National Flags at the rear of the Copland Front

Empire

@Empire1872 - Twitter
Staff member
I’d like to see this reintroduced. I’m guessing whoever it was maybe changed seats or just can’t be arsed with it with it anymore which I suppose is fair enough.

But when I think back to seasons past especially from McLeish era to Walters final spell, you’d regularly see the flags of the some of the countries of our players pinned up the back of the Copland Front. Was always a nice touch I felt. Croatia, France, Bosnia, Spain and USA are ones I can remember seeing plus a few others now and again.

Could now have;

Croatia
Columbia
Portugal
Mali

Maybe not Nigeria for big Sadiq though due to the colours :D

Any ideas who it was that was doing it or why it stopped?

I’d like to see this reintroduced. I’m guessing whoever it was maybe changed seats or just can’t be arsed with it with it anymore which I suppose is fair enough.

But when I think back to seasons past especially from McLeish era to Walters final spell, you’d regularly see the flags of the some of the countries of our players pinned up the back of the Copland Front. Was always a nice touch I felt. Croatia, France, Algeria, Bosnia, Spain and USA are ones I can remember seeing plus a few others now and again.

Could now have;

Croatia
Columbia
Portugal
Mali

The Nigeria flag could be added, after we see how he does. We are open to all. :D

But when I think back to seasons past especially from McLeish era to Walters final spell, you’d regularly see the flags of the some of the countries of our players pinned up the back of the Copland Front. Was always a nice touch I felt. Croatia, France, Algeria, Bosnia, Spain and USA are ones I can remember seeing plus a few others now and again.

Could now have;

Croatia
Columbia
Portugal
Mali

Didn’t know there was an issue regarding Nigeria, although smarty pad has just popped up the Nigeria flag and I do see your point now.
Don’t want anybody from the Ivory Coast signing though.
(Only kidding, by the way)

Could now have;

Croatia
Columbia
Portugal
Mali

You forgetting England?

They were my flags, well my mate and I (mate no longer goes). Rules were simple .... red, white and blue or derivatives of. We made an exception with Arteta and Novo and whilst we had the Union Flag we also had the saltire and the RHoU too. Didn’t renew at the time of the season ticket dilemma and when we all decided to get tickets it was after renewal date and those that had renewed had relocated to our seats. Now happily ensconced in GF6 in a group of 16. Flags and hooks etc were all our doing and would be easy to repeat if the seat occupiers are inclined. Stadium guys even put the hooks back in after a change of advertising :D. While on it if the occupier of CF Row AA Seat 110 reads this ...... if my name is still on the seat can I get the plate to glue it on my new seat? :D

Last edited:
I am a flag buff and it is great to hear from the bear responsible. I now understand why we never saw the Algeria flag. Whilst accepting your reasoning I think it is excellent to see the flags from all the countries. Those that care understand, those who don't know the flags don't matter.Sincerely hope the appropriate bear restarts the tradition, I for one would be happy to subscribe if a fund was required. What do others think?

They were my flags, well my mate and I (mate no longer goes). Rules were simple .... red, white and blue or derivatives of. We made an exception with Arteta and Novo and whilst we had the Union Flag we also had the saltire and the RHoU too. Didn’t renew at the time of the season ticket dilemma and when we all decided to get tickets it was after renewal date and those that had renewed had relocated to our seats. Now happily ensconced in GF6 in a group of 16. Flags and hooks etc were all our doing and would be easy to repeat if the seat occupiers are inclined. Stadium guys even put the hooks back in after a change of advertising :D. While on it if the occupier of CF Row AA Seat 110 reads this ...... if my name is still on the seat can I get the plate to glue it on my new seat? :D

I sat two rows in front of you guys for a few years when I took my mates brothers ST. Him his brother and old man have been at the ledge on the exit for about 30 years now.

Want me to get my mate to get your name screw drivered off? :D

Think the players would appreciate this, especially the non Brits.

Not a fan of UJ covering all home nations though. There should be both. We're not just British or just Scottish, English, Welsh or Ulster. We are both. Something that some people on other threads lately seem to have lost sight of somewhat. Would love to see far more Saltires at Ibrox anyway for many reasons. But that's another argument altogether.

I am a flag buff and it is great to hear from the bear responsible. I now understand why we never saw the Algeria flag. Whilst accepting your reasoning I think it is excellent to see the flags from all the countries. Those that care understand, those who don't know the flags don't matter.Sincerely hope the appropriate bear restarts the tradition, I for one would be happy to subscribe if a fund was required. What do others think?

;)

Used to order the flags online at £5 a time all 5’ x 3’ :D. Next to no cost at all. My mate got his wife to machine them together and he got screw in hooks for the advertising boards and stick on plastic ones for the wall (extras were used to hang jackets :p) and the rest was done with elastic bands :D. Started when he asked for a USA flag while I was on holiday so I got it and we put the Union Flag beside it. Grew from there. Never went paramilitary or controversial just no green! :p No welsh flag then ;).

As for the name plate ...... providing he doesn’t get in bother :p

Well done sir. Always liked looking over to see what flags were up when I sat in GF

There was no chance of green being displayed. Refused many offers from folk who wanted Italian flag for big Amo, Portuguese for Mendes and likewise when Big Boogie signed. Green free zone. Sad and childish we were called. It’s ma ba’ I replied :p
I remember a thread years ago with some loonball going daft and calling you shitebags for not having a Brazil flag when we signed Emerson.

Hopefully we don't sign anyone from the Ivory Coast !! Could get awkward! :D
1514317598_739721_1514317827_noticia_normal.jpg

Love this idea, get it done

Also like how the Chelsea fans have banners around Stamford Bridge of all of their overseas fan clubs, etc. Would love to see this, all around Ibrox between the tiers and at the ends of the Copland, Broomloan and Govan. No reason why we can’t as long as no slogans or anything controversial

actually it would in hindsight be brilliant if we did sign an ivorycoast player, those sad twats from the east end would be laughing at us thinking we had flown there tri color the wrong way round! hee hee

Most of those sad twats will never acknowledge their republican flag actually has orange on it and NOT gold as they tell themselves!:p

W.A.T.P.

Excellent post. Love it.

Remember the guy got quite a bit of complaints on here because he refused to bring any flags with green on it. Probably just wasn't worth the bother.

Back