Middleton choosing Hibs over NAC Breda?

WinkieWATP

Is this going to prove to be a mistake on young Glen's part? I think had he went to Holland it would have helped him improve as a player far more than going to Easter Rd.

I would reckon there is a change in management on its was at easter road. Depending on who they bring in, Hibs could begin to actually play football, or might resort to the hoofball that livingston have played so far in order to get some points on the board.
The warning signs should have been there for him when we didnt really have to go through all the gears to skelp the 6-0 early on in the season

Gaining experience in the league his parent club are in, and if he performs he will get a lot more exposure, coverage & praise.

None of us would of expected Hibs to be so poor. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

The dutch second tier is full of colt players and poor sides in general a think in principle it's better for him in our league

But just not Hibs where the manager is a halfwit and plays central mdifelders out wide rather than wingers. If he gets the sack a can see Glenn getting in the team under the new manager

I would reckon there is a change in management on its was at easter road. Depending on who they bring in, Hibs could begin to actually play football, or might resort to the hoofball that livingston have played so far in order to get some points on the board.
The warning signs should have been there for him when we didnt really have to go through all the gears to skelp the 6-0 early on in the season

6-1. Cant believe you've forgotten scott allans pass. Shame on you.

Hibs will sack Heckingbottom soon enough anyway. They're the worst organised team in the league and the numbers back that up.

Is this going to prove to be a mistake on young Glen's part? I think had he went to Holland it would have helped him improve as a player far more than going to Easter Rd.
He will play most games n the league that hopefully he will star in with rangers... kent went abroad and hated it.. look at the young lad who left dundee utd n signed for sporting.. has that improved him...

I don't think it was a poor decision but I do think that Glenn has to be doing better if he isn't getting started for a poor team in our league. Would we bring him back and start him when Hibs don't? He should be the best player in a poor team, he's a sub. I like him but this could be the challenge that makes him. If he isn't the best player there, we're more likely to sign the player that is and let him go.

Unlike many on here I am not an expert on Dutch lower league football, but I am fairly confident that it's pretty shite.

I can see why he went there to get gametime in a league he will be playing for us in the future.
But personally would rather he went to the dutch team.
TBF he looked promising when he came on.

I know Gerrard said it was left to Glenn to make the final decision but I am sure that if they felt it would benefit him and Rangers more if he went to Breda, then he would have been told where to choose.

He maybe didn't feel like going abroad - however, it was a bad move really. It would have been a much better move football wise.

Personally I think learning a different style of football in a foreign country is more beneficial. He would more than likely be a starter for Breda, while he's being given scraps for a shite Hibs team, coming on when the game is more than likely already lost.

He looked a better option last season than Barker has looked this season.

Early days I know but he would surely have got decent minutes at Rangers this season.

Two minds about this:

a.) Breda would be a more technical game in a different leave, not HIVs
b.) He’s learning to play in the SPFL Prem, a league he could help us win

He may live to regret not listening to or taking SG's advice.

And what a disgusting club to choose.

Two minds about this:

a.) Breda would be a more technical game in a different leave, not HIVs
b.) He’s learning to play in the SPFL Prem, a league he could help us win

Both good points. If he hadn't already spent a significant amount of time at Norwich I would have preferred him to have gone somewhere outwith Scotland, but he's done the time away from home/family/friends so not much to be gained from that perspective.

Remember loads of posters saying how we should loan our players to other SPL clubs so that they would be stronger against the filth. Always seemed a poor argument to me - as Glenn's loan is showing, it won't make a blind bit of difference if our loaners are surrounded by shite.

Both good points. If he hadn't already spent a significant amount of time at Norwich I would have preferred him to have gone somewhere outwith Scotland, but he's done the time away from home/family/friends so not much to be gained from that perspective.

Remember loads of posters saying how we should loan our players to other SPL clubs so that they would be stronger against the filth. Always seemed a poor argument to me - as Glenn's loan is showing, it won't make a blind bit of difference if our loaners are surrounded by shite.

His family are actually in Northampton (I am 95% sure) so wherever he plays is away from home.

To win the league we need to beat SPL teams and he’s learning to do that more on loan at HIVs than he is on our bench, really.

That said, he’s been on the bench twice for them in the last 2.

Back