Nice wee story re Willie Henderson

Christine1872

Official Ticketer
At the Davie Cooper Tribute Dinner, wee Willie told me he was bringing along a couple of items to help with fundraising. They were an autographed photo of Denis Law that he had personally given to Willie and a photo showing Willie crossing the ball for a goal against Celtic that he would sign for the winner. When he got to the stadium he was a bit flustered as he had got distracted on the subway and had left the photos behind. When he got to Ibrox he told the security guys and, to cut a long story short, they phoned SPT. Within half an hour, someone from the subway delivered them to Ibrox. Willie was ecstatic that he got them back and they sold for in excess of £200. Well done to the security guys and also the subway people.

At the Davie Cooper Tribute Dinner, wee Willie told me he was bringing along a couple of items to help with fundraising. They were an autographed photo of Denis Law that he had personally given to Willie and a photo showing Willie crossing the ball for a goal against Celtic that he would sign for the winner. When he got to the stadium he was a bit flustered as he had got distracted on the subway and had left the photos behind. When he got to Ibrox he told the security guys and, to cut a long story short, they phoned SPT. Within half an hour, someone from the subway delivered them to Ibrox. Willie was ecstatic that he got them back and they sold for in excess of £200. Well done to the security guys and also the subway people.
That's the real Subway Loyal right there.

Great story Christine, and well done Willie.

WATP

Would love to meet him, just listen to the stories and let him talk.
We had him at our Lodge a few years ago as the speaker at our installation. He was one of very few that stayed on a while after his gig. Great guy an his love for The Glasgow Rangers and His Father shone through. I’ve told it before on here, but it’s good enough to tell again. When Willie was turning senior he had reps from Everton , Man U , a few more teams and Rangers out at his house. His father sat in his armchair and the scouts shared the couch with Willie. His father grilled them about money. The Rangers guy comes out and he gets the armchair and money was never discussed.

Wait.

SPT isn’t a clandestine organisation set up with the sole purpose of inconveniencing Rangers fans via the transport system?

Next you’ll be telling me the road network just needs regular maintenance rather than setting up unnecessary works to stop bears getting home from Ibrox ffs.

Wait.

SPT isn’t a clandestine organisation set up with the sole purpose of inconveniencing Rangers fans via the transport system?

Next you’ll be telling me the road network just needs regular maintenance rather than setting up unnecessary works to stop bears getting home from Ibrox ffs.
I worked at SPT as a contractor for nearly 20 years and can confirm there’s many, many good bears there.

Back