One Journalist Suggests Rangers Have a Case Concerning Referees

Expect some dodgy decisions to go our way in the next few weeks to show that they are not biased. But only at points in games where they dont actually help us get a result of course.

He spoiled an otherwise fairly decent article by trying to balance it all up at the end. Also, he coouldve pointed more to the Mhanks being the beneficiaries of several glaring errors against teams other than us.

The apparent push that Alfredo was punished for against Kilmarnock, Griffiths push on the lead up to Celtics 1st goal against Aberdeen can someone explain the difference(apart from the obvious)

There was no push. The defender mistimed his jump then fell about like a winged duck.

Personally I think Beaton disallowed it because it was Alfie. The demonisation of him as a cheat (his swan dive earlier didn’t admittedly help his cause) saw the ref blow almost out of habit.

“Ah, it’s Morelos. Must have been a push then.”

Again, our failure to even highlight it actually only serves to support that view.

One day we’ll learn how to play the game.

Or maybe not.:(

Regardless of your opinion about how VAR affects the game......it will provide a layer of accountability.....the most blatant decisions will be made obvious to those calling them.....

Right now we have after the match Twitter photographs or fan video footage

But after the match media content does no good at all!

That’s being said VAR will only come to Scotland if these awful refereeing decisions start piling up on the tims doorstep.....While the status quo is works in their favor they will have zero interest in changing anything.....

There was no push. The defender mistimed his jump then fell about like a winged duck.

Personally I think Beaton disallowed it because it was Alfie. The demonisation of him as a cheat (his swan dive earlier didn’t admittedly help his cause) saw the ref blow almost out of habit.

“Ah, it’s Morelos. Must have been a push then.”

Again, our failure to even highlight it actually only serves to support that view.

One day we’ll learn how to play the game.

Or maybe not.:(

I’m pretty sure Gerrard said it was a perfectly good goal..

Regardless of your opinion about how VAR affects the game......it will provide a layer of accountability.....the most blatant decisions will be made obvious to those calling them.....

Right now we have after the match Twitter photographs or fan video footage

But after the match media content does no good at all!

That’s being said VAR will only come to Scotland if these awful refereeing decisions start piling up on the tims doorstep.....While the status quo is works in their favor they will have zero interest in changing anything.....

I’d take VAR right now.

Off the top of my head, we’d be something like half a dozen points better off this season and may have won a bit of silverware into the bargain.

I have issues with referees. But I also have issues with Steven Gerrard’s reluctance to complain about them. Lennon has never allowed an opportunity to complain about referees, the SFA, Compliance Officer etc., either in his first spell when he caused a referees’ strike or in his current spell. As a result referees bend over backwards for his team.

Agree NS.

Lennon would go on the attack in a match where a ref maybe got 4 big decisions wrong or maybe wrong & pick the 2 that we’re possibly against his team & ignore the 2 that helped them.

So the headline is decisions hurt them in the game when in fact they maybe balanced out.

Example the ER draw earlier in the season.

I’d take VAR right now.

Off the top of my head, we’d be something like half a dozen points better off this season and may have won a bit of silverware into the bargain.

A lot of the decisions that have gone against us were that easy to see without the help of VAR, so who's to say that they would be referred for review even with VAR, or am I starting to sound paranoid !

The threshold was passed a long time ago – the Beaton vs Hibs game. Gerrard obviously has different things to consider, different reasons for doing certain things, so his threshold is different.

I totally agree with you, it's costing us points which is costing the club financially and is also costing Gerrard's managerial career – surely we're at the point that this outweighs his concerns about being perceived as a moaner/sour-grapes merchant or giving the refs a hard time? Complaining every time is what we need to do and I do think it would have an impact, but I also fear it's too late.

I wonder how much of this is down to the Referee summit that Gerrard attended last season about the abuse they get, the difficulty of their job and the effect manager's comments have on their life. It really seemed to have an impact on Gerrard and I think that's playing a part in him keeping quiet now... but it's time to start putting himself before the Referees when they're so blatantly shafting us/him.

I think the reason he came out on Sunday is he’s probably re watched the Killie game again & once again saw the clear impact of decisions in that match.

He should have come out after Hampden & then 29.12.

They were disgusting & blatant. Especially the latter.

He’s merely stating the facts. Not all of them. I haven’t missed many home games this season and the quality of the officials has been shocking. If my company performed to the same level for my clients I’d be out of business.

Expect some dodgy decisions to go our way in the next few weeks to show that they are not biased. But only at points in games where they dont actually help us get a result of course.

100% this. Happened before when it was suspect how few penalties we were getting- step up with 4 penalties in one matchto try and balance the books.

I think the reason he came out on Sunday is he’s probably re watched the Killie game again & once again saw the clear impact of decisions in that match.

He should have come out after Hampden & then 29.12.

They were disgusting & blatant. Especially the latter.

Agreed, I think he was hinting at the Kilmarnock game when saying you can't complain after you've lost.

I want to see more of a selfish/nasty streak from Gerrard now when dealing with anything and anyone outside Rangers.

These refs are going to get caught they have already taken the cheating way too far. Cant stop either our enemies demand it in and will expect to see it in the cup ties and the same again next season.

Too obvious, far too many games, an incredible amount of evidence(guy on here that puts the wee videos together should be working at the club) and these games are on live tv. Every single pundit and journo knows about it, ex players, managers of the other teams know play physical get stuck in against Rangers but zero late challenges against the tims as thats a red. If managers and players know the refs are biased towards Celtic then ofcourse it is only natural to suspect there may be cheating in other games between 2 smaller scottish clubs. What about the bookies as well anyone making a few quid betting on the cards ? Plenty for Rangers never any for Celtic.

All these ex refs will know whats happening, our legends Walter, Ally, Gough, Bomber, sure some foreign players watch games on tv, Mols, Amo, Laudrup, everybody knows whats going on out there. None of them will be obssessed or worried the tims views on refs 30 years ago.

Bobby and the guys are cheating one of the most famous british footballers ever out of prizes and a career in management. He might not be saying much at the moment, probably told not too, but im sure he will when he leaves the guy is no coward. He has backroom staff too that wont have seen anything like this in their career.

The refs have made a huge error in thinking that as long as the press is on their side and its Rangers they target then theres no way you get found out. Incredibly reckless just crazy. He cant say what he wants too say but one journo is at least asking a few questions...right dj you next then barry and boyd. There must be more than 1 journo that supports Rangers.

The bbc and radio clyde are now doing sfa/referee propaganda pieces(even more evidence of bias right there) its time for our club to play their game.... do the respectful stuff, the dignity etc, and ask refs, supervisors etc to talk to us educate us about the laws of the game and how difficult the job is. Lets see how comfortable they are when being interviewed by the people they are going out to cheat.
Excellent post. The really disturbing thing is I cant see this suddenly changing because that in itself will appear like an admission of guilt. But I'd love to see the Mhanks losing 3 of their next 5 games due to ref errors.....their reaction would measure on the Richter Scale.

The club has, presumably, a team a video analysts.

Surely there has to be mileage in compiling a video from this season of decisions we feel are questionable, both for and against us and releasing them, saying "Here's where we think we are, let's have a discussion on how we make it better".

Put the onus on others to explain the decisions and work to eradicate the 'mistakes'.
A video? Would be more like a box set.

Great article. The thing that strikes me after reading it though, is that there are so many other incidents he could have mentioned. The article could have been doubled in length!
Big refereeing decisions that have gone against Rangers this season....
dr0w2.jpg

...Volume 1

Agreed, I think he was hinting at the Kilmarnock game when saying you can't complain after you've lost.

I want to see more of a selfish/nasty streak from Gerrard now when dealing with anything and anyone outside Rangers.

Absolutely agree Sebo, that’s how I read it too.

This is affecting not just us & the club but him from a career perspective if he doesn’t secure success.

He needs to Be prepared to be less statesman like as he’s dealing with barbarians at that club,coupled with their cult in the SFA & SMSM.

I gave up years ago assuming everyone in life is good. They’re not.

Because he has to balance it to stop it becoming a rant

It’s a newspaper article,not a blog or fanzine

If he done what you suggested in last paragraph he would be slaughtered
But isn't this the biggest part of the problem. No-one can tell the truth in this country anymore if it doesn't fit the 'agenda' set by their cult?

Since when do we play by their rules? They certainly aren't retrained in the media when they want to go full moonhowler which they do regularly and en masse. So why should we restrain ourselves from stating facts, just because they wont like them?

Edit: In short, why is it always us that need to be seen to be being fair minded, at the expense of actual balance? We pander to them.

I have issues with referees. But I also have issues with Steven Gerrard’s reluctance to complain about them. Lennon has never allowed an opportunity to complain about referees, the SFA, Compliance Officer etc., either in his first spell when he caused a referees’ strike or in his current spell. As a result referees bend over backwards for his team.
Remember though that it wasn't long ago that all (well most) of the managers including ours had a summit in which they agreed to give referees more respect. Since then however we have been truly fncked over and SG has had to be restrained in his comments.

Some might suggest we and SG have been done up like a kipper. And I'd be hard pressed to argue against them.

This is on Gerrard I’m afraid, he underestimated how bitter this country is. If you don’t fight your players corner over every absurd decision you will be trampled all over and risk losing respect in the dressing room. Morelos already has a ‘why should I bother’ look about him. No wonder - he scores, it’s disallowed, he gets clattered - no punishment, he as much as raises a finger - he’s booked.

Sadly got to agree with some blame lying at Gerrard’s door.
On his first league game last season, he spoke at about how the officiating in Scotland and particularly against Rangers was suspect.
Now year and half later the officiating and mistakes against the club, have gone off the scale Gerrard seems worried that it’s like sour grapes, because the team have never come back from Dubai.No.These are two different matters, and should be dealt with individually.
Maybe Morelos has had enough, and the reason his agent is jetting in so rapidly is to start getting the ball rolling about securing this long awaited move?
Mind you haven’t we heard all this before?

"Having a go at the referee can't become a managerial get-out clause but there are clearly concerns across the country about our officials"

It's been Popcorn Teeth's get out clause every time those cunts have lost a game in both of his spells as manager. Also the same when he was at Hivs, never his teams fault, was always the referees fault.

The only time I can remember him not complaining about a referee was 29th December 2019, as we managed to win in spite of Clancy's best efforts, and even Lennon knew it.

But isn't this the biggest part of the problem. No-one can tell the truth in this country anymore if it doesn't fit the 'agenda' set by their cult?

Since when do we play by their rules? They certainly aren't retrained in the media when they want to go full moonhowler which they do regularly and en masse. So why should we restrain ourselves from stating facts, just because they wont like them?

Edit: In short, why is it always us that need to be seen to be being fair minded, at the expense of actual balance? We pander to them.

The whole country panders to them. You’re correct mate. And look what it has led to.

Glad to see the club using the press to get this across. Most of it is good but I would disagree with this part
Referees ultimately won't cost Rangers the silverware this term
How can he go through all those decisions that cost us points and lost us a cup final but say it won't cost us silverware?

The Club need to get a legal team up to Hampden to highlight every inconsistency and threaten legal action. There is no other option as it's what that lot did the last time Lennon was in charge and are now reaping the benefits.
There is no doubt that, for whatever reason, The Club are being refereed to a different standard which has been clearly evident for the past 3 seasons. The most likely reason is the pro-Celt!c culture at Hampden with every department now being infiltrated by those indoctrinated of the same ilk.
It's long overdue that the Club should act. Clancy should've been demoted along with one or two others,okay the team have slipped somewhat,but decisions have undoubtedly had a bearing on results. You could be forgiven for thinking some were on the payroll at Celtic it's that obvious now.

What's the rules (if any) with VAR, do the ref's decide if they go to the VAR or is that a decision from the telly watchers?
I’ve no idea.
It’s a good point.
My point has always been, re VAR, that referees will have nowhere to go and nowhere to hide once it’s implemented.
They’ll have to use it, warts and all.
And, let’s be honest here, we can’t get any more bad decisions against us than we currently get.

It's a pity the other so called journalists can't come out and say they agree with their colleague. They would rather demonise the players and supporters.

I don’t think anyone will disagree with that. Terrible decisions and they weren’t the only ones.

But us being crap and dropping our standards is also happening, it’s two separate things.
Likewise, nobody will disagree that our standards have dropped massively.

It's telling though that nobody has mentioned anything from the Hearts defeat.
We lost that game on our own.

Without the refs interference, there's no way we leave Kilmarnock without a win.

We are often accused of sour grapes and just trying to blame the ref for our own shortcomings, yet in 2 of our 3 league defeats (filth and Hearts) the refs haven't merited a mention.

We should be announcing that we have been cheated by refs decisions and stop pussy footing about with honest mistakes etc etc etc

That’s what Beale got 5 matches for despite it being his first offence.

Our wording has to be carefully chosen despite us all knowing we are fucking cheated RR.

Small mercies and all that but don't expect the pack of hounds in our media at large to back him up .

I know you’re right BABN, but our club NOW needs to be more sleekit & to get known Rangers minded guys to HTC & have private discussions to ask for their help.

McDougall, Jack & there are probably more who will come out if prompted & told of our thoughts at SG level.

The standard of referees is utterly woeful. We simply cannot go on like this. We need to find ways of making them better though. Lead the debate. Get the conversation opened up. Other countries of our size must struggle as well. Surely we could work across boundaries with Scandinavian countries, Benelux countries etc? Develop refs and widen their experience outside the Scottish goldfish bowl.

Just moaning doesn’t help.

There’s a balance & line to find before it sounds like some guy rambling with a tinfoil hat

This place gets on my tits. We moan when someone does nothing, someone does and it’s not enough

Missing the point - yes at last someone has had the gonads to comment but it could easier been stronger without sounding like the ramblings of someone with a tin foil hat ( got to admit never seen one or someone wearing one. I guess it has the effect of turning the wearing into Joe the Loonie or mental Phil?)

It's like Stevie G's comments after Livingston - good but misses all the questionable decisions.

Nailed it? He says it's not the reason. He also doesn't comment on the 2 game changing decisions that went for Celtc in the Hamilton games.

Why is "less said the better" a decent comment about Clancy?????????

I think him saying less said the better is actually spot on, not only does it infer his incompetence but it actually shows contempt towards the cheating fvkk.

Missing the point - yes at last someone has had the gonads to comment but it could easier been stronger without sounding like the ramblings of someone with a tin foil hat ( got to admit never seen one or someone wearing one. I guess it has the effect of turning the wearing into Joe the Loonie or mental Phil?)

Maybe he’s just taking the scum’s opportunity for ‘whitabootery’ away mate ?

After all, they have bugger all to complain about than those two ( with compensating penalties v St Mirren ) all season.

I think him saying less said the better is actually spot on, not only does it infer his incompetence but it actually shows contempt towards the cheating fvkk.

Sorry if it's not said the people reading wont be of the same mindset as us normal people and think it ineffectual.

Less is key - I’m biased, the author is my mate but I think the balance is good in his job, I’d be embarrassed if it was a huge rant that makes him look like a rambling idiot

Not falling out DB, agree to disagree however

regards

I'll pen his next article on that basis :)

"Referee's are shite and feart of mentally challenged backlash"

Glad to see the club using the press to get this across. Most of it is good but I would disagree with this part
Referees ultimately won't cost Rangers the silverware this term
How can he go through all those decisions that cost us points and lost us a cup final but say it won't cost us silverware?

I think that was just clever journalism personally Slim.

He’s made that statement but given enough hard evidence to point to the contrary, to then pull himself out of accusations from elsewhere.

To me, he knows what he’s saying & why he’s saying it.

This is on Gerrard I’m afraid, he underestimated how bitter this country is. If you don’t fight your players corner over every absurd decision you will be trampled all over and risk losing respect in the dressing room. Morelos already has a ‘why should I bother’ look about him. No wonder - he scores, it’s disallowed, he gets clattered - no punishment, he as much as raises a finger - he’s booked.

Yay and nay.

Gerrard came up here thinking everything football wise was normal.

Rather, it is the people who brought him here knowing what was and is still going on and have refused to confront it that have let him down.

The club post Clancy are a disgrace and a laughing stock.

The fact that he was allowed to ref the filth just after the 29th of December and there was no response from the club just reinforces the point.

We will piss on you when and as we want.

He’s made that statement but given enough hard evidence to point to the contrary, to then pull himself out of accusations from elsewhere.

It was important not to imply all our troubles have been the fault of refs and I do appreciate your point but to me it seems odd to say massive wrong decisions wouldn't cost us silverware.
In my opinion that offside decision in the cup final already cost us a good chance of silverware and if we finish close to Celtic then it would be fair to say some of those blatant wrong calls will have cost us the league.

I would like to see the players being more vocal collectively to the ref when obvious bad decisions occur.
same with our fans we seem to accept the ridiculous decisions too quietly

If you are telling the truth and dealing in facts, cold, hard facts.

Why the fc_uk should you be afraid of accusations from anywhere?

Back