New Edmiston House - What is going on?

Ticket office / portakabins have never been mentioned. The plan was for the existing shop to turn into a sports bar so I would assume the portakabins are being kept.
No, I definitely read the ticket office was either relocating to the existing club shop or the new edminston house. The portakabins are going. 100%.

Someone will be able to confirm.

No, I definitely read the ticket office was either relocating to the existing club shop or the new edminston house. The portakabins are going. 100%.

Someone will be able to confirm.
Definitely not club shop or ed house, multiple times Stewart Robertson and James Bisgrove have said on interviews that plan is to turn current shop to a sportsbar, portacabins will be going as they look to turn TO 95% digital and rest going into disused office space.

Definitely not club shop or ed house, multiple times Stewart Robertson and James Bisgrove have said on interviews that plan is to turn current shop to a sportsbar, portacabins will be going as they look to turn TO 95% digital and rest going into disused office space.
As long as the portakabins are getting binned that’s the main thing.

My information is there will be a very small TO situated within the new Edmiston house in the new club shop similar to what you find in Germany

I would imagine a few on here will have been to Chelsea's museum.We will probably get something about that size at the very most when you look at the plans.

Folk talking about a concert but I remember seeing the Drifters and the Cascades (who may have been the resident band) in the early 70's at Edminston House and it was great. This place looks massive compared to that. The sideburns and smell of Brut 33 and Chanel No.5 and the big Rangers ashtrays might have gone, but am still hoping for loads of cheesy music!

Folk talking about a concert but I remember seeing the Drifters and the Cascades (who may have been the resident band) in the early 70's at Edminston House and it was great. This place looks massive compared to that. The sideburns and smell of Brut 33 and Chanel No.5 and the big Rangers ashtrays might have gone, but am still hoping for loads of cheesy music!
People saying its not big enough are way off the mark and obviously don't go to a lot of gigs
The Barras is under 2k for example, we are not looking at hosting the Rolling Stones, the major issue with booking it out in advance is match day, in that we don't know when that will be the majority of the time

TO Moved to the new Edmiston house mate just made a phone call

Who did you call about that?

Not denying you might be right but any tickets I've seen mentioned there are in relation to ones to be bought for touring the museum.

Don't think I've heard anything about the TO operating out of the new building. Not sure where it'd go unless they're using an area set aside in the concern area for TO operations during the week.

Photo from today.
One guy actually working on it (well pushing a wheelbarrow)
Hard to make a call on the size of it at this stage,but looks reasonably decent size.

04-F1354-F-6684-4-CEF-8990-073183-E7334-A.jpg

that is not the ticket office which you said, after you phoned someone
That’s right I stand corrected. Small TO will be based in new club shop in museum similar to what you see in Europe. Majority of ticketing operations online. Portakabins scrapped, finally. About twenty years too late but at least it’s getting done. Eyesore and blight on the club.

That’s right I stand corrected. Small TO will be based in new club shop in museum similar to what you see in Europe. Majority of ticketing operations online. Portakabins scrapped, finally. About twenty years too late but at least it’s getting done. Eyesore and blight on the club.
Never really understood what the big problem with the portacabins was or is, i just want a ticket, not to be wined and dined

On the subject of size, I think one reason there was initial scepticism is that it's a smaller footprint than the old EH.

Maybe the space will be better organised but it's not going to be large enough to make a significant impact on matchday. As mentioned the lack of serving space will impact the downstairs open area whilst the upstairs cafe is tiny if that is even open on matchdays.

Also, the infrastructure for a 1500 space concert venue looks lacking to me - count the downstairs toilets and look at the size of the bar space.

Never really understood what the big problem with the portacabins was or is, i just want a ticket, not to be wined and dined
Because they were put up as a temporary measure 30 years ago and are a complete eyesore and embarrassment. Will lift the whole place in one fell swoop getting shot of them.

You could take the same attitude with your pub” never understood the big problem with just a basic spit n sawdust bar, I just want a pint don’t care about decor or facilities etc” but thankfully you don’t you run a nice Rangers pub.

Why would it be any different for people going into Ibrox to purchase tickets or speak to a member of staff?

Because they were put up as a temporary measure 30 years ago and are a complete eyesore and embarrassment. Will lift the whole place in one fell swoop getting shot of them.

You could take the same attitude with your pub” never understood the big problem with just a basic spit n sawdust bar, I just want a pint don’t care about decor or facilities etc” but thankfully you don’t you run a nice Rangers pub.

Why would it be any different for people going into Ibrox to purchase tickets or speak to a member of staff?
I agree with having staff to speak to face to face, that imo is a basic requiremen, the difference between The Louden and the ticket office is that you onlu go in for a minute to pick up a ticket where you go into the Loouden for a day out, I happen to believe the better the pub, the better the clientele behaves

I agree with having staff to speak to face to face, that imo is a basic requiremen, the difference between The Louden and the ticket office is that you onlu go in for a minute to pick up a ticket where you go into the Loouden for a day out, I happen to believe the better the pub, the better the clientele behaves
I agree with you but the idea of it being okay to have a ticket office stuck out in a grey portakabin in 2022 just isn’t up to standard we want for our club and with it downsizing I think it is not before time we got shot of them as part of improving the surrounds of the stadium in 2022. It will also make sense encouraging tourists to come into the new facility to see the museum, club shop etc as well as to buy a match ticket etc.

On the subject of size, I think one reason there was initial scepticism is that it's a smaller footprint than the old EH.

Maybe the space will be better organised but it's not going to be large enough to make a significant impact on matchday. As mentioned the lack of serving space will impact the downstairs open area whilst the upstairs cafe is tiny if that is even open on matchdays.

Also, the infrastructure for a 1500 space concert venue looks lacking to me - count the downstairs toilets and look at the size of the bar space.
Where has this 1500 came from, and what size was the footprint of the original Edmiston House and what is the size of the New Edmiston House?
Do you actually know?

Where has this 1500 came from, and what size was the footprint of the original Edmiston House and what is the size of the New Edmiston House?
Do you actually know?
1500 was the number quoted by the club as the venue event capacity for standing crowds.

The footprint comparison was on the original plans showing the offset of the new footprint superimposed on where the previous structure stood.

1500 was the number quoted by the club as the venue event capacity for standing crowds.

The footprint comparison was on the original plans showing the offset of the new footprint superimposed on where the previous structure stood.
The figure I seen was 1300, not sure if that is still the case. Either way, I think it was a brilliant idea to have concerts in there
Possibly 100 and over throught the year, will certainly help the Club

It was actually 1300 standing mate. Not a huge difference but we are as well getting it right. Extract of the ‘blurb’ is posted earlier in the thread for reference.

Went to Porto’s equivalent when over for the Braga game , shouldn’t have :D , it was absolutely world class

Back