Photo of Offside Goal

It’s embarrassing from that official... But nothing will get done. In my lifetime I hope we’ll have officials who’ll stand up to their intimidation eventually.

Doesn't matter....it ain't a goal. If that's us it's all they'd talk about until Christmas is a memory.

Fvckin shameless doesn't even cover it..!
It shouldnt have been but it was. Nothing will get mentioned by smsm or the club. We'll take it on the chin and move on.

Celtic wrote to the SFA regarding "strange decisions going on against them" in 2010 after Collum (!) awarded us a penalty at their midden.
Time we started seeking "clarification" for ourselves.

In the space of a week we have lost a cup final we should have won and dropped two points in the league all because of the officials.

We are being cheated on the field and we can play 10/10 every game but when decisions go against you there’s very little you can do.

Our performance today didnt look like a mentally weak side, we dominated a side who’ve won 10 trophies in a row.

Our day will 100% come, just a matter of time.

There is no question that it shouldn’t have been a goal however we could have been playing all night and not scored. Mentality is definitely an issue. How many free kicks and corners did we deliver into the box and did nothing.

I dont agree.

Keep it at 0-0 and we were the only team looking like scoring.

There should be an onslaught from us questioning the officials.

Not defending the linesman in the slightest but under the current offside laws the player is only offside when he touches the ball.
Today the linesman had so many mentally challengeds in a offside position ( but were not offside because they never touched the ball so he couldnt have flagged them) he could not see the mentally challenged who scored.
Under the old laws what would have happened was as soon as the freekick was taken the flag would have went up

Well it's working for them then.

Fact is we can't honestly claim we were genuinely robbed out of a trophy today though.

Yes IF VAR were imployed then maybe it would have finished 0-0. That doesn't excuse our wastefulness in front of goal (not just Morelos) I'm going right back to all those free headers in the opening minutes and the lack of midfielders being the difference for once.

No you're right it doesn't but let's not turn this into a hard done to story , that's their bag.
I'm not mate but some finding excuses for the other way. we played brilliant I thought and we were unlucky. if we played like that every game I'd be happy,that display would win almost every game going for us.

Exactly, I called it at the time as well.

As I’ve already posted I am so conditioned to VAR from the EPL and CL I actually sat smug for about 0.25 seconds saying “won’t count, clearly off”. Then realised we are a back water and can’t use VAR at the national stadium for a cup final played to an audience of millions.

Mentality is poor in our defenders as well, not one has highlighted that the Scum players are in an offside position. Not a single claim.
Still does not excuse the inept assistant.

Fact is we can't honestly claim we were genuinely robbed out of a trophy today though.

Yes IF VAR were imployed then maybe it would have finished 0-0. That doesn't excuse our wastefulness in front of goal (not just Morelos) I'm going right back to all those free headers in the opening minutes and the lack of midfielders being the difference for once.

And if the penalty had been re-taken due to Lurch being a yard and a half of his line? Might not have been 0-0 then. Another, crucial, miscall by the officials.

Doesn't excuse Alfie however.

Not defending the linesman in the slightest but under the current offside laws the player is only offside when he touches the ball.
Today the linesman had so many mentally challengeds in a offside position ( but were not offside because they never touched the ball so he couldnt have flagged them) he could not see the mentally challenged who scored.
Under the old laws what would have happened was as soon as the freekick was taken the flag would have went up

The scorer was the one closest to him, so not really that difficult.

And if the penalty had been re-taken due to Lurch being a yard and a half of his line? Might not have been 0-0 then. Another, crucial, miscall by the officials.

Doesn't excuse Alfie however.

Yep can't argue with that. We focus on the league now though. I wanted that today you had better believe it, but it's gone. We absolutely CAN WIN THIS LEAGUE. let's refocus and go again.

The scorer was the one closest to him, so not really that difficult.
Realise that mate and he should have spotted it but it was the volume of mentally challengeds must have confused his decision . Guys saying he cheated I prefer to use the word coward . As I said I'm not defending him but that will be his excuse when I assume he's asked to explain his decision which he surely must be

Realise that mate and he should have spotted it but it was the volume of mentally challengeds must have confused his decision . Guys saying he cheated I prefer to use the word coward . As I said I'm not defending him but that will be his excuse when I assume he's asked to explain his decision which he surely must be

So basically his only excuse is …. "There were so many of them offside, I was confused, so thought it best to let the goal stand."

That probably just about sums up Scottish Officials.

So basically his only excuse is …. "There were so many of them offside, I was confused, so thought it best to let the goal stand."

That probably just about sums up Scottish Officials.
Yes that will be it and the pressure the knewdome would have put on him he took the cowardly way out and shat it and did not do his job

We played well and were unlucky to run up against a goalkeeper having one of those games.

loosing to an offside goal and missing a penalty was very painful. I await the calls from the media for VAR. There is no excuse not to have VAR for semi finals and finals of cup tournaments. In many ways it just shows up our game that we don’t have it for games played at Hampden.

garbage

It's blatant. From a set piece there are no excuses.

At best it's incompetence and at worst blatant cheating. Either of which should ensure its a long time before he's involved in such an important game again.

The club should be seeking an explanation as to why a 'top grade assistant' can make such a clear 'mistake'.

This post is the shitest thing I've seen all day, and I was right behind the goal when Morelos missed his penalty.

This is the reward for being coached properly and being able to hold a good defensive line to catch out the opposition.

You get fucked over by inept/cheating bastard officials who should be no where near a football match.

We put on a showpiece final for the World to watch and this is the winning goal people see. A blatant offside goal from an absolute balloon of a player.

Those two still photos are absolute Gold Dust to use in the media to get our point across about the blatant cheating when it comes to officials refusing to allow that lot to be challenged.

Let's demand answers they cannot deny those photos we need to call it out and challenge it before they are allowed to cheat their way to another treble unhindered.

Back