Mentality is all that matters and we don’t have it.

I’ve heard that mentality is not a problem with our team but it is we had that in the bag and we bottled it simple as that.

They are in Morelos head and others and it shows Gerrard should make them watch that mob rub it in and they will.

Absolutely gutted.
4 hours after the final whistle I STILL believe this. We bottled this today. Blew it big time. I dear for the rest of the season

I’ve heard that mentality is not a problem with our team but it is we had that in the bag and we bottled it simple as that.

They are in Morelos head and others and it shows Gerrard should make them watch that mob rub it in and they will.

Absolutely gutted.
You don’t understand the concept of ‘bottle.’ Today’s performance was quite the opposite to bottle - we performed very well on the big stage.

Absolutely gutted.
Out of curiosity since you say we bottled it, did the scum bottle it today or did they win due to their great mentality?

Absolutely gutted.
Utter rubbish, we didn’t take our chances . We battered them if our mentality was in doubt that would not have happened. Disappointing, yes but don’t start with we don’t have the mentality cause it’s nonsense

They have the trophy we don’t that answers the question.
It doesn't answer it at all. Why are our defenders, who didn't give away a legitimate shot on target, woeful and naive?

Their defenders were bailed out by their GK, why are they better?

Got my threads muddled.

They created nothing. Why is that mentality good?

Fück all to do with mentality.

We just bossed them for 90 minutes, they never had a shot on goal apart from the goal that had 3 men offside.

Bad luck, bad finishing – yes – but we win that game if we aren’t cheated by the officials.
I'm sorry but it's everything to do with mentality, even when we were dominating I never felt confident we would take advantage, Celtic get one chance, take it, we had the shambles of the penalty situation when tav decides not to take it and give it to Morelos so he could get his first goal against them, to me that was either misplaced arrogance that he would definitely score, or fear that he (tav) would miss, summed up our mentality. They're at a massive advantage at that they've not had a real challenge in years and been able to win Everything which breeds confidence and a winning mentality, that isn't a fault of our players as such as they haven't been given the advantages Celtic players have had to win trophies against mostly cross. Anyway, point is mentality is definitel something we need to work on, we saw at at Aberdeen,lose one goal and it all goes to shot

It doesn't answer it at all. Why are our defenders, who didn't give away a legitimate shot on target, woeful and naive?

Their defenders were bailed out by their GK, why are they better?

It really is that simple they won again we didn’t and that is that basically I’d rather played poor and won.

They were poor were down to ten for half an hour we missed a pen and couldn’t find a way that’s bottle they found a way to win we didn’t.

The Goldson headers, Helander smashing it over the bar with his head, Morelos not squaring it to Kent, wild lashes from Morelos and Kent, poor header from Morelos, strike that never even got the target from Morelos, missed penalty.

As the game went on, you could sense we weren't scoring.

They done what we done to them under Walter, it takes 1 result to change the course of History. It should have been today! It wasn't, so we continue to bottle the anger, determination and disappointment. We welcome the Chase, and when the bottle pops on said anger, determination and disappointment then hell mend them because it will be scenes never witnessed before. We're almost there, hang tight
Have to disagree.

Walter certainly had their number but we achieved results based on good defending and taking our chances.

Never, ever did a Walter Rangers team win as a result of an illegal goal.

As happened today.

It really is that simple they won again we didn’t and that is that basically I’d rather played poor and won.

They were poor were down to ten for half an hour we missed a pen and couldn’t find a way that’s bottle they found a way to win we didn’t.
I don't think bottle came into. They certainly didn't show any. The linesman won the cup for them.

I've watched football long enough to know it was just one of those games. Sometimes you batter teams, usually at Hamilton's level, and they get a lucky goal.. The scum unfortunately for us were the shitey but lucky team today. If we play that way again in the next three games against them I'd be surprised not to win them all. They were so so jammy today.

It’s always the same bad luck bad finishing ect ect they are in Alfie’s head he shat the bed that’s now 11 games he hasn’t scored against them but oh aye it’s not mentality ffs
You think celtic had the mentality the day?? They got lucky, penalty that we never got, keeper off the line for the penalty we did get, three players off side for the one goal on target which was offside

Have to disagree.

Walter certainly had their number but we achieved results based on good defending and taking our chances.

Never, ever did a Walter Rangers team win as a result of an illegal goal.

As happened today.
What the teams have in common (like it or not/illegal/incompetent/sectarian biased influencing of penalty or 0ffside decisions) is that they both win games of football.
Rangers lift Silver, that's a fact. Whatever happened today cannot be reversed.
We didn't lift Silver, we should have and yet the Paedo enablers did.
I'm pissed pal and not making much sense even to maself! It hurts but my main point is ONE result changes History and 3nsures Rangers always lift Silver

I don't think bottle came into. They certainly didn't show any. The linesman won the cup for them.

I've watched football long enough to know it was just one of those games. Sometimes you batter teams, usually at Hamilton's level, and they get a lucky goal.. The scum unfortunately for us were the shitey but lucky team today. If we play that way again in the next three games against them I'd be surprised not to win them all. They were so so jammy today.

Of course it comes into it we blew it today what if that’s as bad as they will be this season and we just blew a golden chance to get a trophy and put a marker down?

No what we did was let them off the hook and I’m sorry the mentality is huge in this.

You think celtic had the mentality the day?? They got lucky, penalty that we never got, keeper off the line for the penalty we did get, three players off side for the one goal on target which was offside

Of course they did they won when they were rotten we were excellent and still couldn’t get it over the line of course it’s mentality what a chance we blew

What the teams have in common (like it or not/illegal/incompetent/sectarian biased influencing of penalty or 0ffside decisions) is that they both win games of football.
Rangers lift Silver, that's a fact. Whatever happened today cannot be reversed.
We didn't lift Silver, we should have and yet the Paedo enablers did.
I'm pissed pal and not making much sense even to maself! It hurts but my main point is ONE result changes History and 3nsures Rangers always lift Silver
I'm pished as well, mate :))

I get your point.

The only difference is that winning is almost all that matters, but Sir Walter always did it honestly.

We got cheated today, my brother.

It's very difficult to develop a winners mentality in Scotland presently. They've won the lot in the past 3 seasons. They've won the league 8 times in a row. You can't propagate a winning mentality if you don't win trophies. They are going through a period of sustained and unprecedented success, I know we do our best to under play it but that's how that mob won today. It feels hard to make a dent in that but we just need to keep going really.

People bang on and on about a winners mentality on here. Scorn the players for allegedly not having one. The issue is we all know what the present climate is like in Scotland, in many respects it is the 90s in reverse and until we win something then the hold they have won't be broken. Apart from in the 90s, we didn't feel the need to intimidate referees and didn't have the SFA pocketed but I digress.

This was never ever going to be easy. It was never ever going to be plain sailing. They made sure of that when the entirety of Scottish football saw fit to chuck us out the league and down the divisions. We are still in the process of regaining what we had pre 2012 and I know results like today hurt. I know it seems that we have handed them yet another trophy but we've got to keep going. We just can't give up or rip it up and start again, we just can't. We need to keep improving ourselves and we need to keep pushing them. They'll slip up eventually and that could be all that it takes for us to break the dominance. We've got to persevere.

Forgive me for the long post. Needed to vent.

Back