Manuel Lanzini out of the world cup

Boab4

Done his ligaments in training, out for 6 months.

That must be horrible for any player this close to the tournament starting.

Not good news for a squad already totally over reliant on Messi.

Was listening to the Total Football WC preview this morning and their boy in Argentina said the public are expecting no more than second round or quarters, that absolutely scudding Spain gave them has done a lot of damage.

Should have been taking Luataro Martinez anyway.

Different positions.

I would have said Centurion as a replacement (and they are slightly different players) but he got rushed to hospital with appendicitis.

Edit: I would have taken Martinez instead of Higuain.

Last edited:
Icardi's actions pissed off loads of people in Argentina. Messi and others don't want him in the squad.

To me this highlights the attitudes a lot of Argies have for women. What did Lopez expect his wife to do? He has kids and he was shagging around. Ok, not nice that she's now with Icardi, but the reaction from the others is a joke.

Opens up an opportunity for Pavon, who may have been pushing for a starting spot anyway.

Angel Correa or even Lamela as a surprise call up?

Opens up an opportunity for Pavon, who may have been pushing for a starting spot anyway.

Angel Correa or even Lamela as a surprise call up?

Pavon for Di Maria, if I was manager. I think they see Pavon as an impact sub, though.

Lamela is a good shout.

Different positions.

I would have said Centurion as a replacement (and they are slightly different players) but he got rushed to hospital with appendicitis.

Edit: I would have taken Martinez instead of Higuain.
What kind of player have Inter signed mate?

They have a pretty decent strike rate when it comes to Argies!

I think the Icardi situation has been blown out of proportion.

Yes he's a good striker and is on form, but I can't see him starting over Aguero or Higuain, or perhaps even Dybala. So why bring a guy who is a disruptive influence just to be 3rd or 4th choice striker?

What kind of player have Inter signed mate?

They have a pretty decent strike rate when it comes to Argies!

He's an excellent, mobile striker. He has good technique, can play with his back to goal and with the play in front of him, has skill and is decent in the air. Yes, there is definitely room for improvement, but he can be a player (with game time against the best).

He's an excellent, mobile striker. He has good technique, can play with his back to goal and with the play in front of him, has skill and is decent in the air. Yes, there is definitely room for improvement, but he can be a player (with game time against the best).

Looks a different class there (but don't they all :D)

Cheers mate

I think the Icardi situation has been blown out of proportion.

Yes he's a good striker and is on form, but I can't see him starting over Aguero or Higuain, or perhaps even Dybala. So why bring a guy who is a disruptive influence just to be 3rd or 4th choice striker?

Because Agüero and Higuain have been garbage for Argentina! Someone else deserves a chance now.

The names being quoted as a possible replacement are: Leandro Paredes, Enzo Pérez, Pablo Pérez, Guido Pizarro, Diego Perotti, Erik Lamela & Matías Kranevitte. Apparently Perez and Perotti are the favoured options, but I'm assuming a lot of this guesswork.

Both were in the preliminary WC Squad.

I still think Perotti is a better fit.

Apparently the player doesn't have to come from the original 35 (could be wrong about this), but it is probably more likely.

Haven't seen much of Perotti lately so can't really say about him. Perez has been in poor form for River.

The names being quoted as a possible replacement are: Leandro Paredes, Enzo Pérez, Pablo Pérez, Guido Pizarro, Diego Perotti, Erik Lamela & Matías Kranevitte. Apparently Perez and Perotti are the favoured options, but I'm assuming a lot of this guesswork.
would be Paredes for me...

would be Paredes for me...

There's a lot of hype about Paredes but whenever I've seen him (two games against the Tims and for Argentina - small sample size) he's been poor.

If it had been up to me I would have left Mascherano out the squad and taken Ascacibar because the midfield is crying out for players with decent engines.

River's Enzo Perez has been called up as Lanzini's repcement. He's been in poor form this year, but I'm assuming they are going for his experience - another player who lacks legs (imo).

Boca and Colombia full-back, Frank Fabra, has been ruled out the World Cup after tearing his ACL. He was a transfer target for Everton and Napoli so any potential transfer wont be happening either.

Back