Lowry skill against Tav

Usual Tav bashing crowd showing up for yet another crack I see. No matter how much you bore on, it is down to the manager to determine who plays the position. And for the last 5 or 6 years, that has been Tav.

There are quite a few other players that should be scrutinised more but I suspect certain posters on here get their kicks from taking part in a fenzied Tav bash whenever they can.

That was lovely, Beale sounded impressed too. I really hope Lowry gets the chance to push on and offer our attack a bit of guile for the rest of the season now.

Brilliant piece of skill from Lowry and exactly the kind of flair that we've been missing at times this season. The fact that he spent his break doing extra training in Dubai will have helped him regain sharpness after his spell out, reflects well on his attitude too and will have undoubtedly impressed the coaches.

Defensively isn't Tav's biggest strength admittedly, but when he's at his best we can forgive that because he offers so much more.

Looking forward to Beale getting Tav fighting fit and marauding again soon, bursting into the box and finishing chances instead of these pointless, non stop crosses into nobody.

I'm sure his reduced impact has been somewhat by instruction and also due to the horseshow tactics and turning back rather than lots of bursting runs forward breaking the lines.

He's been playing with the handbrake on all season, time to get him back playing as he should.

We've seen clips already of that dynamic bursting runs and one touch passing in the early training videos, plenty more to come. I'm looking forward to enjoying watching us play again.

Last edited:
Lowry would kill for Tav's level of skill.

A full back who was top scorer in the Europa last season, as well as being selected for the team of the tournament, in comparison to a youth player with good potential, but still often struggles against part time journeymen in B team games.

A slight mismatch in football skill levels.
Away you go Lowry is far more skilful a player than tav he was good last year granted but that’s last year and even last year he still couldn’t defend and hes be atrocious all season you can’t live on past glories

Looking forward to Beale getting Tav fighting fit and marauding again soon, bursting into the box and finishing chances instead of these pointless, non stop crosses into nobody.

I'm sure his reduced impact has been somewhat by instruction and also due to the horseshow tactics and turning back rather than lots of bursting runs forward breaking the lines.

He's been playing with the handbrake on all season, time to get him back playing as he should.

We've seen clips already of that dynamic bursting runs and one touch passing in the early training videos, plenty more to come. I'm looking forward to enjoying watching us play again.

If there is one thing I'm excited about Beale coming back, it's getting the best out of Tav and Borna again by asking them to play high up the pitch and giving them the freedom to do so.

Neither have been great this season, but equally haven't been helped by Gio's system.

Away you go Lowry is far more skilful a player than tav he was good last year granted but that’s last year and even last year he still couldn’t defend and hes be atrocious all season you can’t live on past glories

No bother mate.

A 19 year old who blows hot and cold against 5th division part timers, or the top right back in last season's Europa League who scored crucial goals against Dortmund, Red Bull and Braga?

He also has the 2nd most assists in the league this season and is currently our 2nd top scorer, despite being apparently shite this season.

Lowry has been miles away from being a first team regular this season, despite two of his main rivals for the attacking mid position (Hagi and Lawrence) being injured.
He'll be even further away from a start, when they're fit.

It always seems to be the one's who don't watch the B team games that think he's the next Barry Ferguson, while those that do watch them see a player with great potential, but still a good bit short of our 1st team level.

The same thing happened with Leon King too and look how that has worked out.

I'm looking forward to see how the gaffer works with young Lowry.
I'm hoping he can improve greatly and press for a 1st team start every week.

Tav and Barasic are both not the best defensively but they offer so much going forward.

That's the trade-off.
Not this season they haven't ,not one of them if Yilmaz was fit I would have him in the team asap as for Tav we don't have a ready replacement but for our sake the quicker we get one the better.

Yes, that didn't help but he also came back for Pre-Season in bad shape as well.
Take your point , he's a young kid and will maybe have slips here and there, sure if he came back from close season unfit he will have been told it's not acceptable and learn from it.

His talent will shine through in the end, I'm pretty sure of that.

Take your point , he's a young kid and will maybe have slips here and there, sure if he came back from close season unfit he will have been told it's not acceptable and learn from it.

His talent will shine through in the end, I'm pretty sure of that.
I think the idea was do give him games right away this season but he enjoyed his break too much.

Started scoring in the B team again and has gone away on this break to a training camp so will give him a chance I think.

No bother mate.

A 19 year old who blows hot and cold against 5th division part timers, or the top right back in last season's Europa League who scored crucial goals against Dortmund, Red Bull and Braga?

He also has the 2nd most assists in the league this season and is currently our 2nd top scorer, despite being apparently shite this season.

Lowry has been miles away from being a first team regular this season, despite two of his main rivals for the attacking mid position (Hagi and Lawrence) being injured.
He'll be even further away from a start, when they're fit.

It always seems to be the one's who don't watch the B team games that think he's the next Barry Ferguson, while those that do watch them see a player with great potential, but still a good bit short of our 1st team level.

The same thing happened with Leon King too and look how that has worked out.
i have eyes Lowry needs a chance and he’s young but you can sugar coat all you like 2nd top assist and scorer but that’s not a high bar this season if you think tavs beeb good this season you need to give yourse a shake

i have eyes Lowry needs a chance and he’s young but you can sugar coat all you like 2nd top assist and scorer but that’s not a high bar this season if you think tavs beeb good this season you need to give yourse a shake

I don't think Tav's been at his best, but as a footballer, he's on a different level ability wise to where Lowry currently is in his career.

In a couple of year's time the situation could be completely different.

I don't think Tav's been at his best, but as a footballer, he's on a different level ability wise to where Lowry currently is in his career.

In a couple of year's time the situation could be completely different.
Agree to disagree not a tav hater 55season and last season brilliant but think Lowry is technically better both different positions for both players I hope with Beale tav can get back to those heights nothing would make me happier but we can’t succeed with saying they did this

Haven't read every post, but has anyone named the player who would have defended that bit of skill?
There's no defence against it, unless you boot the guy up in the air. I never read the comments that were deleted but obviously people were slagging Tav for being done by a flick playing piggy in the middle? Tragic.

Agree to disagree not a tav hater 55season and last season brilliant but think Lowry is technically better both different positions for both players I hope with Beale tav can get back to those heights nothing would make me happier but we can’t succeed with saying they did this

We see things differently mate.

Not a problem.

Hope Lowry can get into the team under Beale and really show us what he can do. It was never going to happen with Gio - who it was down to who knows but Lowry is a very exciting player.
I’d play him in Kent’s position for the rest of the season which would suit two tens way of playing

Kent can go in January

Lovely skill by the young man. He is so confident on the ball it's great to see. Im really looking forward to seeing much more of him.

Back