Official Pictures from the Glasgow Civic reception to mark 150 Years of Rangers FC

Great to see such a stellar turnout of Rangers legends of the past. Especially good to see Mr Holmes there with Mrs Wallace and Mrs Smith in attendance.

Not so great to see well known Rangers haters Mulraney and Petrie gorging at the banquet, nor is it great to see Bain there after all the bad work he did with the club, and he did a power of bad work. But as Mark says, he is part of the club, good or bad.

Good on Glasgow for putting this on for the club, we are Scotlands premier club after all and the most successful football club in Britian so why shouldn’t the club received a civic reception on its landmark 150th year?

A few thousand Rangers supporters should have broken into the event in their uncontained excitement at the one-in-150-year event.
Perhaps given Petrie a few slaps.
After all, he would have understood fully that it was just exuberance.

Can't beat a bit of old fashioned exuberance. Couple of drop kicks and a few headbutts on the way out.

David Holmes and Campbell Ogilvie. That takes me back a bit. Had often wondered where David Holmes was these days and where he went/what he did after Rangers.
Listening to Heart and Hand's Dominant series made me appreciate for the first time the role David Holmes played, he was just before my time so all I knew was Murray. It struck me that you never hear anything about him after he left the club, I'm pleased just to see he's still with us and able to be there tonight.

Surprised Coisty wasn’t there. Is he on holiday, as he’s not on Talksport this week either?

Edit - he’s back this morning.

Last edited:
Great photos and good to see the club receiving this civic reception. Echo all the posts regarding David Holmes…..

Listening to Heart and Hand's Dominant series made me appreciate for the first time the role David Holmes played, he was just before my time so all I knew was Murray. It struck me that you never hear anything about him after he left the club, I'm pleased just to see he's still with us and able to be there tonight.
I liked Holmes but he was barely there a year and the Lawrence Grouo was overcommitted elsewhere and had pt Rangers into debt (although nothing like what was to come in later years) so let’s not get too varied away.

However, he had the vision to get Souness and the rest is history!

Last edited:
Back