Methods to get through to the idiots determined to sing

I can't believe we still people clinging to some paper thin defence of "no one's ever told me what we can't sing" as if they're a primary school child that needs to be told every single song separately, probably multiple times. Instead of just accepting that anything that mentions the Pope or 19th Century Terrorists has to go.

Exactly. Apparently FARE provided UEFA with video evidence. The club should ask for that evidence and use it to identify supporters and ban them already. No second chances. That will send a clear enough message.
Based on club 1872 statement pretty sure the club have seen the video.

Football songs only , no reference to religion , politics, paramilitary organisations or any form of abusive language. That's the only list the club can provide .

Well let the club get a list out then. Warm fans moving forward thst all sections will be recorded for a undefined period of time and any fans taking part in any song out with the "permitted" list will be banned for life. It's that simple.

I can't believe we still people clinging to some paper thin defence of "no one's ever told me what we can't sing" as if they're a primary school child that needs to be told every single song separately, probably multiple times. Instead of just accepting that anything that mentions the Pope or 19th Century Terrorists has to go.

It isn't really that clear though is it. Some folk still want to sing songs about UVF or against the IRA which nobody is sure for certain if they would see us punished or not. Only need to look at the debate around BMG

I've seen many people on here try to make new songs for us to sing. Most of the time they get shot down in flames. Either because the words are pretty awful, difficult to remember or the melody is just not right.

There must be fans out there that could write something decent and easy to learn. A perfect example is 'Alfredo Morelos' to The White Stripes -Seven Nation Army. Simple and really effective plus rousing at the same time.

Now I'll admit I'm no singer songwriter but I feel that with a little effort and support we could create some decent songs that all of Ibrox could sing to along with our already historical and safe to sing song catalogue to define Rangers over the years
I suggested a fun one for Jordan Jones the other day

To the tune of Dr Jones by Aqua:
Jordan Jones
Jordan Jones
Jordan Jordan Jones
Jordan Jones
Jordan Jones come on now.

Might seem daft and to a shite song, but so we're the Toure songs by Man City and they caught on big time.

It isn't really that clear though is it. Some folk still want to sing songs about UVF or against the IRA which nobody is sure for certain if they would see us punished or not. Only need to look at the debate around BMG

It is that clear. The other songs were sung during the other European matches, but it's only the 2 matches where TBB and Super Rangers were sung that we've pulled up for. Engage your brain, stop muddying the waters.

Having a quick search on YouTube there are a couple of videos uploaded by fans singing (but nothing to untoward) and a couple of our fans after the game from elsewhere in the stadium with faint sounds of TBB but can't be sure. We need to be aware that we are being watched at all times when in the ground, before and after the games as well.

Stop filming ourselves and uploading it would be one small step to eradicating the problem.

Jordan Jones
Jordan Jones
Jordan Jordan Jones
Jordan Jones

Might seem daft and to a shite song, but so we're the Toure songs by Man City and they caught on big time.

Exactly pal. Anyone who has been to the darts knows how popular a song like the Toure one is and it still gets sung at every event

Jordan Jones
Jordan Jones
Jordan Jordan Jones
Jordan Jones

Simple tunes with players names always works I think - cringey or not they get bted out stadium wide. Look at Alfredo and Defoe songs.

I’d expect if it continues the club will install further cameras on sections of Ibrox to monitor and remove season tickets by offenders. There won’t even be a debate about it. The season ticket waiting list is 15k, they can easily do it and put down a marker to get the message across and have offenders replaced with new season ticket holders until the message gets through.[/QUOTE
Ageed Maybe the time to start a system like this is now before it gets worse.

The Celtic game at the weekend is a worry tbh.

Guaranteed that at some point TBB will be sang - especially if they score or a dodgy decision goes against us.

Shooting ourselves in the foot because you just know the likes of Michael Stewart etc will be listening intently hoping to hear it.

It's up to the fans to stop it though. If someone starts the chant, shout them down.

Calling fellow supporters idiots for doing f*ck all wrong. You sound a right charmer, OP.

We knew TBB was banned years ago in UEFA games

I’ve always sang it in the SPL games although never in European games

So I guess those singing it in European games are idiots for doing so

But not sanctioned, Uefa would ignore the report. The more ridiculous the reports to UEFA the more it helps us in the long run.
Wait and see what happens, this is not going to just disappear when the sectarian shite stops in Europe.

The Celtic game at the weekend is a worry tbh.

Guaranteed that at some point TBB will be sang - especially if they score or a dodgy decision goes against us.

Shooting ourselves in the foot because you just know the likes of Michael Stewart etc will be listening intently hoping to hear it.

It's up to the fans to stop it though. If someone starts the chant, shout them down.

They can’t do anything in SPL games

I expect the full songbook on Sunday. As long as we keep it from UEFA games though we’ll be fine

we still don't have ANY idea what song offends FARE.

Derrys walls - banned.
TBB - banned
Super Rangers - banned.
Fathers advice - banned
BMG - banned
We'll be coming - banned
Number One Platoon - banned
NPOR - banned
Follow Follow - banned
The Sash - banned
King Billy's on the wall - banned
Wee spot in Europe - banned.

any others? All of the above have mentioned the UVF, the Pope or any selection of banned words/phrases at some stage. Reverting back to old "clean" lyrics won't stop those bastards so they're as good as banned.

Perhaps we should just sing Every Saturday We Follow on repeat.

I don't think is banned (as per a court case) unless this has changed.

Wait and see what happens, this is not going to just disappear when the sectarian shite stops in Europe.
What is not going to dissappear? If you mean sanctions for sectarian singing, then yes they dissappear if we stop it. Unfortunately there isnt much of a defense that can be made against video evidence of us doing what Uefa have told us not to regardless of who is reporting it to the. . This has all been banned since 2006, and UEFA haven't exactly been banging on our door to complain about the colour of our socks or for singing twinkle twinkle like people are suggesting. I'll worry about that when and if it comes.

we still don't have ANY idea what song offends FARE.

Derrys walls - banned.
TBB - banned
Super Rangers - banned.
Fathers advice - banned
BMG - banned
We'll be coming - banned
Number One Platoon - banned
NPOR - banned
Follow Follow - banned
The Sash - banned
King Billy's on the wall - banned
Wee spot in Europe - banned.

any others? All of the above have mentioned the UVF, the Pope or any selection of banned words/phrases at some stage. Reverting back to old "clean" lyrics won't stop those bastards so they're as good as banned.

Perhaps we should just sing Every Saturday We Follow on repeat.

Out of that full list, most have eff all to do with Rangers.

Here’s an idea now that we need to clean up the songbook, why not just stick to Rangers songs?

Another charge and hopefully it only applies to our away fans and not our home games

But how do we stop it?

Having been going to home and away games since the early 90’s and been a member of numerous RSC’s in the past 10-15 years, I’d say a starting point could be there

The vast majority of convenors are well respected as they’ve done the job for years if not decades.

Folk get charged up on buses prior to games and for me, a convenor simply stating the obvious and possible repercussions to the members could be a starting point

I’m not saying that only those that are on RSC’s are the offenders as there’s others that travel solo to domestic and away Euro games but I’d say the vast majority of our away crowd would be members of buses.

I personally love the party songs but in the past week reality has hit that the club is in a dangerous position due to utter stupidity of the fans.
Maybe playing Rangers songs on the bus as opposed to the blood might go a long way. Time and place for everything. Play it on way home after a great result but on the way Rangers songs only

Direct them to the thread on Kerrydale Street where they can see the people these songs are directed at aren't offended in the slightest and actually fucking loving every second of it.

Latest posts

Back