Official Pictures from the Glasgow Civic reception to mark 150 Years of Rangers FC

Were Celtic unwilling to send a representative to commemorate our decade of existence.

Where's the sporting Integrity
:shh:

150 years and counting yet there they are still in our shadowB-D

Glasgow district council, l imagine if their was a vote by council members to have a civic reception for Rangers, it wouldn't be unanimous in favour of.

Very nice to see Campbell Ogilvie there. A man who was made to leave Rangers far too early.
Campbell's looking good. I knew him well at one point, we had many mutual friends, at the time when when he worked with the SFA. He used to drink in the Wickets and in the Aragon in Byres Road. I helped him with some correspondence material when he was studying for his ACIS exams and he got me tickets for a few games. He always was a good looking bugger!!

Campbell's looking good. I knew him well at one point, we had many mutual friends, at the time when when he worked with the SFA. He used to drink in the Wickets and in the Aragon in Byres Road. I helped him with some correspondence material when he was studying for his ACIS exams and he got me tickets for a few games. He always was a good looking bugger!!
Campbell is pure class and a gentleman, he was a perfect club secretary for Rangers.
Murray knew Campbell was a man of honour and would never carry out the asset selling of the club and the brutal lay off of loyal employees, so he over promoted a Smithers in his place (Bain).

It is no coincidence the governance of the club started to go to shit when good people like Mr Ogilvie were removed.

Doubt it, but were there any current players there Mark (Tav)?

I liked Holmes but he was barely there a year and the Lawrence Grouo was overcommitted elsewhere and had pt Rangers into debt (although nothing like what was to come in later years) so let’s not get too varied away.

However, he had the vision to get Souness and the rest is history!
David Holmes was at Rangers for around 3 and a half years coming in at the end of 1985 and leaving in the summer of 1989, will always be grateful to him for leading the revolution of the club but taking the blue tinted specs off for a moment he wasn't at Rangers through a love of the club, by most accounts he was a Falkirk fan and became a major shareholder in them for a short while after he left us.

He had been the chairman of John Lawrence which was another one of the Lawrence group companies and was brought in by Lawrence Marlborough to prepare the club for sale, and ultimately achieved the job he was employed to do, you could say he was in the right place at the right time with the club having recently invested in the new stadium, the ban on English teams playing in Europe played into our hands too with the prospect of enticing top English players north of the border with the lure of playing in Europe, after the sale of the club at the end of 1988 he remained as Chairman until he was succeeded by Murray in the summer of 1989.

He's still a massive part of our club's history though and deserved to be there last night.

Last edited:
Great pics however a bit light on the red white and blue decorations, should have the Union Bears banners and stickers everywhere in the city chambers :cool:

Were Celtic unwilling to send a representative to commemorate our decade of existence.

Where's the sporting Integrity
:shh:

150 years and counting yet there they are still in our shadowB-D
Expect a resolution at their AGM this year questioning why the Lord Provost acknowledged that Rangers have been in existence for 150 years. There might even be another resolution questioning why she can have the word provo in her title.

Back