Morelos nine attempts at goal.

Yes, i get that.

I also get that your perspective is simplistic in the extreme and not reflective of the way the game unfolded; merely a black/white conclusion reached solely on the strength of the final score and nothing more.

To disregard the many ways in which we dominated the scum, all over the park - the fact that their goal chance only occurred due to an illegal player position; missing myriad chances, including a penalty - is simplistic in the extreme.

You've previously asked "whats wrong with the Rangers support" in this thread - suggesting some, like me, are not bothered by the fact we've failed to win a game that we 100% should have...

However, I think you'll find the ones who seem "not bothered" simply have a different perspective; one which is likely benefiting from a wider, more considered angle when compared to the stuff you're posting.

we're all hurting, but i think you're talking shite.

Lolz... if anybody's talking shite just read back what you posted.

The only thing that matters in a cup final is the final score, not chances missed therefore a cup final is black & white , winners & losers, there's nothing in between, unfortunately we lost a game we could & should have won...that's what goes in the record books

What is this wider, more considered angle you speak of?

Because they created very little in the way of any chances (technically none, if the rules are correctly applied).

Whilst Rangers created a barrowload, slicing through the Scum defence on many instances.

Do you get it?

They started without their main striker.

They played a non event like Morgan.

That meant the ball never stuck upfront and enabled us to start attack after attack

Is thumb done or is he injured?

It’s head in the sand stuff if we think Morelos is just unlucky against the Tims.

He’s played 11 games and missed countless sitters.

Other than Jack, Alfie had all our shots.

Blame him all you like, but where was the midfield? 4 of them contributed no shots in a game we dominated

To be fair Kent and Arfield both his woeful efforts at goal too, but your general point still stands.

Folk talking about missing clear cut chances, like they were sitters. Fact is, most of the chances he fashioned by himself. The penalty was shocking but he came up against a guy having the game of his life.
Their whole back line didn’t have a clue how to prevent him getting shot away most on target.
I back him to do the job next time.

who cares if Alfie never scores against the poets just as long as some one does in a blue shirt, boydy never scored against them either , he was unlucky today and apart from the penalty miss all his shots were on target against a keeper on good form

I came on to post this . Forced myself to watch the highlights and was expecting by the reaction from some Alfie to be skying shots into the stand or missing sitters . He hit the target nearly every time the other two slid a bawhair last the post , he came up against a goalie who had some game , it happens .

As for the penalty yes it wasn’t great but foster goes the other way everyone says great penalty . He hit the target and foster was two yards off his line it should’ve been retaken and we all know it .

Scunnered yes but actually after seeing the higjkights Alfie utterly ragdolled them and make no mistake they know it .

Let’s win the Scottish cup and keep hunting them down in the league . Test their resolve and let them know despite their never endin fc luck we aren’t going away .

and chin up Alfie lad 25 goals and counting

I love the guy and well aware the difference he has been so often, but even his biggest fan has to admit that the main reason we never scored today was Alfredo's poor finishing.

His general play was really good, but Rangers strikers need to score goals in these games. Balanced criticism for him today is deserved.

Folk talking about missing clear cut chances, like they were sitters. Fact is, most of the chances he fashioned by himself. The penalty was shocking but he came up against a guy having the game of his life.
Their whole back line didn’t have a clue how to prevent him getting shot away most on target.
I back him to do the job next time.

That’s always been the case with Morelos on here, almost every chance he misses is a ‘sitter’ no matter where it’s from.

Morelos will never score against them.

Can't be too hard on the guy as his goals are why we are two points off the top of the league and have the opportunity to go through to the next round of the Europa league but he has a mental block when it comes to scoring against them.

This is hysterical nonsense. Strikers as good as Alfie don't get nine shots away against teams they have a 'mental block' over. He hasn't been at his best the last couple of games but nine shots from a guy that has netted 25 times this season and you conclude he will never score against them? Your dissapointment has scrambled your brain.

In the most important game he had one of those days.
Sadly as i keep saying i just can't see him doing it against them.
If he can't compose himself from 12 yards what chance has he got.
Will admit weird choice for Morelos to take pens when hes never took one before and the way he was playing would rather Tav tbh.

He has took one for us before and scored.

I don’t care about any other days or if King Kong was in goal he never scored a penalty he’s the reason we lost his woeful finishing.

Or like Porto x 2
Or like YB

He has a big monkey on his back against them but he continually wins us games elsewhere.
I was told last night that these are not pressure points because we weren’t expected to win them.
I guess It’s amazing what must go through your mind when the ball is coming to you at the speed it does.

We wouldn’t be in the final or anywhere near the top of the league without him, we sure as hell wouldn’t be on the brink of qualifying for the knock out stages of the Europa league without him, so if that’s how you feel my suggestion would be that you go and find another team support. I’d suggest Juve, 8 titles in a row so it’ll be a lot easier to muster up support for their players when the going gets tough.

Say whatever you want, I don’t care.

I’m a Rangers fan, not a Morelos fan.

He let us down yesterday (again) but there’s no point arguing with you as you can’t see any faults in him.

Morelos is the reason we just lost a cup final, due to his inability to score against Celtic.

People on here kidding on that's its not a concern that he missed 4 or 5 sitters, a penalty and never scored against Celtic ever in 2 and a half years is a joke.

Clearly doesn't have the bottle of a top striker, he could have scored 5 today. Difference between us and them, Dembele scored about 6 against us, while our strikers bottle it every single time

Say whatever you want, I don’t care.

I’m a Rangers fan, not a Morelos fan.

He let us down yesterday (again) but there’s no point arguing with you as you can’t see any faults in him.

Morelos is the reason we just lost a cup final, due to his inability to score against Celtic.

Well you’re obviously as competent at reading my posts as you are at supporting our best players. Everyone knows what you’re all about when it comes to Morelos (who is a Rangers player the way, so you really ought to be a Morelos fan), you don’t particularly care for him, you have a fairly big chip on your shoulder and have been a bitter lemon since he began to make you eat your words and ultimately showed your previous views on him to be comically wide of the mark.

But yes of course he’s the reason we lost, it wasn’t because they scored an offside goal, it wasn’t because we had a second penalty denied, it wasn’t because their keeper played a blinder, it wasn’t because Gerrard’s substitutes hampered us for the final 20 minutes, and it wasn’t because once again no one else in the team stepped up to seize control and fashion a goal. We lost because of Morelos. I’ll tell you what, you and Chris Sutton would get on like a house on fire, you could definitely bond through your mutual dislike of Morelos.

Ultimately his form this season has a mockery of your previous statements RE Morelos and that’s why you’re the ‘fan’ who in spite of him being the primary reason we’re anywhere near the top of the league/on the verge of the Europa KO rounds/were in a cup final, is talking about not being able to back him anymore, and the ‘fan’ who’d rather seize the opportunity to put the boot in (much like every tarriar in the land). Yeah some ‘fan’ you are, like I said the club and the players don’t need your kind. Of course you ‘don’t care’ so I’m sure you’ll have no issue with my pointing this out and will subsequently blank the post.

Header should have been in the back of the net. Difficult not to conclude that his finishing cost us the game. Goldson and one other should have been doing better with their headers early in the first half too, wouldn’t have hurt for any of our other players to have tested Forster also.

I’ll only criticise him for two, the penalty miss when Lurch was 5 yards off his line and taking a shot when he should have pulled it back to Kent, the rest, he’s a striker that’s his job.

Last edited:
I’ll only criticise him for two, the penalty miss and taking a shot when he should have pulled it back to Kent, the rest, he’s a striker that’s his job.

I think Kent was covered by Brown (I think it was) at that chance.

9 attempts on goal, 6 on target.

2 of the ones that went wide were very good efforts from difficult angles. One ballooned over the bar.

The rest? Maybe hit them too well. Penalty was poorly placed - seemed to opt for power but, if the keeper goes the right way, he is always saving that.

On another day, he has a hat-trick.............

I recall Albertz missing at least one penalty at the Girodome - only to be bailed out by Klos and Rod Wallace. It happens!

If Albertz was confident - he placed it. If not, he blasted it. Morelos blasted it.

The biggest positive for me was Morelos kept going! He never went into a shell. He kept trying.

Football is a weird game at times.Some players score against certain teams all the time while seemingly not being able to score against others when presented with similar chances.
Durie was at Rangers for years and a decent player for us but never managed to score against them.
Think there is now definitely some sort of mental block with him when it comes to them. Might be coming from over thinking when a chance is coming to him instead of doing it instinctively like he does the rest of the time.Or simply as this run of not scoring against them goes on he's putting more and more pressure on himself and slightly tenses up when chances arrive.Either way you now have to say it's a thing now and has been for some time.

I think the top SPL goalscorer in the last 20 years(?) is Kris Boyd.

IIRC, he scored ONCE against Celtic.............

Well you’re obviously as competent at reading my posts as you are at supporting our best players. Everyone knows what you’re all about when it comes to Morelos (who is a Rangers player the way, so you really ought to be a Morelos fan), you don’t particularly care for him, you have a fairly big chip on your shoulder and have been a bitter lemon since he began to make you eat your words and ultimately showed your previous views on him to be comically wide of the mark.

But yes of course he’s the reason we lost, it wasn’t because they scored an offside goal, it wasn’t because we had a second penalty denied, it wasn’t because their keeper played a blinder, it wasn’t because Gerrard’s substitutes hampered us for the final 20 minutes, and it wasn’t because once again no one else in the team stepped up to seize control and fashion a goal. We lost because of Morelos. I’ll tell you what, you and Chris Sutton would get on like a house on fire, you could definitely bond through your mutual dislike of Morelos.

Ultimately his form this season has a mockery of your previous statements RE Morelos and that’s why you’re the ‘fan’ who in spite of him being the primary reason we’re anywhere near the top of the league/on the verge of the Europa KO rounds/were in a cup final, is talking about not being able to back him anymore, and the ‘fan’ who’d rather seize the opportunity to put the boot in (much like every tarriar in the land). Yeah some ‘fan’ you are, like I said the club and the players don’t need your kind. Of course you ‘don’t care’ so I’m sure you’ll have no issue with my pointing this out and will subsequently blank the post.

I’m not interested in arguing with you.

Morelos let himself and us down again yesterday. If you can’t see that or don’t want to admit it then that’s your issue.

I don’t care who scores the goals. I want to see Rangers win.

We currently have a striker who’s completely incapable of scoring against our biggest rivals. You seem to think that’s ok, I don’t.

Can't be too hard on the guy as his goals are why we are two points off the top of the league and have the opportunity to go through to the next round of the Europa league but he has a mental block when it comes to scoring against them.

I'm sorry. Mental block!?!? His header into the ground SHOULD have been in and unsavable. Technically he did everything right for that chance, but Forster played out his skin and somehow even manager to scramble that clear.

The reason he didnt score today (though it seems strange to say) wasnt actually his fault. Even the penalty was on target. Forster guesses wrong way, and its called a cool confidwnt finish. Their keeper played an absolute blinder. MotM and they'll be wring songs about him. And not because he only had easy saves to make from a striker with a "mental block"!

I think the top SPL goalscorer in the last 20 years(?) is Kris Boyd.

IIRC, he scored ONCE against Celtic.............

It's totally moot though, talk of Durie is totally moot (not from you, but the general point of Durie)

The talk about how Morelos is the only player who scores, the only one making changes it is sort of redundant, everyone knows that is the case - our manager knows that, we stylistically play in such a way to create Morelos chances and on numerous occasions that happened yesterday

We do that because we know he is our best player, we remunerate him to such an extent, we are openly advising we will reject bids to reflect the retention of him.

The talk of "well if it wasnae for him"

if it wasn't for him we would take 10 million plus etc, take the wages and spend it in another way, most likely tactically invest in other areas of the team - it's all just goal post moving to disguise what is a failing now.

Talk of %^*& Celtic, same thing - aye %^*& them etc but until we have a Number 9 capable of scoring against them, we most likely won't win much.

It isn't really that inconceivable to think we could go into the market with 10 million plus and find a player who can score against Hamilton, in Europe AND against Celtic.

Any striker who misses as many clear cut chances as we had today is going to take some criticism.

That goes with the territory of being Rangers centre forward.

Similarly, a player who regularly puts the poets to the sword can quickly attain hero status (Loverkrands, Albertz and Super step forward)
A lot of them were not clear cut though the penalty aside if memory serves?

I love Morelos but he just can’t seem to score against them and he’s has plenty chances the last 3 seasons he plays well against them but hopefully the 29th

No he did not there was a lot that went against us that game, offside goal, another stonewall penalty not given, penalty taken keeper was off line etc etc.

He does his job we lift the cup we gave him plenty of chances to work with he blew it I don’t think that’s even debatable tbh.

We've got problems when our main striker goes this long without a goal against the bheggars.

Morelos has scored against better sides but he's yet to score agaisnt them - and that's where he will be judged as they are the ones we are trying to stop, our rivals.

Boyd scored goals against better sides but couldn't hit a barn door when it came to playing agaisnt them. He got it in that neck.

Those chances land at Edouards feet/head and he's putting at least one away.

The penalty was too much for me.

Morelos has been outstanding this season, his discipline has been tremendous. I don’t care what anyone says though, he needed a goal against them.

I’m lost for words after that, im not sure how I back him.

Does HE need a goal against them!?!? Or do you need him to score against them cause thats what the media are telling you? Are you seriously saying you'd care one jot about this chat if we'd won 1-0 courtesy of a Ryan jack screamer?

Look at his goals in europe (many of which have had a FAR greater baring on the club and his career than any would have been yesterday)... in Morelos's head a goal against celtic would have been no more important.

He was a constant threat to them yesterday and one of the main reasons any observer will agree we deserved to win!

Lolz... if anybody's talking shite just read back what you posted.

The only thing that matters in a cup final is the final score, not chances missed therefore a cup final is black & white , winners & losers, there's nothing in between, unfortunately we lost a game we could & should have won...that's what goes in the record books

What is this wider, more considered angle you speak of?

The one I just highlighted!

Lolz indeed.

Hope you're feeling a bit more realistic today.

Never! ..... lol

People on here kidding on that's its not a concern that he missed 4 or 5 sitters, a penalty and never scored against Celtic ever in 2 and a half years is a joke.

Clearly doesn't have the bottle of a top striker, he could have scored 5 today. Difference between us and them, Dembele scored about 6 against us, while our strikers bottle it every single time
wow, I'm speechless at this. The mentalists are taking over

Back