Non-Rangers Winter transfer thread 22/23

What do Chelsea do with these 7/8 year deals when inevitably some of them don’t work out or when the manager doesn’t fancy them, or when Boehly becomes bored, they aren’t guaranteed CL money.

Might get them past the FFP for the time being but that’s a hell of a lot of money to be paying out with a squad of 33+.

Etienne Green is being linked with clubs in Belgium and elsewhere. He was supposed to be the next best thing but maybe hasn't kicked on as expected.

BHH :shh:

If Chelsea get Fernandez that will take their spending in this window to £320m. They spent almost £300m in the summer also.

That’s beyond bonkers :))

There was an interesting article on Pep & City in that if a player wanted to leave, they would try to find the best deal for the player/club rather than persuade him to stay.

Apparently he's had a falling out with Guardiola. Still a coup for Bayern.

Werder Bremen are punting Oli Burke to Millwall. I guess he was the fallback option for Nisbet.

Very strange from Pep and City just now. Getting rid of Zinchenko, Jesus and now Cancelo.

Things do not seem well at City just now.

I still can't get my head round them paying £160m for Grealish and Phillips. Two guys that are essentially subs and when they do play from the start they are offering very little. Guys like Walker, De Bruyne, İlkay Gündoğan, Mahrez getting into their 30's. Foden seems to have fell out of the picture a bit as well.

i agree hes been real average for Chelsea
Looked good at Palace so it would be a good move for Gallagher also imo. Don’t know if he is trying too hard to impress at Chelsea, making daft tackles and picking up silly yellows, or he just isn’t at the top end level.

As fantastic as Cancelo can be in might be a blessing in time for Pep when he actually ends up having to play a midfielder in midfield in the later stages of the CL rather than moving players like Cancelo all over the place.

It was only one game but I was taken aback by how sh*t Connor Gallgher was when I saw him playing in person at St James, he was horrendous

Chelsea with £105 million bid for Benfica's midfielder Fernandez out the traps early.
Eye watering.

Back