Quickly Kevin, will he score? Podcast

AnglianBear

Saw this talked about on the old board so thought I'd give it a listen on the drive to work . A fantastic footy podcast that focuses on the 90s and 90s footballers.

Listened to Paul Merson one today, yesterday the one where they lay into Steve Bruces book 'Striker' and the Ian Dowie one.

Snippets from today:

-When Merson signed for Middlesborough from Arsenal, his missus said before the move that there was no way she was moving. He thought she was taking the piss but apparently not - he ended up driving to the training ground from St Albans every day!!!! He did this for 2 months then got a place in Middlesbrough who paid his brother £400 a week to 'watch telly with him' !!

-Glen Hoddle laying his hands on Merson before he is about to take a penalty for England in the penalty shoot out v Argentina in 98'. Merson said he was really worked up about missing. Hoddle lay his hands on him and said "You will score!!!" - Merson scores! Merson said "Pity he didnt lay his hands on Batty & Ince"

-Lots of Gazza stories. One about Gazza filling a mincepie with dogshit and giving it to Jimmy five bellies. Another time, when in the pub Gazza would tell Jimmy to put his hands over the pockets on the pool table and he would hammer the ball at him. If Jimmy moved his hand Gazza would dock a one-er off his wages (Five bellies was apparently paid by Gazza to hang around with him and be his dogsbody).

Give it a listen if you haven't already.

Just listened to this weeks which is an interview with Darren Anderton.

Fascinating stuff, declined an offer to replace Kanchelskis at Utd for a new contract at Spurs.

The one last season about Nottingham Forrest was brilliant.

I really enjoy them. The story Paul Merson told about him, his brother, Gazza and Five Bellies sitting in the house taking sleeping tablets and drinking red wine with cash in the pot had me in stitches. The last one to fall asleep took the money.

Back