Our style of play this Saturday

Penman 10

At this stage of the teams development we are not yet ready to go toe to toe with them.
We need to stifle the game,keep it tight in midfield and defence an double up on their wingers.
Break up play and slow it down when ever possible.
If we can frustrate them we could get them on the break by utilising the pace of Candieas.
IT won't be pretty but if we are sitting at 0-0 with 10 minutes to go we can sew some doubts in their minds

I'll be amazed if it's 0-0 with 10 mins to go. We need to retain the ball and not let them boss it like we did last season. Even though we lost the hibs game we need to set about them the same way from the start. Their defence isn't brilliant, far from it in fact.

Feel we have got to try to deny them space and if that means taking a negative approach, so be it. May seem lacking ambition having a negative approach at home but Celtic have more creativity and mobility in their team than we have and we can't afford to give them too much room. Breaks my heart saying all that but sadly that's just the way things are at present.

As I've said in other threads get stuck into them don't give them an inch. Chase everything and get in their faces. They aren't used to a team coming at them like that and I think it could unsettle them.

St Johnstone pressed them well

Mistakes will be made capitalize on them

Need Bruno and Cardoso to be on their a game

We need to be assertive in our play, not let them have any time on the ball and have confidence in our ability to hurt them.

We need to test them and have a go at their defence.

I'll be amazed if it's 0-0 with 10 mins to go. We need to retain the ball and not let them boss it like we did last season. Even though we lost the hibs game we need to set about them the same way from the start. Their defence isn't brilliant, far from it in fact.
I'll be amazed if it's 0-0 with 10 minutes gone..no confidence any more loyal!

Every player working their socks off....giving 100% - don't allow them to settle, hunt them down, challenge for every ball and we'll have a chance.
Morelos and Miller need to be an outlet,holding the ball up and bringing the midfield into play in their last third.

Back