Patterson, Bassey & Zungu return to First team training

Mview83

Official Ticketer
End of the matter.

RANGERS have allowed Bongani Zungu, Nathan Patterson and Calvin Bassey to return to Auchenhowie following their Covid regulation breach earlier this month.

The three first team players, alongside Academy kids Brian Kinnear and Dapo Mebude, were subject of an internal investigation after attending a house party in Glasgow.

Rangers have sanctioned those involved in the rule breaks and Steven Gerrard and Ross Wilson, the Sporting Director, have issued a joint statement on the matter.
The statement read: "Firstly, we recognise that it is a huge honour to represent our club and the Rangers fanbase across the world.
"Over the course of the last week, we have both ensured that all our players understand our expectations when you are part of this great club.
"The players involved have been left in no uncertain terms as to the standards that everyone here is expected to adhere to. It has been an extremely difficult week for those players following their admission of an error of judgement whilst dealing with the consequences of their actions.

"Our internal discussions were supported by the immediate honesty shown by the players and an appreciation they fell well below the standards we expect at Rangers Football Club, day in and day out. Those standards form the foundation that we have set as a club in order to achieve our targets as a team.
"The first-team squad players have now returned to Auchenhowie. We are both now satisfied that the players completely understand their obligations to our club and accept with sincerity the strong disciplinary sanctions that we have imposed upon them for letting us all down.
"We accept their apologies to the club, their team mates and the fans, for whom we are forever grateful for their resolute support and loyalty. “

heard that prick hannah on clyde last night saying the sfa were getting ready to charge the lads .firstly how the %^*& is he compliset to this info and secondly they still have done nothing to the dubai mob then send covid officials to a top flight match

Are they escaping a ban?

The linesman has sort of snookered the SPFL a bit, it might not be popular but I'd play Patterson immediately

hope not for 3 million we can get a lot better .

Pick up a better freebie.

No offence to Zungu but he’s not a patch on the men ahead of him, he’s not got the ability to replace any of them and when he does, there is a drop in quality.

Next season it’s about improving, adding quality and continuing to raise the level.

Are they escaping a ban?

The linesman has sort of snookered the SPFL a bit, it might not be popular but I'd play Patterson immediately
Probably wont be match fit after isolating for 10 days, but may be a good addition to the bench for tomorrow night..

Jones and Edmundson both returned to First Team training after their Club suspension as well. I'm not sure I'd read too much into that. Be a different thing if we see any of them on the bench - and I don't think we will.

Last edited:
The club have nothing to gain by excluding them from training following completion of their self isolation so it makes sense, one way or the other, to keep fitness levels as high as possible.

Perhaps nothing should be read into the statement.

heard that prick hannah on clyde last night saying the sfa were getting ready to charge the lads .firstly how the %^*& is he compliset to this info and secondly they still have done nothing to the dubai mob then send covid officials to a top flight match
Would be amazed if they aren't charged.

Astounded.

Ok.

However I really hope this error by Zungu will be enough to send him back to his club in the summer as it gives me the fear thinking we might spend a couple of million on him
Why signal him out?
They were all as bad as each other.
They could easily have derailed our season.

I’m wondering about Mebude and Kinnear and why they aren’t following the same approach here - other than them being Development/Loans what’s the thinking there ?

it is certainly discernible that the apologies largely differ between the two permanent players and BZ there too our guys are more fulsome in there apologies

Back