Post AGM interview with Dave King

Yeah. The last thing we need is an atmosphere. That would spoil the matchday experience. Lets concentrate on the pies.

Nah, let's concentrate on our club's accounts, revenue streams, playing staff and potential transfers.

That's the really important things.

Safe standing as a priority sits somewhere between the above and the pies.

Nah, let's concentrate on our club's accounts, revenue streams, playing staff and potential transfers.

That's the really important things.

Safe standing as a priority sits somewhere between the above and the pies.

Club accounts and revenue streams taken care of by financial experts. Transfers and playing staff by MA, SG and his team. Matchday experience, atmosphere etc? No one interested. No real surprise that Ibrox is like a morgue.

Who’s taking the flak if Davis comes back & is a shadow of his former self?

Cos the cries of “why did we buy a guy who is clearly past it’ will be many & fierce

FF will want a scapegoat

No one believes he'll be the same player as he was six years ago but some, like me believe he will still add essential quality to our midfield at a reasonable cost outlay.

No one believes he'll be the same player as he was six years ago but some, like me believe he will still add essential quality to our midfield at a reasonable cost outlay.

Dunno mate, plenty in here very excited about it

For me, although he played well for NI a few weeks ago by all accounts, he can’t get into a poor Southampton team & will be 34 in a couple of months

Loved him when he was with us but now.. not so sure

Maybe I’m just not obsessed with past players like many in here ( which is their right)

For me, although he played well for NI a few weeks ago by all accounts, he can’t get into a poor Southampton team & will be 34 in a couple of months

Maybe I’m just not obsessed with past players like many in here ( which is their right)

We can't control midfield in tough games, we can't recycle the ball in tough games, we can't keep possession in big games; Davis is an obvious, low cost solution. There are very few midfielders in Scotland - if any - who'd make it into a Premiership team.

I thought the comment on the Sports Direct deal from 2:30 in when he talked about " a couple of months" in respect of a resolution was interesting. Also just after that when he made mention of Club 1872 "taking out Mike Ashley"

Yes, that jumped out at me too.

I don't know if DK meant it the way that we would take it to be, but it presents a nice image.

We can't control midfield in tough games, we can't recycle the ball in tough games, we can't keep possession in big games; Davis is an obvious, low cost solution. There are very few midfielders in Scotland - if any - who'd make it into a Premiership team.

Which is all fair enough mate

But if he hadn’t been with us before, he wouldn’t be on many peoples radar

Just my opinion

Always admired king , even more so now and delighted the way things are moving forward .

Can’t wait to see what the plans are for 2022 , museum, ticket office, walkway at Edmiston drive and permanent fanzone I hope .

On a small point at the end regarding the pitch, is it just me who sees no point in ripping up our pitch at the seasons end to install a new one at almost £1 million? I’d rather see us scrap the portakabins and install a proper ticket office with that money . Our pitch is fine .

New pitch will allow us longer term to match what is at training centre......believe it or not, players get used to playing on certain surfaces.

It will mean that possibly we don’t have to put as much effort into maintaining the park in ways of heat lamps etc which then frees up money going forward

I thought the comment on the Sports Direct deal from 2:30 in when he talked about " a couple of months" in respect of a resolution was interesting. Also just after that when he made mention of Club 1872 "taking out Mike Ashley"

No, he mentioned Club1872's purchase of Ashley's shares not them "taking him out" :eek::D

Some interesting questions and answers.

I'm still really curious about the 2022 plans.

I shared this information with some of the trusted on a DM earlier this year. As Robertson mentioned Edminston House now I don't feel I would breaking anyone's confidence any longer by going in to what I was told.

Edminston House, plan is to convert this in to a Museam, with a Café above and office space for the Club use. It will also house a new Rangers Store.

The Ticket Office will move the current Retail unit at that stage.

Closure of the Stadium lane on the Edminston, pedestrianized, with a (blue) walk way around with trees and benches.

Memorial Garden.

Replacement of the Broomloan Cladding to give it a modern makeover.

Large modern back lit Crests on the corner of the Main Stand. And Red and White lighting projecting from the Stadium at night.

Still looking to resolve Fan Zone issue.

If the Board sign off on the finalised plans by 2022 then Ibrox will be truly spectacular for the Celebrations.

Look who his manager is at Southampton. A complete haddy about to be be replaced soon by big Sam

Assume he's referring to Sadiq who hasn't worked out. Sounds like a line has been drawn under that one and he'll be off in January.

Solanke as his replacement please.

Solanke isn't coming. Liverpool want all his wages paid which is 50k a week and he has a clause of 600k to pay if he goes out on loan to a club outside the EPL. He is not coming.

Club accounts and revenue streams taken care of by financial experts. Transfers and playing staff by MA, SG and his team. Matchday experience, atmosphere etc? No one interested. No real surprise that Ibrox is like a morgue.
SLO I’d have thought.

I shared this information with some of the trusted on a DM earlier this year. As Robertson mentioned Edminston House now I don't feel I would breaking anyone's confidence any longer by going in to what I was told.

Edminston House, plan is to convert this in to a Museam, with a Café above and office space for the Club use. It will also house a new Rangers Store.

Closure of the Stadium lane on the Edminston, pedestrianized, with a (blue) walk way around with trees and benches.

Memorial Garden.

Large modern back lit Crests on the corner of the Main Stand. And Red and White lighting projecting from the Stadium at night.

If the Board sign off on the finalised plans by 2022 then Ibrox will be truly spectacular for the Celebrations.
Sounds very good although the building must be in a dreadful condition having been derelict for so long.

Id reckon McGregor, Nitcham and Rogic could get into a bottom half EPL team.

But you know that.

Was it in relation to them buying Ashleys shares.

Yes, it was.

Just watched it again and he clearly states (in response to a question on 1872's role with the Club):
" ... I think that with Club 1872 having participated in not only taking out Mike Ashley ..."

Aye, he said it alright !

(About 3:15 in the OP link).

Memorial Garden.

Fingers crossed mate.Sounds class!

Solanke isn't coming. Liverpool want all his wages paid which is 50k a week and he has a clause of 600k to pay if he goes out on loan to a club outside the EPL. He is not coming.

Not that fussed about whether it’s Solanke or A.N.Other that’s our needed extra striker but what is your source for that mate ? Very ITK sounding.

That's very specific information you have there. And it's in contrast to most other snippets reported which suggest Liverpool will only charge a loan fee if their player doesn't play X amount of games.

Back