Musings on a championship game (Rangers interest included)

theweeman

Official Ticketer
At Ewood this afternoon.

Firstly, the championship is a pure blood and thunder league which, as much as people decry, is hugely entertaining.

Rothwell (we're allegedly interested in) who scored Blackburn's first goal looks exactly like Kevin Thomson, physically and playing style. Literally looks his twin. Unfortunately, for all parties, he's about 50% the player of KT and a mile off what we need. Very busy, scored a goal but utterly anonymous otherwise.

Blackburn have a defender on loan from Brighton named Van Heck (or similar) who is fantastic. Not the quickest, but postionally superb. Very like Helander. I'll say this - we should sign him now.

A winger for Coventry, Dabo was absolutely electric. He swapped sides at half time and terrorised throughout. The boy is a baller.

Overall, Coventry played some incredible football. I no idea who their manager is, but they play s hugely attractive brand of football.

As I write this, Rothwell got MOTM. For the home team, yes. Overall, a mile off.

Randomly saw this link with Rothwell come up on a you tube video last week. If our management team see something in him and can improve and mould him with better coaching like they did with Kamara then fair enough. Tbf I know next to nothing about him, so thanks for the insight.

Last edited:
Back