McCrorie to leave following McGregor’s new deal

So we lose an up and coming young player for one who'll last a year at best.... Doesn't seem like a good operating model to me.

Ultimately, so f.uck.

We are Rangers, we will recruit the next Goalkeeper and so on and so fourth.

If McGregor is #2, we go with it.

Surely we try and loan him out to another SPFL club or english championship as first route.

If mcgregor left id expect us to bring another keeper in anyway so his route might have been blocked either way, maybe we don’t rate him as a furture number 1 and he doenst want to play back up, 3rd choice as a career.

McCrorie will go on to cost us points next season with good performances while McGregor costs us points.

Fantastic

Where is the forward planning here. Really disagree with him leaving and a v40 year old keeper getting another contract.
I want all our young players to be given more chances, it’s a huge part of the management teams responsibility.

Won’t believe it till its official, just looks like another rag trying to make headlines with a random photo of Gio as if he’s to blame. Gio has given youth more chances than his predecessor, I highly doubt he wants to lose McRorie - unless he’s seen something we all haven’t.

Won’t believe it till its official, just looks like another rag trying to make headlines with a random photo of Gio as if he’s to blame. Gio has given youth more chances than his predecessor, I highly doubt he wants to lose McRorie - unless he’s seen something we all haven’t.

Or maybe McCrorie isn’t as good as some make him out to be?

Is it possible the mcgregor new deal came as a result of them knowing Mccrorie was planning to leave for first team football and we needed to keep a gk?

Joke from the club.

Mcrorie may or may not have went on to do well for us but we should have rolled that dice instead of re signing a 40 year old who'll cost us points and possibly the league again.

There's a horrible mentality towards our youth.

Arfield getting an unwarranted extension at the expense of young Lowry who looks a great wee player is just one example.

The old guard always come out on top when it comes to building a squad.
At the expense of Lowry... Wtf are you on about?

None of us know the conversations between club and player but IF Robby decides his future lies elsewhere then good luck to him. Not sure it's that big a deal.

mcgregor clearly thought he was finished after the scottish cup final. He should have been thanked publicly for his amazing service and let go regardless about mccrorie

Perhaps McCrorie had already told the club of his intention to move on & that is why the club moved to secure McGregor for one more year?

For those writing McCrorie off, a certain young Allan McGregor didn't start to make a name for himself until returning from a somewhat uninspiring loan at Dunfermline.

He was 24 years of age at that time iirc, same as McCrorie is now.
Goalkeepers tend to take a while to mature usually.

What's it got to do with Wilson when it's Gio making the decisions given he's the manager? If we had brought another keeper in that everybody wanted that isn't called Mcgregor then they wouldn't have an issue with McCrorie wanting to leave to play football. He's went a full season only playing 2 games he needs to get out and get that spell from Livingston behind him and kick on.
I’m assuming know little about the Director of Footballs’ role, do you? It’s him that deals with contract renewals and the strategy for offering extensions etc. It is my view and that of many others that he’s allowed too many players to run down their contracts to the last year and beyond. The contract length is intrinsic to their value!

The manager gets to decide who he plays within the squad he has, DOF ultimately holds the key to who is in the squad based on budgets and player trading.

I’m assuming know little about the Director of Footballs’ role, do you? It’s him that deals with contract renewals and the strategy for offering extensions etc. It is my view and that of many others that he’s allowed too many players to run down their contracts to the last year and beyond. The contract length is intrinsic to their value!

The manager gets to decide who he plays within the squad he has, DOF ultimately holds the key to who is in the squad based on budgets and player trading.

Gio wanted to keep Mcgregor so clearly went to Wilson and said get him on a new deal please and its been done. Its Gio's decision more than Wilson yet Wilson is the one people go after its strange.

If we had already signed a new keeper up would you have had an issue with the McCrorie story?

This thread is embarrassing, a journalist types a story with absolutely nothing of substance other than “we understand” and the majority on here are cracking up. Let’s see what happens before taking it as gospel!

Gio wanted to keep Mcgregor so clearly went to Wilson and said get him on a new deal please and its been done. Its Gio's decision more than Wilson yet Wilson is the one people go after its strange.

If we had already signed a new keeper up would you have had an issue with the McCrorie story?
You’ve just attempted to pass your belief on this matter as fact! There is a difference between the two!!!

Or you can say it...we kept around a guy that led us to the Europa League Championship game for 1 more season and we could lose a 3rd team keeper who was the #2 at Livingston.
Exactly. Maybe, just maybe, McCrorie hasn't shown enough to suggest he'll ever be our regular no. 1 or even no. 2 keeper. Perhaps one of the younger keepers is showing more potential and they want to clear a progression path. Who knows. Time will tell if these decisions are correct, but we have a management team in place to make those decisions and we either trust them or we don't.

Fairly confident the manager and DoF discuss these matters, to ensure they're on the same page as often as possible. The suggestion that Wilson negotiated a contract extension with McGregor, without any input from GvB is pretty bizarre.

Where is the forward planning here. Really disagree with him leaving and a v40 year old keeper getting another contract.
I want all our young players to be given more chances, it’s a huge part of the management teams responsibility.
Forward planning?
The only thing important in our game is next season.
Beyond that is nice to think of but way down the list of priorities.

I trust the manager 100% on this, alongside his decisions on Davis, Arfield and Goldson.

Folk need a can of juice and chill .

Gerrard was a powerful voice, arguably too much so. The Board obviously felt he had earned it.

I think people are becoming a little too obsessed with 'selling'. We are still a football club where on-the-field activities matter most.

Fairly confident the manager and DoF discuss these matters, to ensure they're on the same page as often as possible. The suggestion that Wilson negotiated a contract extension with McGregor, without any input from GvB is pretty bizarre.
Fairly confident that if Gio didn’t want any of last years squads contracts renewed, they would have happened.

The idea that Ross Wilson is just handing out contracts himself with zero input from Gio is deranged.

Nonsense, lavish praise on the keeper who has played one game and slaughter the keeper that played a massive part in getting us to Seville and won multiple trophies in the net.
Three or four off par games are more than enough to destroy a career as this thread clearly shows
3 or 4 off games?

There’s countless posts that’s listed double that amount at least. All from last season.

Nonsense, lavish praise on the keeper who has played one game and slaughter the keeper that played a massive part in getting us to Seville and won multiple trophies in the net.
Three or four off par games are more than enough to destroy a career as this thread clearly shows

Come on mate - open your eyes. He is costing us big time in the league when teams just launch the ball into the box and he is glued to his line - basically our defenders need to win everything and that ain't gonna happen.

Last season was one too many - he won't get back to previous levels as time is against him.

Forward planning?
The only thing important in our game is next season.
Beyond that is nice to think of but way down the list of priorities.
People forget that forward planning is winning every week and sometimes 3x a week
If Gio thinks McGregor and McLaughlin are his best chance of doing that then so be it.
The wage on McGregor pushing McLaughlin is probably lower than buying a no.1 to come straight in!
Money better spent elsewhere is what’s surely happening here

McCrorie will go on to cost us points next season with good performances while McGregor costs us points.

Fantastic
I can see him at Hibs or up at Aberdeen with his brother being absolutely amped to put in a good performance against us.

Back