November 2012

The Brechin thunderstorm had got me even before that.
Just mind being relieved we still had a team at that point... the misery hadn't quite set in.

Dropping any points in that div was the worst results we have ever had.
There were many low points but losing to Annan at Ibrox with Kyle Hutton managing to find a blue shirt with literally zero of his passes during the game was the nadir for me. The single worst team and individual performance I have ever watched.

We’re you expecting us to go through it with a 100% record? Collection of Bosmans and journeymen? Football doesn’t work like that.
To be fair we did got league 1 unbeaten but yes with wages we were paying players compared to those in the league of course we should have went unbeaten

We’re you expecting us to go through it with a 100% record? Collection of Bosmans and journeymen? Football doesn’t work like that.

From the money aspect of it yes.

When you factor in the human aspect of it it would've been very difficult.

Add in Greenco and all the off field shambles and its little wonder we were still in turmoil.

Now we're in a good place and the perspective is completely different.

To be fair we did got league 1 unbeaten but yes with wages we were paying players compared to those in the league of course we should have went unbeaten
League One might have been the most depressing episode. The league was won by about December but McCoist insisted on playing a half-crippled Jon Daly up-front for the whole season.

9 points dropped in 9 games in the bottom league of Scottish football. I wish a slow lingering death on every bastàrd who done us over.

Horrific, add to that every single mentally challenged and their sister had crawled out from whatever rock they’d been living under and were all suddenly big fans of the beasts.
Anybody else notice the amount of them coming out the woodwork back in 2012?

Anticipating the easy asterisk years that would come.
Cùnts :mad:

You remind me of the posters saying it was ludicrous for people to expect us to be better than Gretna. :eek:

McCoist did his best to lower expectations to account for his abysmal failings. A point at Montrose was a “good result” etc Probably the only thing he did his best at whilst managing.

The only plus point from the whole thing is that we used to be back in the pub in Cumbernauld before 6pm after a 3pm Saturday kick off at Ibrox

I remember a lot of Rangers related things, but I have genuinely erased most of the lower league adventures from my memories.

Me too. I can remember daft things from games in the 70s and 80s but most of the players mentioned on here I'm struggling to remember what they even looked like. Terrible days indeed.

First game at Ibrox v East Stirling. Penalty conceded and scored by them in the first two minutes. That was a real “what the fuuuck !!” moment.

There was very little to smile about through that journey. Which will make 55 all the sweeter when it eventually happens.

You remind me of the posters saying it was ludicrous for people to expect us to be better than Gretna. :eek:

McCoist did his best to lower expectations to account for his abysmal failings. A point at Montrose was a “good result” etc Probably the only thing he did his best at whilst managing.

...what?! I’m saying it’s unrealistic to have expected to win every single game with a cobbled together squad. It’s sheer stupidity to have expected that.

It was as much a disasterous time and as shambolic an experience as anybody with a modicum of sense predicted it would be.

To think people actually wanted to go to the bottom league over the 1st division is mental. As stated at the time, we are still trying to recover from it 6 years later.

At least in the first division we could have kept some of our better players for a season and been back in europe quicker, lost less revenue, sold some players for transfer fees to help rebuild.

Of course the above would have been dependant on the owners, Chuckles and co. would still have been trying to steal every penny they could. The rest of the country wanted to hate itself to death as well mind you, so there was no other option for us.

It was as much a disasterous time and as shambolic an experience as anybody with a modicum of sense predicted it would be.

To think people actually wanted to go to the bottom league over the 1st division is mental. As stated at the time, we are still trying to recover from it 6 years later.

At least in the first division we could have kept some of our better players for a season and been back in europe quicker, lost less revenue, sold some players for transfer fees to help rebuild.

Of course the above would have been dependant on the owners, Chuckles and co. would still have been trying to steal every penny they could. The rest of the country wanted to hate itself to death as well mind you, so there was no other option for us.

Ah the "journey". I couldn't agree more, you'd have got shot down for even suggesting it on here back then, probably cos the unpopular Doncaster wanted us parachuted into the first division.

It was beyond grim. I remember going down for a pish at half time one of the games at Ibrox late in the season, think we drew 0-0 against Stirling. Turgid performance and absolutely baltic weather. Honestly never seen so many guys heading for the exits at half time. I couldn't blame them really.

Ah the "journey". I couldn't agree more, you'd have got shot down for even suggesting it on here back then, probably cos the unpopular Doncaster wanted us parachuted into the first division.

It was beyond grim. I remember going down for a pish at half time one of the games at Ibrox late in the season, think we drew 0-0 against Stirling. Turgid performance and absolutely baltic weather. Honestly never seen so many guys heading for the exits at half time. I couldn't blame them really.
If you went to the Louden at half time like we did a fair few times the pub was stowed to the gunnels

Grim days indeed. But yet we had people going mad over a 0-0 draw at Ibrox with Spartak Moscow.

We have come a long long way since Gerrard walked thorough them doors, and he will keep on taking us forward.

Back