New Edmiston House - What is going on?

It was actually 1300 standing mate. Not a huge difference but we are as well getting it right. Extract of the ‘blurb’ is posted earlier in the thread for reference.
From the planning drawings it looks like the audience area is approximately 20m x 25m so 500m2.
At an approximate ratio of 2.5 people per m2 the 1300 capacity seems ok. I don't know what is legally allowed for a standing concert but I have been at gigs where it seems to have been more than this.

The bar looks to be about 8-10 m long (hard to tell from the plans) but I would guess this would be about OK.
I am sure the servicing areas (kitchen facilities, bar etc.) have all been mapped and are all of the correct size, layout etc. to be able to cater for the numbers required depending on the type of function.

I guess the toilet facilities are again, what is legally required for the amount of people who could be using them.

It may not appear to be big enough, but I think it will be fine, but i guess it depends on what peoples expectations are.

Cheers for the update. Just seems it’s been in the same state for months on end.

It looks tiny also. Has the scale been cut back?
Fear not, it will look much bigger inside once it’s complete, kitted out internally and clad.

It’s like seeing the skeleton frame of a new-build kit house. Looks tiny when it’s a skeleton but then spacious when it’s done.

If you heard it from a builder then add 4 months.
He heard it from Bisgrove in an interview at the Scottish Office Reception a few weeks ago. Did Bisgrove get it from the Builders? Quite possibly. However, the ‘party line’ is ‘open by the end of the year’.

I just received the little model, I have absolutely no idea how big or small it will be, but I dont like the actual look of the building on the little model :) so i'm gonna have a rant about it. It looks like a little flat top car shed, But hey that's a personal thought and i'm sure there is plenty who do like it. :)

On a serious note, It will be a little disappointing if it's not built in 2022 just down to the significance of the year, but, hey we haven't had a museum as such and it's multi-use could be a earner for the club? so I would say even if it runs late in build, getting it built is the main thing, and if that means we need to wait until 2023 then so be it.

On the money side, if Rangers havent got enough to build from the fans/corporate then I would think the cash will need to come from the budget that may have been spent on the team, yes?

The museum will tell the story of our club rather than being an archive of our memoribilia etc,

Will likely have a number of digital presentations,
Be split in to decades from our formation to the present day,

I'm looking forward to visiting it like everyone else
That won’t really be a museum then.

a building in which objects of historical, scientific, artistic, or cultural interest are stored and exhibited.

We’ve heard for decades how the club has enough stuff to fill the trophy room x times over. I want to see that, not go on a virtual tour with touchscreens and videos. We get enough media - RTV, YouTube, socials etc.

Man U’s museum is bang on. There’s exhibits, trophies, shirts, caption plaques and unique items. You’re left to roam and peruse as you please. Each floor/section is split into it’s on era/subject, but is very much a museum.

I’m worried now that as we seem to be in the digital age, they’re going to outsource this to a company who are going to miss the mark completely. We don’t need it to be digital, the history speaks for itself.

a building in which objects of historical, scientific, artistic, or cultural interest are stored and exhibited.

We’ve heard for decades how the club has enough stuff to fill the trophy room x times over. I want to see that, not go on a virtual tour with touchscreens and videos. We get enough media - RTV, YouTube, socials etc.

Man U’s museum is bang on. There’s exhibits, trophies, shirts, caption plaques and unique items. You’re left to roam and peruse as you please. Each floor/section is split into it’s on era/subject, but is very much a museum.

I’m worried now that as we seem to be in the digital age, they’re going to outsource this to a company who are going to miss the mark completely. We don’t need it to be digital, the history speaks for itself.
I didn't come up with the idea

Listen to the curators interview on H&H.

Never really understood what the big problem with the portacabins was or is, i just want a ticket, not to be wined and dined
Of all the things to fix that would be somewhere near the bottom of the list. It's tucked away in a corner, it deals with largely fed up folk and tickets will soon be something we all laughed at 'remember the day when.....'

I think it should be knocked down and turned into a car park for match day revenue.
Then evict big Rab from the Louden (which will please some) keep his memorabilia for the museum in the bar area, hold small concerts in the back area, and there's an outside area for a pre and post match pint.
You get a free pie or ham roll when you visit the museum.
Evict the people from the bookies next door, and use that as a ticket office, which only opens on match days.
Apologies to the staff in the Louden who will lose their jobs, but you can't stand in the way of progress.

For reference, King Tut’s has a capacity of 300 for gigs.

The main ABC hall was 1,300 and the upstairs ABC2 was 350.
St Luke’s appears to be 450.

Anything in the realm of 300-500 could be a good venue and generate a decent income for the club. Slightly bigger would mean less competitors for the size, but potentially less performers who could break even without good ticket sales. We’re not going to be competing with the Royal Concert Hall or SECC for performers and you don’t want to create a venue that is rarely full. I’d like to know how it will be marketed and to whom.
That venue won’t just be used for gigs. We will also use it for the kind of player of the year and legends dinners that currently go to hotels, wedding receptions, small conferences etc I’m sure.

That venue won’t just be used for gigs. We will also use it for the kind of player of the year and legends dinners that currently go to hotels, wedding receptions, small conferences etc I’m sure.
It’ll be used for any event that will make money

maybe they should scrape the gigs side of things and have it just a club shop, museum ( of decent size )and a fanszone with bars ect
They have hired a guy to run the Gigs side of things. I think it'll be a big part of the income but as many say the building looks far too small for what has been proposed

maybe they should scrape the gigs side of things and have it just a club shop, museum ( of decent size )and a fanszone with bars ect
Far more likely to scrap the museum and concentrate on the side that will generate income for the club. I’ve always been of the opinion that a club museum would be a white elephant in terms of visits and revenue generation. A nice to have thing but that is all.

It’ll be used for any event that will make money
Agreed. So I definitely wouldn’t panic about how many gigs it will attract. Key thing is the pricing to attract people to hire it for gigs. And good acoustics, regular toilet maintenance and efficient bar staff to not piss off the punters.

Why build it to expand later? Surely it makes more sense to have done it at the start
It’s like buying a house. You buy it knowing that you can extend at a later date, if you feel you need it. The main thing is to get the house within what you can afford.

It’s like buying a house. You buy it knowing that you can extend at a later date, if you feel you need it. The main thing is to get the house within what you can afford.
I just don't work that way
Prefer to get it done in a oner. Hopefully with the money generated it starts paying for itself

Back