• Cannigia

Votes: 185 52.7%
  • Darcheville

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • Morelos

Votes: 134 38.2%

• Total voters
Loved Amato as a player.

Cannigia did well but mostly in cameos or wide - he was past playing week in week out as a striker by the time he arrived at Ibrox.

D'archeville was a really important member of an almost magical season.

Alfrdeo is the best all round Rangers striker of that group. And, whilst the others were all on the down slope of their career by the time they got to Glasgow, Morelos is getting better by the week. Without having checked the stats, by the end of this season I'm sure he'll have outscored all 3 of the others put together if he hasn't already.

Right now it's Caniggia, and by a fair bit.

Morelos has a fair bit to go to match Caniggia's achievements in the game (with us and otherwise), but he's certainly on the right path.

Caniggia for me though if Morelos keeps developing and stays at Ibrox for another few years I expect him to be the best.

Caniggia won 5 trophies in two years, scored in two cup finals and a league decider and won himself a recall to a stacked Argentina World Cup squad at the age of 35.

It's him by a mile.
I seldom post this but that really should be “end of thread”!

Darcheville South American, every days a school day. Always thought he was French/African of some sort.

Hard to argue... but I'll try.

Is there any argument that he had much better players around him and he might not have managed all that in a team like the current one?
Good try but, you could say this about most successful players.
Most would never had achieved what they did without the rest of their team(s).

Right now is it is Cannigia by some distance... he was a tremendous footballer who had played at the very top and then we got to have him for a few years at Ibrox.

I have been very impressed by Morelos this season.
I’d have punted him last January and possibly even last summer but he has really knuckled down, worked on his discipline (in all aspects - playing for the team, dropping the sulks, not reacting to opposition or officials) and really looks to be enjoying his football at Rangers now.

I hope that we can enjoy him for a few years more because he lad is improving all the time.

Impossible to choose- as Morelos is just starting his career in a new team that has no real international players of note capable of producing great performances and are instantly recognised in European terms- all other player mentioned had quality international players around them that were recognised instantly by name alone during their careers to assist.

I just think you’re being a bit serious here.
Before being too hard on me, if you’ll pardon the pun, I once had a guy by the throat for calling a workmate, being serious, “the wee poof”.

Maybe so mate, I'm the resident moany, grumpy bastard though :D

I'm not big on the old discrimination is all

Cannigia but it is close between him and morelos. I was sure big Jean Claude was just French lol i was giving it the "why the %^*& they got him in this list!?" hahah eejit.

Over his career Caniggia, but as a Rangers player it has to be Morelos by a long way.

Caniggia - 12 goals in 50 games (24%).
Morelos - 34 goals in 69 games (49.28%).

Morelos scoring rate is more than double Caniggia's, in a much poorer and less successful team (we won 5 trophies out of 6 in Caniggia's 2 seasons here) and his assists ratio particularly this season, must be at least similar.

Caniggia was world class in his career sure maybe we seen him in the twilight of his career but he was still class.

Alfredo will eventually be a far better player though :D here's HOPING:D

Oh come on. Morelos would have got nowhere near the team Cannigia played in.

Cannigia by a mile. He could have been one of the all time greats but for his love of patsy.

Morelos is performing at a level in Europe that a lot of the guys mentioned on this thread would be proud of.

He obviously hasn't achieved as much as some of them but he could go on to eclipse most.

Caniggia by a distance for me.

His touch and turn of pace he had even at the age of 35 were of a level that you could tell he had been a world class player in his pomp. How I wish we had him when he was a little younger just so his spell could have been longer.

I've always been one of Morelos biggest fans but he has some way to go to reach that level.

Otherwise, I liked Darchville. He had pace and power but for some reason I remember that his finishing could be rather inconsistent (was it vs Lyon he missed an absolute sitter?)

Morelos is performing at a level in Europe that a lot of the guys mentioned on this thread would be proud of.

He obviously hasn't achieved as much as some of them but he could go on to eclipse most.

Cannigia performed at a level Morelos can only dream of.

I like Morelos but I think people are getting a bit carried away in this thread. He’s one of our better players in a Rangers team which is a pale shadow of the teams that Cannigia, Darcheville and Amato played in.

Cannigia performed at a level Morelos can only dream of.

I like Morelos but I think people are getting a bit carried away in this thread. He’s one of our better players in a Rangers team which is a pale shadow of the teams that Cannigia, Darcheville and Amato played in.

He's only 22 and he's doing well at Europa League level and playing internationally.

Again, it's too early to say but I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up in the Premier League or La Liga.

I did say it was about only what they did for Rangers. Cannigia had been an absolute superstar in his day, but we did sign him from Dundee so he obviously wasn't by the time we got him.

I do agree he was probably still the pick of the 4 listed as a Rangers player, but if you ignore everything except what they all have done when in a Rangers shirt there is a debate at least.
cannigia best for me just a thought how many players did we buy from dundee i remember andy penman bomber brown

He's only 22 and he's doing well at Europa League level and playing internationally.

Again, it's too early to say but I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up in the Premier League or La Liga.

Caniggia scored the winner against Brazil in a World Cup quarter final, played through by Diego Maradona. He won a treble and a double with Rangers, as did Amato. Darcheville played in a European final for us.

The thread’s about our greatest ever South American player. Morelos has exciting potential but, quite frankly, hasn’t achieved anything at Rangers to be compared with those three.

Cannigia had best career and at peak was him by a distance. Amato had outrageous skill and wasn't too bad in the air. Alfredo has amazing strength, work rate and potential.

Folk should start reading the PS bit at the bottom , and by the end of the season it’s Morelos for me .

The bold Claudio.

A superb player, how I wish we had got him a few years earlier.

Fastest 35 year old I think I’ve ever seen!

Back