Official Michael Stewart has put up the flag of surrender after Rangers administered a sound thrashing to his botty

You are talking a victory into a defeat.
I’d like to hear more about the victory.
Apart from “we regret we‘ve fallen below our normal high standards” type of comment from BBC Scotland, which I could paper the walls with, there are no details on what action they have taken.
Have those involved been warned as to their future conduct?
They have admitted their conduct was wrong, has any disciplinary action been taken?
Has the BBC explained how it was able allow its staff to sneer at and dismiss complaints over the years, only to suddenly admit that the complaints were valid? Should this not be a matter for further complaints?
The BBC is very good at directives to its staff. Have any been issued in this matter?
Have they now committed to follow their own Editorial Code?
I could go on and on.

For years we have been the target of their snide, barely concealed hatred of Rangers. Now, completely out of the blue, some sort of compromise has been reached, about which you‘ll have more knowledge than me.
There are, no doubt, facts of which I am unaware. I certainly hope so, but the absence of detail encourages a “what’s going on” reaction and leaves us to speculate as to why there’s no detail.
I don’t think I’m anywhere near talking this into a defeat, quite the opposite. I would like all the sordid details and pictures of blood on the floor. I want their noses rubbed in it, at least for the same period of time they’ve done similar to us.

This is an obvious victory, particularly for those bears who struggle with alternatives. It’s tremendous to see all the in house apologists for the BBC being thrown under the bus by their own employer. Joyous. Bet they want to know what’s occurring as well.
I’ll raise questions of the BBC when they inevitably breach this rapprochement in the future. It will be easy to gauge from the replies if anything has changed at the BBC.

I’d like to hear more about the victory.
Apart from “we regret we‘ve fallen below our normal high standards” type of comment from BBC Scotland, which I could paper the walls with, there are no details on what action they have taken.
Have those involved been warned as to their future conduct?
They have admitted their conduct was wrong, has any disciplinary action been taken?
Has the BBC explained how it was able allow its staff to sneer at and dismiss complaints over the years, only to suddenly admit that the complaints were valid? Should this not be a matter for further complaints?
The BBC is very good at directives to its staff. Have any been issued in this matter?
Have they now committed to follow their own Editorial Code?
I could go on and on.

For years we have been the target of their snide, barely concealed hatred of Rangers. Now, completely out of the blue, some sort of compromise has been reached, about which you‘ll have more knowledge than me.
There are, no doubt, facts of which I am unaware. I certainly hope so, but the absence of detail encourages a “what’s going on” reaction and leaves us to speculate as to why there’s no detail.
I don’t think I’m anywhere near talking this into a defeat, quite the opposite. I would like all the sordid details and pictures of blood on the floor. I want their noses rubbed in it, at least for the same period of time they’ve done similar to us.

This is an obvious victory, particularly for those bears who struggle with alternatives. It’s tremendous to see all the in house apologists for the BBC being thrown under the bus by their own employer. Joyous. Bet they want to know what’s occurring as well.
I’ll raise questions of the BBC when they inevitably breach this rapprochement in the future. It will be easy to gauge from the replies if anything has changed at the BBC.

You already know the answers to most of that.

You're not happy and you're not going to be happy.

You can write directly to them asking those very precise questions yourself as a licence payer.

I very much suspect that the huge and still growing numbers of non payers of the TV Licence in Scotland (citing bias against Rangers as the reason for cancellation of the Licence) is more behind this than any genuine remorse.

They’re cu.nts. They hate us. Nothing in this mealy mouthed apology is going to change the way their horrible, horrible staff think.

I very much suspect that the huge and still growing numbers of non payers of the TV Licence in Scotland (citing bias against Rangers as the reason for cancellation of the Licence) is more behind this than any genuine remorse.

They’re cu.nts. They hate us. Nothing in this mealy mouthed apology is going to change the way their horrible, horrible staff think.
This! Nothing will change let’s be honest as the hatred is too ingrained in that place as it is with most of key parts of places of power in the country unfortunately. By 2027 there will be no tv license so the BBC will either need to be funded by advertising, subscriptions or even some sort of takeover. I don’t trust them one bit and no doubt this move is made only to benefit themselves in the future.

I tend to agree. While I think it is better in principle to not be at war I objectively do not rate the BBC in terms of their actual coverage and quality of presenter. Add to that their open nationalist bias at an institutional level, I have not time for them and consider them an outdate relic as far as our club are concerned. They have fuelled division with our club, players and fans as the targets so playing nice now will do little to erase the messaging that has been ingrained onto the public perception.

The world were talking about Rangers last season(team and the fans) all their doing is jumping on the bandwagon.

about time they apologised even if it is somewhat mealy mouthed, couldnt really expect anything more from them

You already know the answers to most of that.

You're not happy and you're not going to be happy.

You can write directly to them asking those very precise questions yourself as a licence payer.
Mark, just to ask you something on a previous post. Has Gollum McLaughlin still got his press pass revoked? Have the BBC agreed to sending other reporters to the ground? I’ll be delighted if the club have stuck to their guns there.

I’ve a real personal quandary with Graham Spiers as I see him often at the boys rugby as his lad plays for same team as my lad only a few years younger and I always find him very personable but on his work front he is utterly ridiculous with some of the stuff he says about the club and the fans and is very blinded to similar behaviour from the club and fans from the East End

I’m delighted this has came to an end as it was ridiculous on the side of BBC Scotland alienating itself from the biggest supported club in the country as obviously it meant cutting their nose off to the largest viewership of their football shows also largest group of tv Licence fee payers too. I really do hope the actual BBC have also reprimanded them too.

BBC should %^*& off.

We are now a progressive top European club & we don’t need their bias & hatred.

Do one, BBC.
Agreed plus the so called apology was feck all of the sort,the fact that we never banned them but only withdrew the press pass of the balding wee rattling newt that they still employ was not mentioned by them or the fact that employees of theirs could call us Huns was never mentioned,a real apology should have sayed this and quite why our club went along with this beggars belief,we don't need them and have not missed them for years so get them to feck as far as I am concerned as they are still infested with mentally challengeds,this will not end well.

Agreed plus the so called apology was feck all of the sort,the fact that we never banned them but only withdrew the press pass of the balding wee rattling newt that they still employ was not mentioned by them or the fact that employees of theirs could call us Huns was never mentioned,a real apology should have sayed this and quite why our club went along with this beggars belief,we don't need them and have not missed them for years so get them to feck as far as I am concerned as they are still infested with mentally challengeds,this will not end well.

Spot on Rangers Lad.

They’re correct, it is in EVERYONE’s best interests to properly report on Rangers.

My sinister approach is they can no longer deny the cash cow that is Rangers so have had to admit their bias.

They will be allowed into Ibrox - and, who knows, that may be a good thing in the long run - but they’ve a long and steep mountain to climb before I can even consider forgiving the BBC!

Think Rangers are giving them rope.

Let's watch the bbc hang themselves.

It's easy to read this the wrong way. You get the impression Rangers are lifting a ban on BBC coverage.
However, it didn't go down like that. Gollum got his press privileges revoked, and his BBC colleagues chose not to report from Ibrox to support him. It was a unilateral decision by BBC staff not to report on Rangers. The BBC were not banned from Ibrox by Rangers.
It is beyond shocking really. That BBC staff, their employer the public broadcaster funded by public's licence fee, could decide not to do their job, and deliver a compromised service to the very people paying for them. They were so nonchalant about it too. Everyone involved in this scandal at the BBC should be facing disciplinary procedures.
Perfect description.

So you think Michael Stwart hasn’t had his botty thrashed by us?

I used to complain to the BBC about their inaccuracies, bias and breaches of their own editorial code. Not once, dozens of times.
Try it sometime, you’ll soon find out that a BBC “apology” amounts to little more than being fobbed off and virtually being challenged to move to the next stage of their complaints procedure, which is designed to stop you complaining not resolve the matter or get to the bottom of it.
They will drag you into months or years of back and fore, vacuous dissembling and patronising arrogance.
It’s taken the Club years to get them to cave in, yet you make it sound as if it all happened in five minutes.
I live my life just fine thanks, happy in the knowledge that I’ve never been content to sit back and accept being treated like a moron by a publicly funded group of Savile enablers.

Great post. Glad we have people like you fighting for all of us even if some dont appreciate it. Please keep it up.

I may be in the minority here, but this is good news. Although, I hope that baldy, speccy, woman repellent, Chris McLaughlin gets minimal access, if anything at all.
good news my arse we don’t need the bbc and i don’t pay the licence ftbbc

Back