Open Goal Broomhill FC make Broadwood home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was all for it when they took it over as I thought it could be an interesting project but shoehorning cunts in won’t end well. At least Si was reasonably well thought of as a coach.

youtube clicks more important than winning games

bringing in slane suggests a desperate attempt to sell tickets and ferry doesnt care about having any serious credentials as a coach bringing in that muppet.

open goal if i remember right is actually run by peter lawwell's son as well

bringing in slane suggests a desperate attempt to sell tickets and ferry doesnt care about having any serious credentials as a coach bringing in that muppet.

Someone told me Slane could play, really?! I could play at the level still!

I can’t wait to see our lads wipe the floor with these Timmy loving idiots.

But her, it’s Open Goal FC now. They sure know their target audience to put it as kindly as I possibly could.

The Lowland League is an absolute circus between one thing and another.

Time it was disbanded and the WOSFL/EOSFL/SOSFL play off was for a place in league two instead of this artificially created league filled with shells of teams in the way.

For all the hatred of him on here, Ferry always struck me as someone who genuinely wanted to make a go of coaching and management.

I do think the Slane signing is a publicity stunt but if it gets them more money for legit players to then enhance his chances of progressing to a bigger job, it’s a pretty sound business format.

If this works, this could be the irn bru version of red bull with the same investors trying to take over a club at a higher level.

Or it could just be a fuken disaster

The Lowland League is an absolute circus between one thing and another.

Time it was disbanded and the WOSFL/EOSFL/SOSFL play off was for a place in league two instead of this artificially created league filled with shells of teams in the way.
Kelly Hearts and Bonnyrigg Rose will be far more worthy members of the SPFL than the clubs they replaced

Kelly Hearts and Bonnyrigg Rose will be far more worthy members of the SPFL than the clubs they replaced

Both proper long standing clubs though mate. A lot of the Lowland League is made up of clubs who were created pretty much for that purpose. And now we have daft franchise teams like this. It's a joke of a league that really doesn't deserve its place in the pyramid.

If you remember right?

Mate it’s mentioned in every single thread about open goal

giphy.gif

For all the hatred of him on here, Ferry always struck me as someone who genuinely wanted to make a go of coaching and management.

I do think the Slane signing is a publicity stunt but if it gets them more money for legit players to then enhance his chances of progressing to a bigger job, it’s a pretty sound business format.

If this works, this could be the irn bru version of red bull with the same investors trying to take over a club at a higher level.

But in the meantime some squad player has probably lost his place just so that reprobate can be indulged.

Still, as long as Slaney gets a laugh out of it all and they rack up the You Tube hits.

Slaney was supposed to be highly rated as a bit of a player but a head full of nonsense which seen him waste it.

Can only think he owes Ferry quite a bit for the podcast and now this. Likely be one of the players that would run through brick walls for Ferry.

Slaney was supposed to be highly rated as a bit of a player but a head full of nonsense which seen him waste it.

Can only think he owes Ferry quite a bit for the podcast and now this. Likely be one of the players that would run through brick walls for Ferry.

Exactly, he is an ex pro. Sure he didn't quite make the grade but it is not inconceivable to think he could do something at that level.

Reactions: Moz
Never heard of Broomhill FC before. Is this a team from Broomhill as in the area between Partick and the Clyde tunnel? I don't even think there is a single full size football pitch there.

More like the buckfast version of red bull

Could have been something decent, but when you bring in the class clown as a player coach it will just turn into a circus.

They are making a mockery of the league tbh.
i disagree. They have signed a number of players who have played to a reasonable standard and are promoting the league. Ferry was on Peterheads coaching staff and played to a good level. I don’t have a dog in the race I’m just not sure how promoting the games, making season tickets relatively cheap and playing on Friday nights in the hope of getting a few people along is a bad thing?
If it works every other team in the league probably benefits financially and if it doesn’t everyone else can go back to not giving a %^*& about it.

i disagree. They have signed a number of players who have played to a reasonable standard and are promoting the league. Ferry was on Peterheads coaching staff and played to a good level. I don’t have a dog in the race I’m just not sure how promoting the games, making season tickets relatively cheap and playing on Friday nights in the hope of getting a few people along is a bad thing?
If it works every other team in the league probably benefits financially and if it doesn’t everyone else can go back to not giving a %^*& about it.
A lot of the teams in those leagues the money is questionable as to its origins. This circus show is just adding to it.

These “money men” started doing it at amateur level as well.

It’s the committee etc at clubs like broomhill who shouldn’t give up the hard work they’ve done to get where they are

A lot of the teams in those leagues the money is questionable as to its origins. This circus show is just adding to it.

These “money men” started doing it at amateur level as well.

It’s the committee etc at clubs like broomhill who shouldn’t give up the hard work they’ve done to get where they are
Not really relevant to the point I made but surely then this is a good thing? No questionable origins (apart from the obvious connection).

Committee men have seen Scottish football stand still for 40 years.

Not really relevant to the point I made but surely then this is a good thing? No questionable origins (apart from the obvious connection).

Committee men have seen Scottish football stand still for 40 years.
Not really relevant for the guys at BSC etc as they’ve done wonders to get them to where they are

Not really relevant for the guys at BSC etc as they’ve done wonders to get them to where they are

So this is a good thing then, potentially sell some season tickets bring more money to the elague and make people watch amatuer football a bit more.

Few things on this..

I don't really care if this is a publicity stunt for podcast views... I'll watch how they get on with interest. If its a disaster it will be some laugh.

I do actually believe Si ferry has aspirations to be a top coach/manager. Kevin Thomson asked him to be part of his backroom team at Kelty.

Slaney signing is clearly a PR stunt.. but it's a very low standard in that league so it's not outwith the realms of possibility he gets himself fit and contributes as a squad player.

Personally I hope they get beat most weeks and it goes tits up for a laugh.. but if they do well then fair play to them. I won't be losing any sleep either way.

Few things on this..

I don't really care if this is a publicity stunt for podcast views... I'll watch how they get on with interest. If its a disaster it will be some laugh.

I do actually believe Si ferry has aspirations to be a top coach/manager. Kevin Thomson asked him to be part of his backroom team at Kelty.

Slaney signing is clearly a PR stunt.. but it's a very low standard in that league so it's not outwith the realms of possibility he gets himself fit and contributes as a squad player.

Personally I hope they get beat most weeks and it goes tits up for a laugh.. but if they do well then fair play to them. I won't be losing any sleep either way.

You missed the fact that Broomhill have effectively now become an IRA select team, given their owners. The fact they have agreed to play the Irish national anthem before their home games sickens me also.

Never heard of Broomhill FC before. Is this a team from Broomhill as in the area between Partick and the Clyde tunnel? I don't even think there is a single full size football pitch there.
They were originally know as BSC Glasgow when they entered the Lowland League but I think there was some sort of fall out with Broomhill Sports Club so they went their separate ways.

Until this season I'm sure they played at Alloa

The episodes of open goal that I have watched Ferry fancied himself as a Guardiola 2.0. Be interesting to see if he is all mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back