Pollok joining the WOSL

I know how you feel. It will be strange sitting in the away corner with Family Bam cheering on the Arthurlie !!!:))
whats happening up there in regards of "lie movie from dunterlie, i know this was mooted last year, wouldnt like to see this,as a move away from there would probably see them playing well away from local pubs, and the option of a half time pint is always an attraction at the juniors,

Toilets first, floodlights next. The enclosure is fine the other terraces are fine and there is nowhere to expand imo

The shed needs some major work on it. Newlandsfield probably only has room for 2 stands - the current shed and behind the goals at the railway end. Would there be enough room on the turnstile side for anything?

I'm not sure that moving up is a good move for clubs in the west of Scotland junior set up. The west juniors is a really strong set up and there are some very good clubs out there. There's some great competition and fierce rivalries. The football is affordable and it caters to a group of fans who might otherwise be excluded from live football at professional clubs. How far could Pollok go? Probably Lowland League/League 2, but you'd see prices increase to £12+ a game - practically doubling the current cost of junior football - and fans couldn't expect the same experience on match day.

This will hopefully open up relegation from the Lowland League and hopefully also secure an automatic promotion spot into SPFL League 2.

Currently only one team down from Lowland League so will take a long time for the leagues to even out to where they should be.

Same with League 2 - one down on a playoff basis. Should become automatic with a playoff between second bottom of League 2 and the loser of the playoff between Highland and Lowland Leagues winners.

I've never been entirely sure what happens if a highland league team wins promotion but a team in the central belt needs to be relegated? How do they balance the highland/lowland club split if it's a team form the central belt who are relegated and a highland team promoted? What happened with Cove?

I've never been entirely sure what happens if a highland league team wins promotion but a team in the central belt needs to be relegated? How do they balance the highland/lowland club split if it's a team form the central belt who are relegated and a highland team promoted? What happened with Cove?

They will run on a odd number if need be or invite clubs to apply to join

Highland League this season only had 17 teams so never replaced Cove Rangers

In this case two teams are relegated from Lowland League with one team being promoted from East of Scotland or South of Scotland. This year only Whitehill Welfare were relegated as Selkirk had went bust midway through the season.

whats happening up there in regards of "lie movie from dunterlie, i know this was mooted last year, wouldnt like to see this,as a move away from there would probably see them playing well away from local pubs, and the option of a half time pint is always an attraction at the juniors,

There was talk of them moving down to the facility at Stewart Street. Where they are just now is as you say handy for a pint, handy for trains and buses. Redevelop the open space at Glen Street would be their best option . Also, think the social club has closed now. They are mid table in the second tier. The glory days under Fergie , Quadey and co are long gone.

The shed needs some major work on it. Newlandsfield probably only ut you'd see prices increase to £12+ a game - practically doubling the current cost of junior football - and fans couldn't expect the same experience on match day.
Think the plan is they will still hold some junior status and still play in scot junior cup aswell im sure , could be wrong though

There will be a few clubs that will end up like gretna along the way they'll chase something that's not worth chasing as there's no real reward financially

Irvine Meadow have applied now
Option A WOSL and SJFA Membership, including Scottish Junior Cup

Option B WOSL Membership without Scottish Junior Cup.

Option C. Teams not joining WOSL WILL probably have to set up a new League in the West Region.
The vote was------- Final vote count.
Option A 1538 votes
Option B. 26 votes
An Application Form will now be completed for entry to the Pyramid

Will this sound the death knell for a strong west junior setup?

I think ambition is fair, but are they really going to attract significant investment to make a big difference?

I go and watch a team in the South of Scotland league and word is a couple of teams from the league have applied to join the West Of Scotland league. The cost of travelling to away games for them could finish them completely

Yes thats what i heard they are going to make clubhouse bigger where the car park is and they are going to introduce a club membership scheme with ST you get a free pint on entry seemingly and people will stay for a few beers afterwards
Old topic being dragged up I know, but where did you hear that? I thought the social club was sold to a private owner a few years back?

The social club was. It is now Lok’s bar/restaurant.
Cheers. Does it have much of a relationship with the football club? Doesn't really look geared to football "clientele" despite being right at the ground and utilising the clubs name in some way.

Cheers. Does it have much of a relationship with the football club? Doesn't really look geared to football "clientele" despite being right at the ground and utilising the clubs name in some way.
Don’t know to be honest. I watched Pollok for years before I could afford a season ticket at Ibrox, but it was the social club back then. I haven’t been into Lok’s on a match day.

Don’t know to be honest. I watched Pollok for years before I could afford a season ticket at Ibrox, but it was the social club back then. I haven’t been into Lok’s on a match day.
Used to go in the social club when I worked in Safeways,cheap pint and two decent pool tables back in the mid 90s

Old topic being dragged up I know, but where did you hear that? I thought the social club was sold to a private owner a few years back?
Yeah it was but what i heard was they have funding and are extending the pavilion along where the car park is and also building new toilet facilities behind the covered terrace and new catering building at some point in next few yrs

You can come and go from the ground into the pub during the game. Pollok use 'Loks for their social nights and Player of the Year events. 'Loks have also sponsored some of the younger teams in the Soccer Academy.

Yeah it was but what i heard was they have funding and are extending the pavilion along where the car park is and also building new toilet facilities behind the covered terrace and new catering building at some point in next few yrs
You can come and go from the ground into the pub during the game. Pollok use 'Loks for their social nights and Player of the Year events. 'Loks have also sponsored some of the younger teams in the Soccer Academy.
Interesting. Pollok have a decent fanbase, possibly the biggest outside of the 42, but I'd struggle to see them moving much further up the new pyramid without the necessary revenue things like the social club and function suites create especially with all the new moneybags teams around now.

It's not really - when I popped in a few years ago they had Sky Sports, but that seems to be gone.
You don't get any hassle for being a "football fan" and service is pretty good. It's a bit pricey drinks wise, more on the West End scale of nearing a fiver a pint but it's a nice bar.

The Quiach round the corner is more of a "boozer" and does cracking pints.

When is 1st game of the season due? October as well for these guys?

Largs tweeted something from the WoSL which said "training and playing - we are hoping to restart training in August and playing from last Saturday in September or first Saturday in October" but that's been deleted from the WoSL website

No offense but this is a load of nonsense. The lowland league clubs games games for a fiver and you can get a beer in the social club or a novel for 50p.

A novel?

Are the games that bad that punters read books instead of watching? :p

Back