Mitrovic incident yesterday

If you are saying they are remotely similar then you are wrong

Fernandes - small nudge, no aggression, doesn’t even look at the lineman

Mitrovic - went for the referee, up in his face, aggressive push. Red actively backing away and him getting closer and more provocative to the point others players feel they need to intervene to stop anything from happening

Btw I hate fernandes too
I posted to clearly show the difference between the two incidents.

If it was Rashford he would get a 1 match ban.
Talking about 10 for Mitrovic which to me is out of order.

Don't think we'll see him play again this season which is a shame for Fulham as he has been fantastic for them.
Did Roy Keane et al ever get a ban for ther actions again Andy D'Urso all those years back? I know there were no hands laid on him but it was much worse intimation from what I recall

Mitrovic is looking like someone who was one inch away from a square go.The guy lost all composure and his actions were totally over the top.If that had happened outside he would have possibly been stookied by someone looking to defend themselves.

Clearly people don’t like Fernandes but it’s part of his game and got him where he is today… and dare I say it there’s many of us who wish Rangers had a captain that was as aggressive (and unliveable to others) ??

Mitrovic will get a lengthy ban. For the way he acted with that ref and for the bigger picture message to lower level football - which is where the real problems lie. Any sign of refs being abused has to be dealt with strongly because the problems are really bad for refs doing kids games or even sunday league games.

The officials need to be protected from physical contact/aggressiveness. If you put hands on the ref you deserve a lengthy ban.

If you let someone in the top flight get away with this then some referee in grass roots football will be getting punched because of the example not being set.

If it was Rashford he would get a 1 match ban.
Talking about 10 for Mitrovic which to me is out of order.
Absolute nonsense.Physically accosting a match official,should always be the line in the sand,at any level.Automatic 12 match ban Imo.

Fulham manager and two Fulham players.
Saw the manager get the red. Assumed the one after that was for Mitrovic (the Willian one) then he seems to flash it at Mitrovic again, but that was only his first. The footage in the thread is much clearer than what I saw yesterday.

Pathetic the way they all went on after the incident (Man U and Fulham playes) then when the ref clearly stated he was waiting on VAR they are still surrounding him and shouting in his ear. Would love if he just started showing all of them.yellow and reds and game got abandoned lol. Footballers have absolutely no respect these days.. needs nipped in the bud now or its going to get a whole lot worse for these type of situations

The guys an arsehole and should be banned a minimum 10 games. Some on talksport saying he’s setting a bad example to kids but I think even kids are too bright to grab a ref. His managers another balloon who was stamping about the tunnel like a petulant wean after his red card.

Ridiculous reaction from the idiot.
The only way he would get away with that carry on with no more than a good talking to would be if he wore the green & grey shirt

Deserved red and the ban could well be used to make an example of Mitrovic.

I did enjoy a clown on my social media give the opinion “did Di Canio get a ban when he shoved the ref? No, s.n.owflakes these days man”

Deserved all he got,hothead that lost it as did his manager .
Managers complaint was that a penalty incident in the 1st half wasn't looked at :oops:.20 mins from the end and a goal to the good .WOW.Thats what you call simmering:D
Fernandes comes across as a spoilt brat but no way the 2 incidents can be compared .
The hand ball by Willian......blatent and he knew it from the moment it happened. Tried to say his hand was by his body. Back of net camera said different .
No idea what all the discussion is about tbh.Clear as day decisions

Kavanagh is an inexperienced ref, thought he handled Silva poorly and that had a knock on effect to Mitrovic. I’d also say he could have handled awarding the penalty better, basically did it and gave the red card in Mitros face. Probably should have gone down to the box, spoken to William and said look mate I’ve reviewed it, it’s a penalty and by the letter of the law it’s also a red. He’s clumsy in the way he handles it bearing in mind a) what’s just gone on with Silva and b) Mitro is obviously agitated and work up.
That being said, player very quickly goes too far. For me I’d say 6 game ban, he’s not a dirty player - averages a yellow every 5/6 games.

Kavanagh is an inexperienced ref, thought he handled Silva poorly and that had a knock on effect to Mitrovic. I’d also say he could have handled awarding the penalty better, basically did it and gave the red card in Mitros face. Probably should have gone down to the box, spoken to William and said look mate I’ve reviewed it, it’s a penalty and by the letter of the law it’s also a red. He’s clumsy in the way he handles it bearing in mind a) what’s just gone on with Silva and b) Mitro is obviously agitated and work up.
That being said, player very quickly goes too far. For me I’d say 6 game ban, he’s not a dirty player - averages a yellow every 5/6 games.
He’s been an EPL ref since 2017 and taken charge of over 100 games in that division alone.

Back