Most frustrating teams to support in Britain right now

Leeds had a few good seasons during the 70s and won a title in 92 apart from that they are average English club who have spent about half their lifespan outside the top flight and play in a Rugby town.

When Revie took over they were 4th best supported team in Leeds after cricket and BOTH rugby codes. He made them...they're not a big team as such, just a team made by one giant of the game.

On a more serious note surely Villa and Birmingham?

UK's second largest city, lots of rich people and rich suburbs, stadiums in place, and in Villa's case a fantastic history of trophies, large crowds and being a 'top team'. They started losing it during SKY/EPL boom in 90s and have been huge losers in that process, alongside Everton. Two huge clubs who made very little of the new PR boom and fell away....while non entity clubs took full advantage of the cash, coverage and kudos.

Liverpool or Spurs

two big names and no english premier league title .....we can have our own moments in Scotland but I believe our fortunes will come before them 2 have theirs
Liverpool are one of the most successful clubs in the world. There was football before the premier league.

As a Leeds supporter I'd have to say Leeds. Everytime they look like pushing on and getting somewhere they come up short thanks to a lack of investment. I'm hoping they might do something this year but they pick up a ridiculous amount of injuries.

I dare say there's a few clubs fans in the Championship that feel similar, Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday a couple of examples.
hope leeds failing continues

So we're agreed they are a club with understandable frustration?

Right!

That list is a joke. Do you just see "lists" and "stats" and believe them?! lol

All cities eventually "spill over " their outdated city limits, and that's exactly what cities like Brum and Manchester and Glasgow have done. They are all much bigger than Leeds. On most lists Leicester has a bigger population than Nottingham for example, but Nottingham has long expanded out over it's original city boundaries, and is ofcourse bigger than Leicester.

Biggest cities in the UK

1.London
2.Birmingham/Manchester
3.Glasgow
4.Liverpool
5. Leeds

Right!

That list is a joke. Do you just see "lists" and "stats" and believe them?! lol

All cities eventually "spill over " their outdated city limits, and that's exactly what cities like Brum and Manchester and Glasgow have done. They are all much bigger than Leeds. On most lists Leicester has a bigger population than Nottingham for example, but Nottingham has long expanded out over it's original city boundaries, and is ofcourse bigger than Leicester.

Biggest cities in the UK

1.London
2.Birmingham/Manchester
3.Glasgow
4.Liverpool
5. Leeds

Right!
I apologise unreservedly for being wrong. I concede Leeds is nowhere near the 3rd biggest city in the UK. I should have checked the populations before posting. I will inform my Leeds supporting mates that they should no longer be frustrated at being stuck in the Championship.
Just for clarity, where did your "list" come from and why should we believe it?
This "list" with "stats" says your "list" is wrong http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/united-kingdom-population/cities/
I'll keep an eye out for your posts as I can never get enough smarminess.

Right!
I apologise unreservedly for being wrong. I concede Leeds is nowhere near the 3rd biggest city in the UK. I should have checked the populations before posting. I will inform my Leeds supporting mates that they should no longer be frustrated at being stuck in the Championship.
Just for clarity, where did your "list" come from and why should we believe it?
This "list" with "stats" says your "list" is wrong http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/united-kingdom-population/cities/
I'll keep an eye out for your posts as I can never get enough smarminess.

lol hey no probs mate !

BTW you should visit Wakefield. Then somewhere like Nottingham.According to "Your" list Wakefield is bigger than Nottingham lol

Hey I don't wish to be/appear smarmy so apologies.

Leeds is a big city I agree.And yeah it's booming right now. :)

lol hey no probs mate !

BTW you should visit Wakefield. Then somewhere like Nottingham.According to "Your" list Wakefield is bigger than Nottingham lol

Hey I don't wish to be/appear smarmy so apologies.

Leeds is a big city I agree.And yeah it's booming right now. :)

I think we can both see that no two lists are the same. Both lists I've cited are not mine, they are just lists and contradict "your" list which may or may not be accurate. No matter because I really don't give a feck as none of this concerns Rangers :p

Cant have been a lot of fun being a Sunderland fan the last few years. They cant even laugh at Newcastles troubles, because they're in a lot deeper.

Back