New Edmiston House - What is going on?

Not enough emphasis on "museum" for me looking at that promotional video

Think of what the Kelvingrove museum looks like with exhibits etc that's what I would expect

I think that’s what a lot of people are hoping for including myself, some sort of grand museum like the kelvingrove but realistically it will probably just be a corner or section with some memorabilia.

I think that’s what a lot of people are hoping for including myself, some sort of grand museum like the kelvingrove but realistically it will probably just be a corner or section with some memorabilia.
I think we have to accept the Main Stand building is actually a living, working, museum that can’t be recreated and the “museum experience” will really be an upgraded stadium tour, starting and ending in the new building but majoring on the existing “marble staircase/ trophy room” exhibits.
Initially I thought we were creating a stand alone, walk in museum experience but I think it’s more likely it‘ll be “tour inclusive access”.

I think we have to accept the Main Stand building is actually a living, working, museum that can’t be recreated and the “museum experience” will really be an upgraded stadium tour, starting and ending in the new building but majoring on the existing “marble staircase/ trophy room” exhibits.
Initially I thought we were creating a stand alone, walk in museum experience but I think it’s more likely it‘ll be “tour inclusive access”.
We are

If you listened to the curators interview on Heart and Hand you would know the answer to that.

That venue won’t just be used for gigs. We will also use it for the kind of player of the year and legends dinners that currently go to hotels, wedding receptions, small conferences etc I’m sure.
That’s good. I did wonder how many gigs we would be expecting. In that case it needs a bigger footprint than King Tut’s.

As far as the museum is concerned, it has to be an adjunct to what we have already. I wouldn’t expect the trophy room to lose anything. However, I hope to see some imaginative use of archive videos to tell the story of the club. Many years ago, when I did some work for Arsenal I was given a tour of the museum at Highbury. Things have moved on since then but one of the features I enjoyed was hearring George Graham narrate one of the videos. It felt more connected to the club than the voice of a journalist. McCoist would be my choice to narrate our story.

That’s good. I did wonder how many gigs we would be expecting. In that case it needs a bigger footprint than King Tut’s.

As far as the museum is concerned, it has to be an adjunct to what we have already. I wouldn’t expect the trophy room to lose anything. However, I hope to see some imaginative use of archive videos to tell the story of the club. Many years ago, when I did some work for Arsenal I was given a tour of the museum at Highbury. Things have moved on since then but one of the features I enjoyed was hearring George Graham narrate one of the videos. It felt more connected to the club than the voice of a journalist. McCoist would be my choice to narrate our story.
If they want a female voice narrator as well I thought Amy Macdonald was good on the Sat Football Focus tribute to Walter.

Last edited:
Back