Morelos warned to be careful by former strike partner

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
Is Kenny Miller hinting he will get his Livi defenders to wind Alfredo up?

Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos must be wary of reacting to being targeted by defenders, says Kenny Miller.

The Colombian was dismissed in Sunday's draw with Aberdeen after appearing to aim a kick at Scott McKenna but Rangers have challenged the decision.

Last season Morelos was booked 12 times, including six of his last seven games, and former team-mate Miller says his discipline could prove costly.

"He needs to be careful," the Livingston player-manager said.

"I'm not saying I'll be telling my players to do this but you can target him. You can target him because that's not a one-off incident.

"You only need to look through the games last season to see the flashpoints that he was involved in.
"McKenna has put two quite strong barges on to him there and he's reacted but it's the reaction that always gets punished."

Miller and Morelos played together at Ibrox last season, scoring 23 goals between them.

Rangers have submitted an appeal to overturn the red card shown to Morelos in the 12th minute at Pittodrie.

Ibrox manager Steven Gerrard said he believed his player had been provoked into the incident.

"The disappointing thing from our point of view is he's been barged twice quite clearly," said Gerrard.

"There was major provocation, but we need to try and use it to our advantage."

While an appeal hearing will take place for Morelos, the Rangers manager is unlikely to face disciplinary action from the Scottish FA on the back of his post-match comments.

"It looks like some more decisions will go against us as the season goes on," he said.

"It's not just today, it's been happening for a while. I believe it's been happening for seasons."

Rangers host NK Maribor on Thursday in the first leg of their Europa League third qualifying round tie, before facing St Mirren at Ibrox in the Premiership on Sunday.

yawn-animated-gif-4.gif

To be honest as a defender you would be all over Morelos to get a reaction. It’s up to Morelos to stay calm and to use his performances and goals to do the talking.... otherwise be assured he will cost us more points than he potentially will score goals.

I know its en vogue to slag Kenny but if you look at the words he actually said then it's not really anything to get excited about.

I tend to agree.

Most SPFL managers will be saying the same, difference is the BBC didn't ask the others.

Alfredo needs to understand this will happen more often he needs to screw the nut and take the hits he will become a better player for it and shut the scumbags up with putting the ball i the net

Where are all these incidents last season when Alfredo was kicking off, I’m pretty sure if he was, he would have had a few reds for it. This nonsense agenda all started with Brenda last season prior to the first old firm game, if Brenda says so it must be true eh?

Or how about this Kenny...Officials who see that the young Rangers striker is being subjected to an unprovoked assault by a Neanderthal and actually do their job by sanctioning the Neanderthal for assaulting said striker...oh Hold on, that doesn’t fit the agenda, Morelos is petulant and therefore should just accept being assaulted with alacrity...Silly me!

Is that not a bit “classless” to be speaking about how to noise up a specific opposition player?

Our manager says we’re a better team than one we dominated with 10 men and he’s criticised.

Miller speaks openly about character flaws in a person and that’s fair game?

%^*& him, the gobshite that he is.

I know its en vogue to slag Kenny but if you look at the words he actually said then it's not really anything to get excited about.
Of course it isn’t. He was almost certainly asked about it and gave an honest answer. Any manager would tell their defenders to try and noise him up. I’m sure we do it as well if opposition players have a short fuse.

Making it seem more likely that he probably was causing trouble in the dressing room and around the club.

He's been asked a question and he's only answering it honestly.

Morelos has got a short fuse and every central defender he plays against will try and wind him up.

That's football.

Mountain and mole hill.

Miller is an absolute media whore.

He’s just now able to perform the duty himself, rather than run to others.

He will trump Boyd when it comes to the weekly pish.

I’ve always reserved commenting too much on my thoughts on Miller but after reading that it’s 100% certain in my mind he’s only ever out for himself and is no friend of ours.

Shooo your spoiling the thread.:p

Since when is it only the reaction that’s punished?

Fair enough if he’s responding to a verbal insult with a slight kick but he’s reacting to two blatant off the ball barges.

Also he goes on to spread the myth that Morelos is a hothead, something which has been thrown at him and Ryan Jack from day 1 from the media.

Miller knows exactly what he’s doing with those comments.

If he had any respect for Rangers he’d of said nothing.

If he had any compassion for Rangers he’d of said something like “you only need to look at some of the games Rangers played last season to see Steven Gerard’s comments are legitimate”

Or “I’ve seen it first hand that club gets nothing from anyone in Scotland”

I can remember him always being up in arms/shaking his head in disgust at some of the ‘decisions’ we faced so he’s either wiped that from his memory or he is toeing the party line as it suits him to be on side with the media.

Best for him to concentrate on management in his first job rather than comment on other teams players in the press that don’t concern him.

I see Kenny Miller is following the Kris Boy route already of talking about us all the time when he should be focusing on his own team. We are going to have this all season aren't we?

Since when is it only the reaction that’s punished?

Fair enough if he’s responding to a verbal insult with a slight kick but he’s reacting to two blatant off the ball barges.

Also he goes on to spread the myth that Morelos is a hothead, something which has been thrown at him and Ryan Jack from day 1 from the media.

Miller knows exactly what he’s doing with those comments.

If he had any respect for Rangers he’d of said nothing.

If he had any compassion for Rangers he’d of said something like “you only need to look at some of the games Rangers played last season to see Steven Gerard’s comments are legitimate”

Or “I’ve seen it first hand that club gets nothing from anyone in Scotland”

I can remember him always being up in arms/shaking his head in disgust at some of the ‘decisions’ we faced so he’s either wiped that from his memory or he is toeing the party line as it suits him to be on side with the media.
I was responding to a post that didn’t give Miller it tight though. The treatment of AM is wrong and has been since day one but he gives opponents exactly what they want in the same way we used to tease Alan Thompson and get similar results.

AM needs to box clever as he is a marked man, he is young and will learn to smile and hurt the opponents where it really hurts them by scoring. I’m

Thank god we're rid of him tbh.

Resident mouthpiece who just can't help himself.

Latest posts

Back