Official Michael Stewart has put up the flag of surrender after Rangers administered a sound thrashing to his botty

A root and branch clear out of those involved.
An explanation as to why this culture of bias was tolerated for years in the very first place.
An explanation of what has changed to enable this climb down.
A commitment to review their complaints procedure from arrogant fobbing off to actually addressing complaints.
A commitment to adhere to their own Editorial Code.
Someone there to read the BBC Charter and follow it.

Not too much to expect from a body which enforces licence compliance with threats of imprisonment.

I’ve seen nothing from the BBC but vacuous platitudes dished out with is usual arrogance and disdain.
Yeah, that would be nice. But you very rarely see that type of response from any public or private organisation.

I think it’s good news that our national broadcaster is allowed to access our staff and stadium , but if I’m honest are those bbc journalists and pundits actually sorry ? Does senior Mangement in bbc Scotland know the issues of bias on reporting that have taken place ? I personally think this will rear up again the next few weeks ,some people in the bbc despise our club and can’t help themselves . I hope the club have warned them
A leopard can,t change its spots.

Doesn't come across as genuine from them and the statement make you think there was fault on both side - if you didn't know the whole story.

Like others, I think it will only be time before the mask slips again from the haters within their employees - sorry independent contractors!

BBC Scotland simply can't be trusted, and will no doubt revert back to putting the boot into the club at every opportunity. I say f*CK them, we've managed to cope without these haters this length of time.
Much as their apology is good Twitter fodder, it is nothing more than a temporary embarrassment for a corrupt institution.
They will use their new found access in an attempt to illicit an apology from Rangers at some point.
It would be more helpful to find out WHY this happened and what has been done to ensure it doesn't happen in the future.
We'll see how it pans out going forward but I think BBC Scotland view this as losing round one.
Fool me once, etc.

Last edited:
I would prefer to see a statement from Stewart apologies for his clear bias in his punditry of anything Rangers related.
He kinda did on May/2/22 bud

Michael Stewart has issued an apology to Jim Traynor and Rangers, two years on from his rant about the former PR chief.

The ex-Hibs and Hearts midfielder was removed from BBC programming at the time after a lengthy rant about Traynor and Rangers in February 2020.

Stewart had accused Traynor of being a bully and insisted he stoked division for his own personal gain.

He also apologised for Rangers over the incident and Stewart says he has withdrawn all comments and they were unfair to Traynor and the Ibrox club.

The comments caused a furore at the time and Stewart admits he's disappointed by his comments.

He said: “I would like to apologise to Jim Traynor for comments about him on the BBC Sportsound programme on Monday 3 February 2020 and any distress cause to him and his family.

I think it’s good news that our national broadcaster is allowed to access our staff and stadium , but if I’m honest are those bbc journalists and pundits actually sorry ? Does senior Mangement in bbc Scotland know the issues of bias on reporting that have taken place ? I personally think this will rear up again the next few weeks ,some people in the bbc despise our club and can’t help themselves . I hope the club have warned them
All BBC staff were allowed access other than Slug MCLaughlin
They CHOSE not to attend

We have been wronged by a national institution that we pay for through our taxes.
The running sore of this malfeasance has manifested itself through seven years of unfair treatment.
In all honesty, this should be a political matter.
Aye, but all the politicians do is apologise and move on anyway. Look at Johnson recently. There is no real accountability for anything these days.

They should be on notice that bias coverage will result in an immediate ban. We are not looking for puff pieces just balance coverage.

Justice at last. As a license payer and a pragmatist I accept this apology and await the same coverage as the rest of Scottish football on BBC TV and Radio.

Aye, but all the politicians do is apologise and move on anyway. Look at Johnson recently. There is no real accountability for anything these days.
Agree and no doubt the club have agreed to draw a line under this.
But do the club speak for all of those taxpayers who have been unfairly treated by this institution?
They don't.
That is why a politician should be asking for some clarification on the admission and what steps have the BBC taken to ensure those cheated viewers/taxpayers that standards will not fail them in the future?

He is vermin lower than a snakes belly I’m sure he will get the welcome he deserves if he shows up at Ibrox from the bears. As for McLaughlin he should not be allowed near Ibrox hope the agreement keeps him out Manky prick
Some things must remain non negotiable.
McLaughlin and Stewart must not enter our stadium on any business.

Absolutely believe this truce, (on their side) won't last till new year. They are still staffed and over run with Rangers haters. It's very difficult to change the minds of people who have been brainwashed since toddler age.
Correct. And they simply cannot remain impartial.
As other posters have said, we don't want preferential treatment, just the same treatment. These brainwashed zoomers cannot do it.

Nadine must have sorted them out.

_120598993_mediaitem120598992.jpg

Much as their apology is good Twitter fodder, it is nothing more than a temporary embarrassment for a corrupt institution.
They will use their new found access in an attempt to illicit an apology from Rangers at some point.
It would be more helpful to find out WHY this happened and what has been done to ensure it doesn't happen in the future.
We'll see how it pans out going forward but I think BBC Scotland view this as losing round one.
Fool me once, etc.
Ffs how many negative posts can we get on what is excellent news and a total victory

Absolutely.
This is without doubt a win for us.
People need to cheer up. Or need their hole.
I think some folk simply don't appreciate how big a thing it is to get not just a public truce, but an entirely one-sided admission from them of their failings and an apology and acceptance that Rangers concerns over fair reporting were justified.

There's nothing being said in that statement that suggests Rangers were in any way wrong or it was a bit of both sides. It is fully on the Beeb and they hold their hands up.

It might not seem much, but it's massive to get that from them of all media outlets.

It's nothing like the general public complaints process where every bampot and their dug is complaining umpteen times a day about what's on their telly/radio and fans' views just get lost amongst the ocean of white noise.

This is a massive and public climbdown by them:
  • They can't live without the Rangers audience and coverage from Ibrox
  • They didn't report on our club in a fair and balanced manner

Ffs how many negative posts can we get on what is excellent news and a total victory
Total victory?
If that's what you think, great.

You can literally go on to the BBC website just now and read "news" report after report that is agenda driven. You believe BBC Scotland has all of a sudden changed their agenda in Scotland?

Within a week of the new season there will be posts on here pointing out misleading stories on BBC Scotland regarding Rangers.

A massive change in personnel would be welcome. A Tweet apology is nothing more than fun, although will be devastating for Micheal Stewart as he's one of those who lives his life in there.

We'll see how this all goes. I'd be delighted to have a trusted major news source to read about my team.

I'm assuming the BBC thought 55 was a one-off and their 'Glasgow Derby' darlings would simply retake their position as the greatest team in the land....but now realise the tide has turned and there is now only one show in town.

He kinda did on May/2/22 bud

Michael Stewart has issued an apology to Jim Traynor and Rangers, two years on from his rant about the former PR chief.

The ex-Hibs and Hearts midfielder was removed from BBC programming at the time after a lengthy rant about Traynor and Rangers in February 2020.

Stewart had accused Traynor of being a bully and insisted he stoked division for his own personal gain.

He also apologised for Rangers over the incident and Stewart says he has withdrawn all comments and they were unfair to Traynor and the Ibrox club.

The comments caused a furore at the time and Stewart admits he's disappointed by his comments.

He said: “I would like to apologise to Jim Traynor for comments about him on the BBC Sportsound programme on Monday 3 February 2020 and any distress cause to him and his family.
Rumour is Stewart had to pay Traynor £50k

Agree Steve.

If they fired a senior responsible figure like Tom Connor & stated they wouldn’t employ Stewart again then maybe I’d go with it.

To me, they’ve got off lightly.
I agree with what you say about Stewart. He’s had so many strikes and yet still carries on about his business.

I’m very pleased about this decision though, it’s about time the biggest club in the country had live home games on national radio again.

I agree with what you say about Stewart. He’s had so many strikes and yet still carries on about his business.

I’m very pleased about this decision though, it’s about time the biggest club in the country had live home games on national radio again.
Thousands of Rangers supporters who for whatever reason had no access to anything other than a radio were being penalised unfairly by a nationalised institution. A totally unacceptable situation, where if it happened to any other group in society would have had serious repercussions and questions at the highest level.

I actually think it’s no bad thing to make some sort of peace with BBC Scotland, however let’s judge them now by deeds not words

Re Stewart, I assume this is an apology for his tweets after he apologised to Traynor? His full on Sevcoing after that was embarrassing

I may be in the minority here, but this is good news. Although, I hope that baldy, speccy, woman repellent, Chris McLaughlin gets minimal access, if anything at all.
I knew something was happening a couple of days ago. I happened to be on gumtree, and there was a hut for sale on the roundabout on Edmiston drive. It was free to take away, and owned by a guy calling himself Gollum. Said he didn't need it for work anymore.

Rather than engage in an endless game of verbal tennis - do a google search on when McLaughlin was banned for the second time.
The BBC wrongly portrayed his exclusion as a ban and told the club that nobody would dictate to them who they could send or not send to Ibrox resulting in nobody being sent.......

Last edited:
I think it will probably be a case of Auntie London saying “what the fvck?” when we were a British club in a European final and the National broadcaster is either on a roundabout or sent to Seville with no access to our players except press conferences.
On investigating further the “get it sorted” order will have been sent up the road. If it had been up to BBC Scotland rheptiles hell would’ve frozen over

Yeah, that would be nice. But you very rarely see that type of response from any public or private organisation.
Private organisations can do what they like and stand or fall by their output, that’s fine.
The BBC is different. It is a public body funded by intimidation, even threats of imprisonment.
Its flagrant disregard to its own editorial codes should not be condoned by indifference, as we can see from its current and past behaviour where that gets us.

A root and branch clear out of those involved.
An explanation as to why this culture of bias was tolerated for years in the very first place.
An explanation of what has changed to enable this climb down.
A commitment to review their complaints procedure from arrogant fobbing off to actually addressing complaints.
A commitment to adhere to their own Editorial Code.
Someone there to read the BBC Charter and follow it.

Not too much to expect from a body which enforces licence compliance with threats of imprisonment.

I’ve seen nothing from the BBC but vacuous platitudes dished out with is usual arrogance and disdain.

Exactly.

This was institutional bias, which was by implication supported from the top of BBC Scotland, at least.

The apology is far from enough in my eyes mate.

Back