Old Firm Red Card Analysis Since 83/84

Ferrybear73

I've just finished undertaking an analysis of red cards in Old Firm games since season 83/84, when I first started attending games. Unsurprisingly they get more reds than us at Ibrox and we get more at Parkhead. We have had significantly more reds overall however and by some way. Feel free to use this info as ammunition against the paranoid Tims :-

OVERALL RED CARDS :-
RANGERS 38, C*LTIC 26

RED CARDS AT Ibrox:-
RANGERS 6, C*LTIC 17

RED CARDS AT PARKHEAD:-
C*LTIC 6, RANGERS 27

RED CARDS AT HAMPDEN:-
RANGERS 5, C*LTIC 3

Maybe my next bit of research.

This is the kind of info a researcher employed by Rangers could gather and put together along with stats on the bias, double standards and lies by the media, politicians and others in positions of authority. If the club had bothered to start doing this when asked 20 odd years ago we wouldnt be perceived as racists and sectarian bigots now.

This is the kind of info a researcher employed by Rangers could gather and put together along with stats on the bias, double standards and lies by the media, politicians and others in positions of authority. If the club had bothered to start doing this when asked 20 odd years ago we wouldnt be perceived as racists and sectarian bigots now.
Bob Crampsey replied in the Evening Times to an inquiry about the number of penalties awarded in Old Firm games and Celtic were ahead, albeit by a few percent.

A Rangers fan examined the archives for sending-offs and cautions and showed Celtic were more leniently treated down the years.

It should be mentioned that before the 60s and 70s there were few sending-offs and bookings were rarer.

Aye, the penalty count would also be interesting OP. Just saying. ;)
Wouldn’t matter a jot.
The scum support are only interested in the ones they didn't get.
This includes imaginary ones where “the ref should have gave it as it might have been”.
(Amoruso‘s block in the 99 cup final.)

They harp on about 2003 league cup final and something went against them late on. Clearly ignoring balde twice grabbing a Rangers player by the neck and flinging them to the floor but not even a booking.

No point in research mate we receive red cards because we break legs of their cavalier wonderfully skillful players and they receive theirs to even up the numbers
They also only get penalties against us when we are winning by a few goals
c KDS

Bob Crampsey replied in the Evening Times to an inquiry about the number of penalties awarded in Old Firm games and Celtic were ahead, albeit by a few percent.

A Rangers fan examined the archives for sending-offs and cautions and showed Celtic were more leniently treated down the years.

It should be mentioned that before the 60s and 70s there were few sending-offs and bookings were rarer.

Imagine Rangers started issuing statistics with examples and references to the double standards, bias and lies by the press and media? There's so much evidence out there but its all allowed to just drift away. Anytime we bring this up we get dismissed as paranoid. We need the evidence. If we dont do this they'll continue to attack us and its not just about a few songs they dont like.

They harp on about 2003 league cup final and something went against them late on. Clearly ignoring balde twice grabbing a Rangers player by the neck and flinging them to the floor but not even a booking.
They got a late penalty and Hartson missed. They can complain about feck all.

There’s been stats posted in the past showing comparisons between domestic and European yellow & red cards.

in short, hygienically-challenged FC get to commit far more offences per card domestically than anyone else.

They’re about half of the domestic league cards per fouls committed, and around the average in Europe, same as us.

I've just finished undertaking an analysis of red cards in Old Firm games since season 83/84, when I first started attending games. Unsurprisingly they get more reds than us at Ibrox and we get more at Parkhead. We have had significantly more reds overall however and by some way. Feel free to use this info as ammunition against the paranoid Tims :-

OVERALL RED CARDS :-
RANGERS 38, C*LTIC 26

RED CARDS AT Ibrox:-
RANGERS 6, C*LTIC 17

RED CARDS AT PARKHEAD:-
C*LTIC 6, RANGERS 27

RED CARDS AT HAMPDEN:-
RANGERS 5, C*LTIC 3
Great research.
The red tops in Scotland will pick it up and run with it in their sports section, as it is the sort of stuff that makes for a good interesting article.
I have to go now, there is a cockney at my door with a bridge to sell at a bargain price.

I'm pretty sure they've also had more penalties but don't let facts get in the way of Timmy lies.
Yep, I posted the red card and penalty stats A few days back. Since Souness arrived we have had 26 penalties to their 35. When I did the research, I found from watching some of the highlights, the vast majority were stonewall penalties for both sides. Their conspiracy nonsense really has no foundation whatsoever.

Back