Morelos nine attempts at goal.

Will never criticise our main man who single handily has got us of more scrape this season than i can think of. At least he got those chances. All he has to do is play his normal game and stop listening to all the white noise about not scoring against them and he we score plenty. Chill Buff and you'll be fine.

All strikers go through spells when the ball just won’t go in.
It’s how he reacts to that and what he does about it. Composure and trying too hard was his problem today.
I‘ll take that any day against some guy who can’t be arsed.

I'm not making Alfie a scapegoat. I'm merely stating that if our most prolific scorer has twice as many chances as the entire opposition and fails to bag at least one then surely there has to be questions asked.
Did he hit target with majority?
Their keeper is MOTM, tells the story.
Sometimes ye just lose, doesn't need to be someone's fault all the time.

The penalty was too much for me.

Morelos has been outstanding this season, his discipline has been tremendous. I don’t care what anyone says though, he needed a goal against them.

I’m lost for words after that, im not sure how I back him.

My biggest concern is that when things don’t go well for Morelos we don’t seem to win. You need other players to step up if you want to win titles, but he has an off day we can’t seem to do the business.

Which is ironic in a sense because it’ll be Morelos who’ll be punched and kicked repeatedly in the coming week.

And also for whatever reason him and Defoe just dont work together. If they did he'd still be useful for his work rate but anytime they're on the pitch at the same time the team gets worse
I thought Defoe should’ve replaced him. If we could’ve kept the same service to Defoe I think he’d have taken one, but having both on seems to change the team all together.

The penalty was too much for me.

Morelos has been outstanding this season, his discipline has been tremendous. I don’t care what anyone says though, he needed a goal against them.

I’m lost for words after that, im not sure how I back him.

We wouldn’t be in the final or anywhere near the top of the league without him, we sure as hell wouldn’t be on the brink of qualifying for the knock out stages of the Europa league without him, so if that’s how you feel my suggestion would be that you go and find another team support. I’d suggest Juve, 8 titles in a row so it’ll be a lot easier to muster up support for their players when the going gets tough.

The keeper had a blinder today.

The penalty was a shocker.

The chance at the end he needs to hit the target.

He had an off day today like he did midweek, we really need him to bounce back against YB.

Folk writing him off, asking him to be sold etc. need to stop supporting us.

The chance at the end was the one for me, he’s so clinical from this angle and it’s probably his favourite finish.

We were all over them for 90mins and dominated them all over the park. A stone wall penalty denied and their offside goal. Foster was motm.

Unfortunately it was just one of those days for us.

I never paid attention to the score against Celtic patter but you have to today

It's a cup final.

But the overreaction to a guy on here who's scored 25 for us this year is mental from some.

He needs one to go in off his arse and then he's up and running

Scoring with the penalty kick would & should have put that anomaly to bed.

The missed penalty will take a while to get over, for fans and for Alfie himself. His other attempts forced good saves from Forster, though you could argue for the one he hit across goal (first half) and Forster saved with his leg he hesitated for a half a second too long.

The fine line of the headlines of how morelos was a danger to their defence the whole game and scored the penalty that we went on to win the cup with is right here.
I thought he played well today and only their goalkeeper stopped him being the hero.
The penalty miss will be how his final is defined on here and in the media,he is still a great striker for me and I feel sorry for him tonight.
We were robbed today,a goal that never should have stood and a great goalkeeping display handed them the win.

Anybody that tries to pin this on morelos can get fucked quite frankly,after I go home tonight I will keep away from here and social media so I don't hear the knee jerk reactions or the gloating from the likes of sutton

Yes and he made most of them himself most on target doubt Foster will play like that again.
Go and find another scapegoat .

This...

He hit a poor penalty but otherwise came up against a giant of a goalie in inspired form. Very unlucky with turn and shot at the end, missed by a bawhair. Im gutted for the young man, he gave his all and didn't hide.

I love Alfie, he’s an amazing player but he cost us the game today ... I’m sorry to say it but those chvnts are in his head !!!

Alfredo has much to learn. A lack of composure, luck and an outstanding goalkeeper undone him today.

Why would it be a concern for them? They had virtually a 100% strike rate albeit it was offside

Because they created very little in the way of any chances (technically none, if the rules are correctly applied).

Whilst Rangers created a barrowload, slicing through the Scum defence on many instances.

Do you get it?

who cares if Alfie never scores against the poets just as long as some one does in a blue shirt, boydy never scored against them either , he was unlucky today and apart from the penalty miss all his shots were on target against a keeper on good form

We really lack goals from midfield and expect Morelos to win us every game at times. When he has an off day we struggle as in the last two games.

Looking at the stats domestically a big gap exists between Morelos and Defoe and our 3rd top scorer in Jack on 4 goals.

All success teams have a 10-15 goal a season midfielder something we lack.

Last edited:
I'm not concerned.

In my opinion, Alfredo's shots were all of good quality, barring the penalty, which was a little tepid, and barring one that was blasted over the bar, and even then, it was a challenging shot to take on. On another day, those tight angled shots go in and are not saved -- he hit them all sweetly and solidly enough, like he always does.

Overall, Morelos remains a player that offers us a compelling blend of technique and raw power.

Last edited:
Any striker who misses as many clear cut chances as we had today is going to take some criticism.

That goes with the territory of being Rangers centre forward.

Similarly, a player who regularly puts the poets to the sword can quickly attain hero status (Loverkrands, Albertz and Super step forward)

Other than the penalty, point out the 'clear cut' chances?

The ones I remember were him making the chance himself and they were at tight angles.

Not making excuses for him, but your opinion of a 'clear cut' chance and mine seem to be different tonight.

Perhaps the one that went wide around the 92nd mark could be construed as a half decent chance, but again it was him turning the defender that gave him the opportunity in the first place.

Edit; Just remembered the header, were I agree, he should have scored.

Not Alfredos best game today by a long way but the thing is he has demonstrated over the last 2 years that he is Incredibly coachable . I’ve no doubt with the help of the staff at Auchenhowie he will learn from today. I’m also hoping he will now be even more determined to play his part in bringing us success.

Any striker who misses as many clear cut chances as we had today is going to take some criticism.

That goes with the territory of being Rangers centre forward.

Similarly, a player who regularly puts the poets to the sword can quickly attain hero status (Loverkrands, Albertz and Super step forward)
He never missed them all as most were saved by a once in a lifetime performance by an opposing keeper, Alfredo hit the target time after time, his penalty was a shocker as he should have put his laces through it

In the most important game he had one of those days.
Sadly as i keep saying i just can't see him doing it against them.
If he can't compose himself from 12 yards what chance has he got.
Will admit weird choice for Morelos to take pens when hes never took one before and the way he was playing would rather Tav tbh.

As some rightly say, on another day he would have scored 2/3. For me though I think he needs to be more cute and make better decisions. Three of his shots the keepers saved with his legs, I think he needs to look up and roll one of them through his legs instead of continually sticking the laces through it.

Wtf has happened to the Rangers support, we lose a a cup final that was there for the taking & there's some that don't seem too bothered, they seem more upset at criticism of Morelos.

Morelos is our main striker & deserves criticism for failing to score today, I'm not talking about the abuse that Ally used to get back in the 80s, but he scores, we win

Having said that we need more goals from the midfield

Because they created very little in the way of any chances (technically none, if the rules are correctly applied).

Whilst Rangers created a barrowload, slicing through the Scum defence on many instances.

Do you get it?

Do you get that they scored from virtually their only chance, albeit it was offside, no point crying about whether it technically was a chance or not, they scored from it

Do you get that they scored from virtually their only chance, albeit it was offside, no point crying about whether it technically was a chance or not, they scored from it

Yes, i get that.

I also get that your perspective is simplistic in the extreme and not reflective of the way the game unfolded; merely a black/white conclusion reached solely on the strength of the final score and nothing more.

To disregard the many ways in which we dominated the scum, all over the park - the fact that their goal chance only occurred due to an illegal player position; missing myriad chances, including a penalty - is simplistic in the extreme.

You've previously asked "whats wrong with the Rangers support" in this thread - suggesting some, like me, are not bothered by the fact we've failed to win a game that we 100% should have...

However, I think you'll find the ones who seem "not bothered" simply have a different perspective; one which is likely benefiting from a wider, more considered angle when compared to the stuff you're posting.

we're all hurting, but i think you're talking shite.

Alfie is destined never to score against them. It’s one of these rare anomalies. I had the utter most dread when I saw it was him to take the penalty.

But not that rare for our strikers against them. Kenny Miller must be the last striker (2nd spell) who scored consistently against them.

Obviously their strikers have had a bit of a shooty in against us recently. But if you want to win trophies and league in Scotland, we need strikers we know can score in OF games.

We wouldn’t be in the final or anywhere near the top of the league without him, we sure as hell wouldn’t be on the brink of qualifying for the knock out stages of the Europa league without him, so if that’s how you feel my suggestion would be that you go and find another team support. I’d suggest Juve, 8 titles in a row so it’ll be a lot easier to muster up support for their players when the going gets tough.

How about he scores a penalty?

No? Ok.

But don’t you care come after guys like me who think we deserve better.

I love Morelos, I really do, but that penalty is unforgivable.

His efforts at goal and decision making today were woeful. The penalty miss too.

He was poor in midweek as well.

An absolutely fantastic player but doesn't escape criticism. You can't miss a penalty in a cup final.

Back