Looking at Peru Manager Ricardo Gareca

I've always liked watching Gareca's teams play. He usually employs a fluid, passing game which isn't totally gung-ho. Unlikely, he'll now get a really big job, but it was a real achievement getting Peru to the World Cup. With Guerrero available they have a decent chance of getting second in their group.

Article looking at Gareca:

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club...built-on-coach-ricardo-garecas-personal-touch
That’s some record at Sarsfield. Was he never in the running to be the national team manger after that?

I've always liked watching Gareca's teams play. He usually employs a fluid, passing game which isn't totally gung-ho. Unlikely, he'll now get a really big job, but it was a real achievement getting Peru to the World Cup. With Guerrero available they have a decent chance of getting second in their group.

Article looking at Gareca:

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club...built-on-coach-ricardo-garecas-personal-touch
Hes done really well with Peru.

Hes the man the Chileans want to manage Chile.

That’s some record at Sarsfield. Was he never in the running to be the national team manger after that?

Don't think so. Despite what it says in the article he's supposed to be a bit of dick when comes to getting on with people at the top. And with Argentina having an abundance of coaches (they have them most managers at Russia) it was easy to bypass him.

Don't think so. Despite what it says in the article he's supposed to be a bit of dick when comes to getting on with people at the top. And with Argentina having an abundance of coaches (they have them most managers at Russia) it was easy to bypass him.
I see. They do certainly produce great coaches.

Yes, but with Chile now a lot of managers are rumoured to be turning it down as the big stars have retired from international football.

I can understand that, but for Gareca I still think it would be a step up (from Peru). Ultimately, it may depend on how Peru do and what other options he gets.

Perú aren't a good team by any stretch of the imagination. They were awful against Scotland, and during qualifying. As I said in another thread, they benefited due to other countries, namely Ecuador and Chile, being in transitional periods.

His Velez team were good to watch. They were easy on the eye, but could be physical. They had some really good players - JMM, Maxi Morales, Tanque Silva and the left winger, who's name escapes me for now, Ricky something (went to Inter)

Edit: Ricky Alvarez I think it was?

His Velez team were good to watch. They were easy on the eye, but could be physical. They had some really good players - JMM, Maxi Morales, Tanque Silva and the left winger, who's name escapes me for now, Ricky something (went to Inter)

Edit: Ricky Alvarez I think it was?

Alvarez was certainly there during Gareca's tenure.

Back