionaire owner is that they can get him to fund people outwith their normal budget like Rodgers. It wouldn’t surprise me if they do go for someone genuinely impressive with Desmond paying it out of his own pocket.

The thing is, Celtic are easy to improve. Lennon was a total dinosaur when it came to fitness and sport science etc. It doesn’t take a Guardiola to remedy that.

People on here are already talking about getting CL money and burying Celtic for years etc etc. If only football was that logical. We have our own vulnerabilities (ageing squad, what if Gerrard goes, financial losses from Covid).

After the last decade I will never, ever take success for granted again. This title will be cherished. But next season will be a huge challenge. It must be.

Even if it was just for this season it will never ever be forgotten.

The only thing missing is us pumping them 4 or 5 0
Aye this season has destroyed them for sure. I'd expect to see them have at least a 30 to 40 % drop in season ticket renewals. Loyalty is a word they don't know. When Lennon got abuse years ago they went out they're way to support him and now look at them, they actually hate him. In a plus point though some barrier supplier is going to make a killing ring fencing Parkhead in a few weeks

Well I think your first steps in the job will have to be releasing Ajer, McGregor and Edouard on a free.

Barkas given the captains armband.

3 year extension for Brown. Griffiths giving the number 9 and guaranteed to start no matter his physical condition.

Can’t wait.

I'd be surprised if the beasts didn't ry to bring O'Neil in - Michael that is. He's proved himself a capable manager with NI and now with Stoke. Plus, he's the right ethnicity - they seem to prefer RC's from NI - also, the cost of springing him from Stoke wouldn't be prohibitive.
For what it's worth I've family in stoke, season ticket holders, and one of them plays fives with a boy who works at the training ground and told him in Dec word was O Neil had been sounded out and he said not til the end of the season. But hey who knows?

One of the benefits of having a corrupt billionaire owner is that they can get him to fund people outwith their normal budget like Rodgers. It wouldn’t surprise me if they do go for someone genuinely impressive with Desmond paying it out of his own pocket.
unless Desmond actually feels something towards the club other than trying to make money out of it, then he should just bugger off and leave them to wallow in their debt to him and their bank debt

the fans haven't exactly been welcoming towards him in the last few months, despite all the success, all the money he's put in

Agreed. He wouldn't be leaving the Scotland job until after the Euros either if they went for him. They're probably going to need at least a dozen new players so they'll want someone in as soon as possible

Agreed - the point behind Lennon going now is that presumably they have someone in mind. Given the way Celtic have went around things this year that may be wide of the mark!

Listening to SSN there Stubbs said that we were handed the league on a plate due to all the goings on(how many games have we lost and how well have we performed) Lennon let down by players etc.I dont remember people feeling sorry for Pedro,Le Guen when they had to go.Sorry but Lennon,his general Coco the clown Brown,Griffiths and other players at Celtic plus Lawwell with their behaviour towards us as a club and supporters deserve everything they got lets hope we can push on and win several titles,cups in succession now.We will now need to listen to the drivel that Lennon was a victim in all this on top of the super duper managers and players they will be getting.Nope I am loving every bit of their demise I wonder if Lennon will elaborate now on the other factors behind their collapse but no doubt he will have signed a non disclosure of some sort about the goings on.

I suspect they will already have sorted someone. I would not be surprised if Martinez has not already been contacted. Desmond has got the money to pay him. Martinez wife is Scottish, Maloney is one of his coaches and Martinez probably feels it a chance for him to win silverware , without the pressure of 10in a row . Although my own preference would be John Barnes

Wasn't he a shambles at Everton?

unless Desmond actually feels something towards the club other than trying to make money out of it, then he should just bugger off and leave them to wallow in their debt to him and their bank debt

the fans haven't exactly been welcoming towards him in the last few months, despite all the success, all the money he's put in
True, he only seems to like Celtic and/or football if it involves Irishness. If Rodgers had been English or whatever, would he have been appointed? I doubt it.

It seems being ‘Celtic-minded’ (ugh) is the primary consideration for DD.

the biggest pain about this other than them losing a poor manager is trying to figure out which TV pundit job he'll land?

a crap manager trying to tell people how to set up a team and then criticising managers that are much better than he is :rolleyes:

65-FE66-F7-4-A9-D-41-A6-9163-C4-F413186-B91.png

It's gonna be Steve Clarke isn't it? Stick on after the euros . He's a no mark that has a hard on for Ryan Christie who is their weakest link. They're gonna go from bad to worse while we go from strength to strength

I have heard Larsson with Kennedy as DoF!! Martinez. Clarke. And even Roy Keane!!!
bring any of them on. Gerrard will relish the challenge from any of them. The tables have turned and they will need to spend big after all the players jump ship. The inflated values they have been getting for players has suddenly dissapeared and players will be forcing moves. They will also want to cut the wage bill. happy days

Would it not be a new recruitment team though or the manager bringing in his own players, rather than relying on recommendations from the staff already there?
Even so they would still be starting from scratch, targeting players etc... Their process needed to have been started months ago, not when the new people arrive on July 1st or whenever that is.

Where they finding £40M, be lucky if they can cobble together £4M for new players.
If they sell Eduard, Christie and Ajer they would have round about that to back the new manager. Whether they spend that is a different thing.

Why is Kennedy taking over this time and not worzel gummidge?
Worzel and his wee iPad done a fantastic job last time with limited resources.
In all seriousness I think long term it will be Steve Clarke, one detestable bheast basturt out to be replaced by another .

If they sell Eduard, Christie and Ajer they would have round about that to back the new manager. Whether they spend that is a different thing.
Christie going to a rugby club then? no team is spending millions on him :D

Ajer as well, it's not Football Manager and he's been ragdolled many times by Morelos who they "claim" isn't worth a lot, yet Ajer is £20m or something. Edouard probably will get them the highest amount, simply because the refs don't discipline him and Sportscene looks the other way

The parallels with Murty’s second stint are frightening - two OF games in close proximity, caretaker manager, no defence to speak of. Plus they’ll have a number of players not giving a shit as an injury could consign them to another year of that place. We really should be looking at two beastings here. Then our karmic revenge will be truly complete.

Without a doubt that would have been part of the decision being made at this time.

"Fu.ck that im outta here."

Its just glorious how much the wheels have fell off during their "going for the ten" season.
The assumption it would be a procession to the league title this season turned out to be right... just not for them.

the reality is once he realised they weren’t going to sack him (entitling him to his bonus for winning the league CL qualification etc. as these would be due until it was arithmetically impossible but he knew he wouldn’t get if he stayed anyway) he’s taken the hit of 4 months pay in order to save face as I’m sure his contract is up in July anyway.

The assumption it would be a procession to the league title this season turned out to be right... just not for them.

the reality is once he realised they weren’t going to sack him (entitling him to his bonus for winning the league CL qualification etc. as these would be due until it was arithmetically impossible but he knew he wouldn’t get if he stayed anyway) he’s taken the hit of 4 months pay in order to save face as I’m sure his contract is up in July anyway.
Their managers always have "12-month rolling contracts".

Every single day they are 12 months from the end of their contract.

If they fired him then they would have to pay him 12 months of salary and any bonuses he could have received.

They will have put pressure on him to forego the salary and bonuses by resigning rather than being fired.

The parallels with Murty’s second stint are frightening - two OF games in close proximity, caretaker manager, no defence to speak of. Plus they’ll have a number of players not giving a shit as an injury could consign them to another year of that place. We really should be looking at two beastings here. Then our karmic revenge will be truly complete.
Agree.

Gerrard v Kennedy could be a massacre.

A wee bonus is he is no longer classed as elite sports and will have to hang about until restrictions are lifted. Only allowed to travel within his local authority.

He will still be here watching and listening to our fireworks

Back