Official Malik Tillman has signed

Ronseal.

RANGERS Football Club are today delighted to announce the signing of Malik Tillman on a season-long loan from Bayern Munich, with an exclusive option to buy.

The 20-year-old attacking midfielder becomes Rangers’ fifth signing of the summer transfer window.

Tillman joined Bayern in 2015 and has represented them at every youth level, breaking his way into the first-team last season with appearances in the UEFA Champions League and Bundesliga.

He has represented Germany and the USA at youth level playing up to U21 with Germany, before making the decision to commit to the United States this summer. He made his debut for the senior team in June in a friendly against Morocco.

Speaking on signing for Rangers, he said: “I am really excited to sign for Rangers and I’m looking forward to getting started.

“It is a new challenge for me at a huge club with fantastic supporters and I can’t wait for the season ahead.”

Manager Giovanni van Bronckhorst added: “I am very pleased to welcome Malik to our squad ahead of the 2022/23 season. He is an exciting young talent who will further add to our attacking options and myself and the coaching staff are looking forward to working with him.”

Sporting Director, Ross Wilson, commented: “We are pleased that amongst his many options Malik has chosen to become a Rangers player. He’s a talented young man, one that we have been working on for a number of weeks. Not only are we pleased to welcome Malik for the season ahead we have also secured an exclusive option to buy with Bayern Munich. We thank Bayern for their cooperation across all of our discussions.”

Storm Malik is coming to Glasgow again :)

I’ve been pleased with the signings so far, but this one steps it up a lot for me.
A young attacking midfielder to back up Morelos or Colack is exactly what we need.

Tillman will be a star for us.

I’ve been pleased with the signings so far, but this one steps it up a lot for me.
A young attacking midfielder to back up Morelos or Colack is exactly what we need.

Tillman will be a star for us.
Should it be a concern that he has already had a year out of football with an ACL injury?

Nah mate. I've got it. Tea for the Tillerman by Cat Stevens...

Watch passes from the Tillman
Goals from the Buff
Tackles from big Goldson who from England did come
Ibrox sing your hearts away
'Cause while the others chase, the people play
Oh Gio, how they play and play
For Davie Vos and for big Roy Makaay!
Love the song, probably too old for the Ibrox punters,
Oh Lord, how to they play and play.

Interesting signing, looking forward to seeing him.

Good wee interview on RR -
(His brother is a Tim it seems :D )

Should it be a concern that he has already had a year out of football with an ACL injury?
Rewind the clock back 25 years then yes... advanced surgical techniques and procedures nowadays mean ACL ain't the career threatening injury it once was, I must admit I did share your concern when I read about it today. I'm almost certain Bayern would've given the best medical care and attention to fully recover, the fact they have installed a clause to buy him back should we take the option to buy him after his loan shows no concern on Bayerns part.

Excited by this, It sounds like this boy can handle himself, which is good for the SPL

Last edited:
“The tradition of U.S. men’s national team players suiting up for Rangers continues.”

It sure does and long may it continue.

Last edited:
Have a look on kerrydale street they will know, they will also know his carbon footprint.
No shit, obsessed fucks! We are moving forward tho they are stagnating with the same as last year and paying well over the odds which is even more satisfying. We will win the league next year, If I'm proved wrong I will be donating to the shark in the park(head) fund and I'll make myself do 55 hail Mary's while sucking myself off to a picture of Paul McStay. Game On!!!!

Im no fan of loans or even loans to buy but this lad sounds an exciting prospect and I like seeing Rangers strike deals with powerhouse clubs like Bayern Munich.

If, as stated, they have some sort of buy-back in any perm signing we make that is evidence they rate him.

Im no fan of loans or even loans to buy but this lad sounds an exciting prospect and I like seeing Rangers strike deals with powerhouse clubs like Bayern Munich.

If, as stated, they have some sort of buy-back in any perm signing we make that is evidence they rate him.
Why are you not a fan of loan to buy?

Why are you not a fan of loan to buy?
I dislike the lack of certainty from the buying perspective, try before you buy shouldnt really apply to Professional Sports.

I also think that often players who move on a loan of any kind are less than committed to their new club as they dont expect to be there beyond the loan agreement.

Obvs it differs player to player, I just prefer Rangers to be using players who are our own and there for the foreseeable future.

I dislike the lack of certainty from the buying perspective, try before you buy shouldnt really apply to Professional Sports.

I also think that often players who move on a loan of any kind are less than committed to their new club as they dont expect to be there beyond the loan agreement.

Obvs it differs player to player, I just prefer Rangers to be using players who are our own and there for the foreseeable future.
If you're spending multi-millions on a player, try before you buy should absolutely apply to Professional Sports.

Will be really interested to see where Gio sees him fitting. I’d imagine he’s part of the no.10 rotation and a striker option as well.

No shit, obsessed fucks! We are moving forward tho they are stagnating with the same as last year and paying well over the odds which is even more satisfying. We will win the league next year, If I'm proved wrong I will be donating to the shark in the park(head) fund and I'll make myself do 55 hail Mary's while sucking myself off to a picture of Paul McStay. Game On!!!!

sniff sniff

Can say what you like about Ross Wilson but he knows how to play the game.

We thank Bayern for their cooperation across all of our discussions.

Not sure if I’ve just missed it but has the option to buy price been revealed? Know we will need to see how he gets on first but interested to know what the fee would be.

Rewind the clock back 25 years then yes... advanced surgical techniques and procedures nowadays mean ACL ain't the career threatening injury it once was, I must admit I did share your concern when I read about it today. I'm almost certain Bayern would've given the best medical care and attention to fully recover, the fact they have installed a clause to buy him back should we take the option to buy him after his loan shows no concern on Bayerns part.
What is this? Sounds a bit mental but I've seen it a few times.

If it's a flat out buyback doesn't that effectively just make this a 2 year loan?

Unless it's a first refusal type of thing?

Yeeeee-ha!

I've even created a brilliant song

It goes like this

"We love you Tillman, we do
We love you Tillman we do
We love you Tillman, we do
Oh, Tillman we love you"

But I'm not sure what tune to put it to

Cracking signing though, very excited by this.
New song idea
“Give is a T -T
Give us a I - I
Give us L -L
Give us another L -L
Give us a M -M
Give us a E -E
Give us a N -N
This is what we’d have if we signed his brother as well”

Last edited:
Back