Official New CCO Appointed - Karim Virani

I hadn't heard of the socios company before but doing some Googling doesn't fill me with confidence. West ham signed up in April, by the June, fan groups were up in arms about it all. The only reason I worry about this, is Rangers mention he comes from the 'Worlds leading fan engagement platform , Socios." Time will tell if we go down that road....

Interesting appointment and see where the next area for growth is for the club commercially. I'm still thinking there will be a push to focus on in Asia. Whether that's India or Korea for example

Interesting appointment and see where the next area for growth is for the club commercially. I'm still thinking there will be a push to focus on in Asia. Whether that's India or Korea for example
We’ve already started in India, as evidenced with the Bengalaru partnership and our partnership with the Indian football federation.

Coincidentally, I have became friendly with quite a few Indians over the past couple of years and only one of them knew about us, whenever he’s here he goes to games and loves it.

The others that liked football were more of the touristy Man United types.

Not for me.
I don't care about his skills or business acumen.
In the photo attached to the article he is wearing an open neck shirt!
No tie or cravat.
Unstruthian and totally unacceptable.

There, just getting the usual mental reasons on the thread so others don't have to.

All joking aside, welcome to our club.

I think Barclay and Dickson role will merge will it not?

Zeb Jacobs replaced Mulholland I assume, but I would not be surprised if there is no rush to replace Wilson, if at all.
Not sure, I thought Dickson done the admin work for the footballing side too, which is surely a role in itself?

I'd also be very surprised if we didn't get another DOF. There's a reason most clubs have one, footballing departments are massive these days and having someone organising the background work and letting the manager focus on the team is helpful.

We’ve already started in India, as evidenced with the Bengalaru partnership and our partnership with the Indian football federation.

Coincidentally, I have became friendly with quite a few Indians over the past couple of years and only one of them knew about us, whenever he’s here he goes to games and loves it.

The others that liked football were more of the touristy Man United types.
Yeah know about the Bengalaru partnership and the other Indian one was meaning pushing it out more. I think covid had slowed the plans down but have a feeling with next development phase this will be pushed hard. Just my opinion could be way off though.

A warm welcome to him.

He looks to have a good blend of experience, achievements, connections and drive.

I'm very positive about this appointment.

Another good CV. Good to see the club attracting talent, the new era seems to be really focusing on making the club more professional and modern

Can't be that big a deal if they can't post a pic of the guy's coupon on official site.
iu

Reading this fills me with great joy.

"I believe that Rangers has the potential to be one of the leading clubs in the world. I am confident that, together with the backing our supporters and club partners, we can achieve great things."
That was the very same paragraph that jumped out at me too BB.

Club World Cup 2025 here we come and then a starting place at the table of the new updated European Super League will do for me! :))

Back