Lennon hints at yahoo wage cuts

Could it be that we might be just about getting by because of The Europa League run?

Maybe I've turned the blue tinted specs up to 55, maybe we’re going to be okay.

That will have an effect on the smaller impact of this season grinding to a halt. But it's next season that is the real issue. Clubs budget for ST money, cup games at the start of the season, TV money, European games. Evem strip launches will be affected. All that is up in the air and nearly all the money clubs count on mid to late summer is currently in doubt.

Sensible post but I doubt we are in dialogue with the players yet or it would be all over the press. The way it is working at other clubs is agents immediately leak any discussions.
I am sure the board will have developed their plan and are waiting for the right timing to implement it.

Aye, we're not very good at keeping things under wraps at the best of times.:rolleyes: Players should be busy via their infamous WhatsApp group discussing what they would all - or mostly - agree on and then putting it to the Club. Whats the chances though? Slim to none?

They would’ve had a big loss were it not for the Dembele 20m & Rodgers 8m from Leicester.

They need CL or a big player sale every year to make money mate.

Yes but this is their entire business model now. It's what Ajax, Porto, Sporting have done succesfully for years. It's about us and them realising our place in the game is not what it once was because we are hampered by Scottish football. If they sell one asset per year it makes up for the shortfall of no Champions League and if they get CL they are laughing that year.

This needs to be our aim too. I think maybe to get it up and running without a long wait for success we need to get one season in the Champions League. Just one. Coefficient points earned this season are more important than ever with regards to that 2nd CL spot.

Yes but this is their entire business model now. It's what Ajax, Porto, Sporting have done succesfully for years. It's about us and them realising our place in the game is not what it once was because we are hampered by Scottish football. If they sell one asset per year it makes up for the shortfall of no Champions League and if they get CL they are laughing that year.

This needs to be our aim too. I think maybe to get it up and running without a long wait for success we need to get one season in the Champions League. Just one. Coefficient points earned this season are more important than ever with regards to that 2nd CL spot.

Don’t disagree it’s their strategy Leanne, but it’s a strategy with genuine risk.

I get all the laughing at other teams, sheep etc, how ever I don’t believe for a minute we are anywhere near safe from all this.

No one is saying we are.

What is being pointed out is the filth with all their millions in the war chest are not as financially stable as their acolytes and minions in the press would have us believe.

Not quite sure why everyone is piling in on Tommy.

He's not saying that their board will give them cash to avoid paycuts while every other club is going to be offering paycuts. Unless there is a remarkable turnaround then every club in the top league in Scotland will be applying pay cuts.

He's saying that the tims are better placed financially to deal with this situation than we are. And that's just a fact, and it's also in part to having not just one but two really wealthy people on the board who will look to protect their investments. Desmond isn't even the wealthiest iirc there's another guy who's wealth eclipses his but can't remember his name.
Seems to me Tommy is an eye away from Timmy.

When football finally gets back on the rails,I’m hoping that the “powers that be” see it as the ideal time to install some sort of
“wage cap” into the game in Scotland.

60 million a year? seriously? how is that sustainable in this country.is ours anywhere near that?

That can't be the basic wages - that must include win bonuses, CL qualification bonuses, etc. Even then - if the majority of that is the 1st team - say 50 million across a 25 man squad, back of a fag packet numbers I admin but that is 2.5 million each... seems a bit hefty!

Could it be that we might be just about getting by because of The Europa League run?

Maybe I've turned the blue tinted specs up to 55, maybe we’re going to be okay.

I'd hope our players are on incentivized contracts so when there is no games, their basic wages wouldn't cripple us.

That can't be the basic wages - that must include win bonuses, CL qualification bonuses, etc. Even then - if the majority of that is the 1st team - say 50 million across a 25 man squad, back of a fag packet numbers I admin but that is 2.5 million each... seems a bit hefty!

The exact total was £56.1m for their whole workforce, which will include staff mate. Down a few million from the previous year.

Hope they die.
ptOLvSR.gif

To all the people suggesting we try to hold firm on our wages as some sort of GIRUY to them needs to consider that we're still going to need a budget to strengthen the team for whenever next season actually takes place. No point in them potentially saving in wages whilst we burn through money to try and prove an infantile point

Back