Mitrovic incident yesterday

The officials need to be protected from physical contact/aggressiveness. If you put hands on the ref you deserve a lengthy ban.

If you let someone in the top flight get away with this then some referee in grass roots football will be getting punched because of the example not being set.

I was about to post the same. It will filter down to the youth games.

It's disgusting that this behaviour is any where acceptable.

I have witnessed grown men at the side of the park threaten the referee for doing a wee side job. Okay the guy might not have been great but neither was the dross served up.

He’s been an EPL ref since 2017 and taken charge of over 100 games in that division alone.
He’s been an EPL ref since 2017 and taken charge of over 100 games in that division alone.
He hasnt really been recognised and awarded either big domestic finals or regular European/international games (not a CL level ref?).
He’s had three red cards and he’s not spoken to any of individuals involved before showing the cards, I’m not sure he handled it nearly as well as he could, or as well as an experienced (CL/international) ref may have done.

If you are saying they are remotely similar then you are wrong

Fernandes - small nudge, no aggression, doesn’t even look at the lineman

Mitrovic - went for the referee, up in his face, aggressive push. Red actively backing away and him getting closer and more provocative to the point others players feel they need to intervene to stop anything from happening

Btw I hate fernandes too
I dunno. Think you're letting Fernando's off the hook a bit. I think Mitrovic is worse but Fernando's was slighly aggressive. Should've recieved a ban for it.

Last edited:
Yeah fair point.

One of the things i find worrying up here is the officials putting their hands on tims players.

Not aggression the crawling i mean its more cuddling them and way too friendly.
The far side assistant on Saturday couldn’t keep his hands off the Murderwell players. Walsh couldn’t keep his hands off Van Der Veen when he should’ve been booking him.

The officials slipped up with Fernando. He should have been disciplined for his push on the linesman , but Mitrovic’s was aggressive and attempted intimidation. He may well have struck the referee if others hadn’t got between them.
He needs to get 10 games suspension , the manager and Fulham also need to be subject to a hefty fine.

The far side assistant on Saturday couldn’t keep his hands off the Murderwell players. Walsh couldn’t keep his hands off Van Der Veen when he should’ve been booking him.
Yeah the message is quite clear we are here to help, a lot of its for the tv right enough and i can understand why they fear the press.

I dont mind Walsh and never noticed it this time i have only ever seen them hug Celtic players/manager/subs or our opponents.

Although its a completely different attitude and not aggressive like the Fulham incident, if you feel the players should never ever put their hands near the refs(and i did say i totally agreed with the poster) then you must feel its time for refs in Scotland to stop going in for a huddle as soon as they start to pressure him.

Kavanagh is an inexperienced ref, thought he handled Silva poorly and that had a knock on effect to Mitrovic. I’d also say he could have handled awarding the penalty better, basically did it and gave the red card in Mitros face. Probably should have gone down to the box, spoken to William and said look mate I’ve reviewed it, it’s a penalty and by the letter of the law it’s also a red. He’s clumsy in the way he handles it bearing in mind a) what’s just gone on with Silva and b) Mitro is obviously agitated and work up.
That being said, player very quickly goes too far. For me I’d say 6 game ban, he’s not a dirty player - averages a yellow every 5/6 games.
Mitrovic caused the situation where he was in the refs face by barging him, shouting at him and pushing him back. The ref had no alternative!

Mitrovic caused the situation where he was in the refs face by barging him, shouting at him and pushing him back. The ref had no alternative!
Andre Marriner, who was the fourth official, has been blasted for his sarcastic attitude towards referees at his own son’s youth matches. And I have known other referees to have the same attitude to their own colleagues in private.

Andre Marriner, who was the fourth official, has been blasted for his sarcastic attitude towards referees at his own son’s youth matches. And I have known other referees to have the same attitude to their own colleagues in private.
Which has zero to do with a Serbian hothead barging, pushing and shouting at the ref looking for a fight.

Needs to be getting hammered, for being named in the same company as di Canio is shameful enough.

Not sure about the charge against Silva for kicking a water bottle “in the direction of the assistant”, come on, did he kick it at him or not? That’s a bit vague.

Which has zero to do with a Serbian hothead barging, pushing and shouting at the ref looking for a fight.
I’ve played and coached with and against many Serbian players. I have found 90% of them have that behaviour in their locker.
I wasn’t surprised in the slightest to see him react as he did.

Back