Official Michael Stewart has put up the flag of surrender after Rangers administered a sound thrashing to his botty

Private organisations can do what they like and stand or fall by their output, that’s fine.
The BBC is different. It is a public body funded by intimidation, even threats of imprisonment.
Its flagrant disregard to its own editorial codes should not be condoned by indifference, as we can see from its current and past behaviour where that gets us.
As I said in another post - look at our political leaders. There is no real accountability for wrongdoing anymore. “Sorry” is about the most you will get.

What happened was Gollum said and included in his match report that “two Rangers fans were arrested for sectarian singing”. Rangers contacted the police commander that was at the match and asked for the names to ban the supporters. The police commander said there were no arrests. Chris McLaughlin fabricated and lied about Rangers fans. The guy is the scummiest and lowest of the low. Even worse was his report on child abuse in Scottish football where he mentioned us, Hibs, Partick Thistle but refused to name celtic fc. The closest the guy got to mentioning celtic was referring to the boys club and using their ‘separate entity’ line. Like I said the guy is a horrible disgusting poisonous bigot. There’s no surprise he’s thought of so highly at the BBC.
By his logic none of the clubs should have been mentioned and the blame put at the doors of the boys clubs concerned.

Exactly.

This was institutional bias, which was by implication supported from the top of BBC Scotland, at least.

The apology is far from enough in my eyes mate.
It smacks of “What’s the least we can get away with?” from BBC Scotland.
No explanation, no clarity on changes and as such no confidence can be placed in the BBC following their own codes of practice in the future.
Why should they? Those involved from the top down appear to be still in place.
Blythe assurances are easy to give, we’ve heard it all before, many times.
The same culture will rear its head again, unless some form of editorial changes have been made.

It could be that the air has been cleared in private and we are not to be told the ins and outs.
Fine, but my air hasn’t been cleared, not by a long way. I suspect many bears will be the same.

I dont believe for a moment there is an ounce of honesty in the apology or admission of failed standards.
They will continue to run straight to their compliant officer to get our players banned.

They will continue to show the worst possible angles to make any tackle our players make seem worse than it was.

They will continue to show the camera angles which makes anything their beloved team do hard to judge.

Bit like sky, really.

Great that we played the long game. Anything to do with the new European tv highlight packages ?

Expect singing to be a topic they will become experts in again on a Celtic losing weekend.

"We want an apology from the BBC"

BBC apologises

"Not good enough, still biased, only want us now cos of Europe"

I wonder how people manage to live their day to day lives consumed with such pointless anger.
Exactly- I’m glad of this result.

Misery loves misery as they say.

I'm not sure what you mean, sorry.

It has evidently taken BBC Scotland around a decade or so to acknowledge this.
No way was it a decade
No chance Whyte, Green or any of the Spivs would stick up for the club so it had to be post King taking over which means after 2015

I think it’s good news that our national broadcaster is allowed to access our staff and stadium , but if I’m honest are those bbc journalists and pundits actually sorry ? Does senior Mangement in bbc Scotland know the issues of bias on reporting that have taken place ? I personally think this will rear up again the next few weeks ,some people in the bbc despise our club and can’t help themselves . I hope the club have warned them

Makes not a difference if the sad tossers are sorry (I'd put my house on they're not) but the fact is BBC Scotland has issued the most cringeworthy, abject surrender, public apology I've ever seen in 6 decades of following fitba in Scotland.
Mclaughlin and Co will be fucking sick but they've quite evidently been kicked up the arse.
They will all be looking elsewhere for work now I expect.

The more exposure we get the better for the club.
They’ve admitted responsibility so we accept it and all move on.
Our profile has reached new levels lately and we are respected throughout Europe.
The BBC realise this and have no choice.
BBC Scotland Having zero access to any Rangers staff or players on the run up to Seville probably caught the attention of someone in London and this has been the catalyst to get to today’s statements

I remember that Gollum ,whilst unable to acknowledge our 6-2 win,went looking for a negative story,but in my head there’s more to this.I’ve googled it and came up with nothing but

1.was he assisted by the Hibs head of security on the day,who should not have leaked any info until a police de-briefing?

2.was the Hibs HOS pulled up by the SFA for it ? and

3.was the Hibs HOS a former employee at the piggery?
he was reporting before HT never mind FT from memory

Edit : that may have been Chick Young

No explanation, no clarity on changes and as such no confidence can be placed in the BBC following their own codes of practice in the future.
The same culture will rear its head again, unless some form of editorial changes have been made.

It could be that the air has been cleared in private and we are not to be told the ins and outs.
Fine, but my air hasn’t been cleared, not by a long way. I suspect many bears will be the same.

Spot on. I feel the same as you anyway.

Great that we played the long game. Anything to do with the new European tv highlight packages ?

Expect singing to be a topic they will become experts in again on a Celtic losing weekend.

Well, singing wasn’t on the agenda on a Celtic losing Thursday night, when Leverkusen horsed them 4.0 at the theatre of screams.

It genuinely was disgusting that night mate. FTQ about 20/25 times ?

Well, it’s only taken them 7 years, but I think we can ignore the language of mutual reconciliation and smugly wallow in the fact these jokers have been forced into a grovelling apology of mega-FOMO proportions after everything we’ve achieved over the past couple of seasons.

Interestingly most media outlets are focussing on Stewart’s spat with Traynor as the catalyst rather than the initial brouhaha with Skeletor, but I think we can all assume this clown will remain persona non grata in and around Govan.

I may be in the minority here, but this is good news. Although, I hope that baldy, speccy, woman repellent, Chris McLaughlin gets minimal access, if anything at all.
Fair comment and great summation of a ugly repulsive oddball.

"The BBC acknowledges that there have been occasions when parts of the coverage of Rangers FC have not met its editorial standards. It has apologised for those instances and is happy to repeat those apologies now."

That isn't an apology. Weasel words from a rotten organisation.

I tend to agree. While I think it is better in principle to not be at war I objectively do not rate the BBC in terms of their actual coverage and quality of presenter. Add to that their open nationalist bias at an institutional level, I have not time for them and consider them an outdate relic as far as our club are concerned. They have fuelled division with our club, players and fans as the targets so playing nice now will do little to erase the messaging that has been ingrained onto the public perception.

Exactly Pliskers, this was a conscious plan by the BBC in my opinion.

I think they must have been coming under real fire nationally to back down line that. Almost like the pro SNP bias, the attack last week on our troops and the stand off with the largest unionist club in the UK is painting an uncomfortable picture for them.
Think you're right. I have a feeling the power holders at the BBC South will have taken this by the scruff of the neck and sorted it out. When you have the European exposure that we have had recently questions will be asked.
Glad it's sorted but the cynic in me says not for long, probably around 12.30 on the 30th.

I thought we were sailing along quite nicely without these pigs anywhere near our club or our ground, so I am a little disappointed that we are about to accommodate them once again, id say our board have fairly short memories having accepted an apology from them after the years of shit and lies they have spouted, lets not forget the damage from that period has been done, I can only hope that the BBC scum are verbally abused and made to feel very uncomfortable every time they set foot in our stadium.

Which specific dig or falsehood was he peddaling that prompted the recent apology from the ginger parasite?

Stewart bastard has so many fucking snide remarks in his back catalogue that I've lost track of what the most recent one was which resulted in him waving the surrender flag.

You are talking a victory into a defeat.

"The BBC acknowledges that there have been occasions when parts of the coverage of Rangers FC have not met its editorial standards. It has apologised for those instances and is happy to repeat those apologies now."

That isn't an apology. Weasel words from a rotten organisation.
Let's have a full list from the snivelling paedo hiders.

Bet we could add hundreds too it.

McLaughlin was also called out for telling lies about the Rangers directors, I'm not sure how that was dealt with, but it was bang out of order at the time.
Anyone remember the outcome of that?

No way was it a decade
No chance Whyte, Green or any of the Spivs would stick up for the club so it had to be post King taking over which means after 2015

Sorry its the DR, but this was 2012 and the start of the current situation

As much as people would like to tell them to shove the apology and continue without them at Ibrox there are fans who cannot make games for various reason`s who have had no way of hearing commentary from Ibrox or interview`s with management and players.

I am aware the BBC weren't banned and my post didn't insinuate they were. My understanding was McLaughlin wasn't banned either , though he had his press privileges removed .
This was always my understanding. That he had just had his press credentials removed.

May be semantics, but technically he wasn't banned from going to Ibrox, he just had to buy a ticket like the rest of us as I understood it.

That said, it effectively is a moot point as he couldn't attend the press access areas he needed to to do the job, so tomayto-tomahto...

It’s very important for a certain generation. My grandfather can’t go to games anymore, he listens to the radio and that was radio Scotland for live coverage. It was hard to explain why Rangers are never covered anymore he’s from a different generation that had a different experience with the BBC.
Does he have internet ?

Back